Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central gets transfer from Scott County
Huge pick up for the Commodores. This kid is 6'5" and is definitely an athlete that will help Back with the scoring. This will mix things up in the 14th for sure. They are also still waiting on the appeal from the Cordia transfer. Hazard and Knott will have some competition to win the region for sure.
Did the kid actually play at Scott Co. or just from there? When did they go for the appeal? Isn’t there deadlines on a response from KHSAA?
The KHSAA, because of the Harmon Situation, has really bowed their back on transfers this year. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.On the Corida kid, because of the Harmon situation, I doubt he gets eligible.

With the 6'5 kid, they better be able to show why it is not a transfer for "athletic purposes"
Passtheball Wrote:Did the kid actually play at Scott Co. or just from there? When did they go for the appeal? Isn’t there deadlines on a response from KHSAA?

Did he actually play? don't know

when is the appeal? already appealed, waiting on decision. Already been ruled ineligible by khsaa, then filed appeal, now waiting on answer.

as far as deadlines, khsaa does what they want. Knowing their track record, I would say they will wait until about district tourney time and rule him eligible. :biggrin:
Does this kid have a name? Probably someone riding the bench at Scott County and not getting playing time. No way any of their starters transfer. That team will contend for a state title this season.
Go Blazers Go Wrote:The KHSAA, because of the Harmon Situation, has really bowed their back on transfers this year. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.On the Corida kid, because of the Harmon situation, I doubt he gets eligible.

With the 6'5 kid, they better be able to show why it is not a transfer for "athletic purposes"

I would guess if his family moved from Scott County to Perry, that is why he is already eligible. No question on a family change of residence.
A name would be nice.
Since Moreno was injured, Scott County has no starters over 6’1”. They have two big kids who play. 6’4” Hamilton is usually the 7th man and 6’6” Barbour is usually the 8th man. Both played Tuesday night at Madison Central.
never said he played at scott county, just said he was from there! Smile
Heard his name was Jaylin Williams. Heard he could dunk from about the dang free throw line and I aint kidding. LOL. Not saw him in person yet.
Patriot train Wrote:Huge pick up for the Commodores. This kid is 6'5" and is definitely an athlete that will help Back with the scoring. This will mix things up in the 14th for sure. They are also still waiting on the appeal from the Cordia transfer. Hazard and Knott will have some competition to win the region for sure.
Of all the 14th region championships Perry has won ('96, '97, '99, '00, '04, '05, '11, '17, I believe that all of them) how many were won with Perry County boys?
Free agent signing period is alive and well in the 14th region, haha.
14th Region is one of the most interesting in the state every year.
Kid's name is Jaylin Williams.
He transferred from Scott County but did not play there.
Really athletic as stated, but also really green because he's not played a lot of organized basketball.

He is playing tonight against Floyd Central. As far as his transfer stuff and eligibility, just know that circumstances outside of this kid's control brought him here. Probably doesn't need to be discussed on the board.

Patriot Train is right about Frazier. He was ruled ineligible last week and Perry immediately filed an appeal. As far as deadlines, the hearing date should be next week but we'll see what happens.
6'4"-6'5" and athletic is a super star here in the 14th, no matter how much organized ball he has played. LOL
FunFan Wrote:Of all the 14th region championships Perry has won ('96, '97, '99, '00, '04, '05, '11, '17, I believe that all of them) how many were won with Perry County boys?

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
:flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:
The_Rock Wrote:Heard his name was Jaylin Williams. Heard he could dunk from about the dang free throw line and I aint kidding. LOL. Not saw him in person yet.

I have seen the video :truestory:
If he has not participated in high school athletics in the last year, I don't think transfer rules apply.
FunFan Wrote:Of all the 14th region championships Perry has won ('96, '97, '99, '00, '04, '05, '11, '17, I believe that all of them) how many were won with Perry County boys?

Honestly, every one except 2017.
Patriot train Wrote:6'4"-6'5" and athletic is a super star here in the 14th, no matter how much organized ball he has played. LOL

I think he's an immediate factor, but I don't think Perry plays him and starts running through people.

He may end up with 30 points tonight against Floyd Central. He may end up with 4 points and 9 rebounds with some big defensive plays.

We'll find out, but he's automatically Perry's best athlete.
If he hasn’t participated in varsity sports the last year he’s automatically eligible immediately as long as he’s meeting the schools requirements.

Did the others already go through the appeal hearings? If so, I guess it’s onto the commissioner..
Can he play
basketball101 Wrote:Can he play

Played tonight in a limited role.

Outran everyone and tomahawked it first trip up the court. A couple turnovers and missed jumpers.

Still finding his role, but he's exciting.
Can he be a difference maker for Perry?
Yes. Makes them favorite to win region.

Don’t be hating on Perry Centrals dynasty. Kid is honestly already the most athletic player in the region so we will see what happens. Great pick up for the Dores.
People get upset quickly if they perceive another team gets the upper hand. This kid moving here has not changed anything yet. There are a lot of high jumpers that can't play basketball. I'm not saying this kid can't play, but I am saying that he has to prove himself and Coach Hoskins has to figure out a way to work him into the lineup. Regardless, the region is open for several teams to win. Let's sit back and see how it plays out.
Billy Sumner in ‘97 was from Knott County.
I was actually mistaken, Breathitt County won it in 1996, not PCC
zaga_fan Wrote:honestly, every one except 2017.