Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. Magoffin County III / 57th Championship
All I can say is whichever team wants thsi the most will win this game. These two have played two of the best games I have ever witnessed, they always seem to turn it up a notch everytime they play.

The key to Paintsville victory is keeping Magoffin's gaurds from running the floor and shooting open 3's, Paintsville needs to keep the TO's in single digits, definately need another good game out of Russell, Hall and Carroll I don't think we need to worry about, tehy will have their usual, and they must, MUST get the ball down to Chelsee, Magoffin CAN NOT stop her, she has owned Magoffin both games this year, and finally they need to stay out foul trouble, big key for teh Lady Tigers cause they aint got much of a bench.

Magoffin must crash the boards and keep Jarrell from getting second chances underneath, run the floor, and try to get Jarrell in foul trouble, they do this they will win.

Im goin' with Paintsville, they aint gonna lose to Magoffin for a 3rd time, Lady Tigers by 3.

Paintsville - 65
Magoffin - 62
Bill_Don, that was a pretty insightful post.

But I think the biggest key for Paintsville is Jesikah Russell. In the 2 games againsy Magoffin, she has only scored 3 points on 1-9 shooting. Last game she had 8 turnovers Confusedhock: Confusedhock: The first game she 6 turnovers. She had only 1 steal and 1 assist in the 2 games. She averages 3-4 steals and assists a game.

If Paintsville is to beat Magoffin, Russell MUST have her usual 8-12 points, 6-8 rebounds, 3-4 steals and assists, cut her TO's to 2-3, and she has to play her normal sticky defense.

Of course, that's to go along with Jarrell continuing her domination.

Have you noticed Pup (Magoffin's coach) showing up at Paintsville's last 4 games????????
Good luck to both teams!
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Have you noticed Pup (Magoffin's coach) showing up at Paintsville's last 4 games????????

Nope, but I know what he is thinking..
:lol: :lol:
"Bill_Don" Wrote:
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Have you noticed Pup (Magoffin's coach) showing up at Paintsville's last 4 games????????

Something like,"Oh %&#@, we may be in trouble??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he knows that he has the team to beat though.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:
"Bill_Don" Wrote:

Something like,"Oh %&#@, we may be in trouble??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he knows that he has the team to beat though.

Last year Magoffin County's game plan for beating Paintsville in the distrct worked, get Chelsee in foul trouble, they did just that. They pounded the ball inside and got her in foul trouble early, BUT, Chelsee is a TOTALLY different player now from last year and the beginning of this year when she was always in foul trouble, heck she hasn't been in foul trouble the last month and a half, all because she don't commit those stupid fouls she use to.

If that is Pup's game plan for beating Paintsville, then I don't think Magoffin will pull it out, she is a much smarter player now and realizes she can't block everyone underneath, all she's gotta do is stand strait up and it disrupt the other players shots.
idk i c Goffin winning it they are a very good ball team but so is P-ville only time will tell we will find out soon enough