Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Baseball 2019
I was talking about power hitters you lost, was I not correct on those young men with the HRS that have graduated. Parks with 2 and Fairchild and Cyrus with 6 a piece. Im looking at the stats my friend. Lc had 2 kids over 400 batting avg, 5 between 300-375. And the rest were below that. with 4 of the 7 players over 300 avg. graduating. So I do have the stats from the regional tournament on the teams. It looks as though you agree with me about their defense, I see no argument with that. I wasn't bashing LC players, I was just saying they lost a lot of production. Also you are right LC does have some arms left but so does Central and my Tigers. I see no favorite in LC,JC, and P. # great teams as well as their coaches. Going to be fun to watch this year.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Stats? What stats? Those imaginary ones don't count either. Trust me, the "rest" were not "under .200". Tyler Maynard, Feltner, Roe, CJ Fairlchild.....all were between .350-.400 hitters last year.

And explain to me again how if LC just had those two stud pitchers that they were able to win 30 games last year playing a very good schedule?

I think those transfers will make a difference for PHS. If nothing else, they will fill a couple of holes. However, I do think LC has a better shot. They should be better than they were last year. All those young kids got some really top shelf experience last year as well. That can’t be understated. They have two pitchers that can beat anybody in the region. I’m pretty sure they a few young kids surprise some people on the mound last year as well. Even though PHS has the momentum of winning last year, they also create a giant bullseye on their back as well. How they respond to having to play everybody’s best shot every game will determine if they can repeat. However, in my opinion it’s LC’s year.
Tigersfan Wrote:All I know is that Lc lost a lot of Power. Between Parks,Cyrus and the older Fairchild they had 14 Hrs between them. And you say you have 6 of the Top hitters back. Well that is true, but only 3 of the 6 are legit and from the stats I seen the rest are 200 and under. what about their defense, I guess they are better than last year too lol. Pitching, yes Fairchild and Blevin are Awesome, but the rest is not even close to them. We are young too.We will see.

When it comes to making predictions regarding high school kids the worst possible way to do that is to go by stats. They are fun for a comparison discussion but as far as team goals go, you could have 9 kids hitting.200 and win th 15th Region. All depends on the draw and how well you are playing when it matters.
Paintsville, Pikeville, Lawrence County, Johnson Central, Pike Central, and Floyd Central.

Everyone else doesn’t matter.
^^^Pike Central - 500-1 shot. Floyd Central - zero in a million shot.
Better than last yr team lol , Did you not see last yr team play many games?. Still going with the Tigers, must have a solid defense to back up those pitchers, we will see soon. Ratliff, Williams, and Collins is the best infield hands down in the region this year. We will see.
Tigersfan Wrote:Better than last yr team lol , Did you not see last yr team play many games?. Still going with the Tigers, must have a solid defense to back up those pitchers, we will see soon. Ratliff, Williams, and Collins is the best infield hands down in the region this year. We will see.

And how many regional titles did those "best infield hands" lead Ashland to in the 16th?

I'm still confused how you got those LC stats. I know by having a child go through the LC system that they do not disclose stats but to radio people during postseason. So, either (1) you are a radio personality) or (2) you got them from one. My child didn't get his stats until he graduated. :biglmao:

As for LC, you seem to know everything those "stats" tell you about this year's team. By the end of this season, I hope the "stats" you see will tell you all you need to know about this year's team as well.

From your previous post, you seem to think that being able to hit HR's is the only stat that matters. What you will see is that this LC team will have three guys all hit multiple HR's (Feltner, Maynard, Fairchild), and another couple of players who will hit between .350 and .450 (Blevins, Roe), with several others already having seasons between .300 to .350 in their careers.

Should be fun. Hope the egos at Paintsville don't bring them down before district tourney. :popcorn:
lol, You've got it all figured out don't ya, lol. Looks like the rest of the 15th doesn't need to play this year, LC 38-0 and state champs this year
. Congrats. Wink

;

Tigersfan Wrote:lol, You've got it all figured out don't ya, lol. Looks like the rest of the 15th doesn't need to play this year, LC 38-0 and state champs this year
. Congrats. Wink

;

That sound sounds like a plan. Save everyone a lot of time. Congrats LC on bringing the hardware back to Louisa!!! Woohoo!!!!
Pikeville's schedule will have them looking worse than they are early in the season to those who just look at wins and losses. Make no mistake, this bunch will be a tough out for anyone. Let Paintsville and JC and LC have all the rankings they want, we will just focus on getting better each game. Love what Simpkins is doing with his bunch. Got a good top to bottom roster with a nice mix of talent, only 3 seniors listed on the roster but I'm hearing a 4th should be coming out as well.
PHSForever Wrote:Pikeville's schedule will have them looking worse than they are early in the season to those who just look at wins and losses. Make no mistake, this bunch will be a tough out for anyone. Let Paintsville and JC and LC have all the rankings they want, we will just focus on getting better each game. Love what Simpkins is doing with his bunch. Got a good top to bottom roster with a nice mix of talent, only 3 seniors listed on the roster but I'm hearing a 4th should be coming out as well.
He’s a good coach, you all are lucky to have him..
2000PHS Wrote:Kash had a sibling that was going to stay in Paintsville, that ended the transfer.

there was that matter of Mason Moore and his sister leaving Paintsville and going to Rowan county. His older brother is a senior and lives alone in Paintsville. Still enrolled in school there and played football until an injury. Tell me how they got eligible. None of the recent transfers to Paintsville happened while kids were in high school. They were all in 7& 8th grades. No eligibility requirements there.
PHSForever Wrote:Pikeville's schedule will have them looking worse than they are early in the season to those who just look at wins and losses. Make no mistake, this bunch will be a tough out for anyone. Let Paintsville and JC and LC have all the rankings they want, we will just focus on getting better each game. Love what Simpkins is doing with his bunch. Got a good top to bottom roster with a nice mix of talent, only 3 seniors listed on the roster but I'm hearing a 4th should be coming out as well.

For the record, I have said since day 1 that Shane would have them competitive Year 1.
Just look what he did for Prestonsburg before they ran him off.. he made their baseball program a winner in no time
2000PHS Wrote:For the record, I have said since day 1 that Shane would have them competitive Year 1.
Agree. Now, it’s not that we were not already competitive, but I just happen to believe he will surprise people with what we have and what we end up doing. Priode was a very good coach and I want to make sure what he accomplished is in no way minimized. A final 4, All A run, etc. but sometimes, fresh blood and new eyes make a tremendous difference. It’s just reality. The ability to be self critical and acknowledge changes are sometimes needed is a hallmark of excellence. Look what has happened with basketball. Same situation there, Bart was a VERY good coach, but a change was needed. Did not mean he was a bad person or bad coach, just time to have moved on. I happen to personally like him a ton and respect what he did, but they’re in better shape now because administration had the ability to say “we gotta make a change”. I think this will be a very fun year for baseball.
Johnson Central will be the best defensive team in the region by a decent margin imo. They’ll be able to hit at a good clip to. The only question for JC is their pitching.

LC will have the best pitching in the region with some good sticks. Their defense will be lacking this year.

Paintsville who really knows? Who plays where? Is Gunners shoulder healthy enough to throw? How’s some of those egos going to mesh? They have the potential to be good but I think their a wait and see team.
2000PHS Wrote:For the record, I have said since day 1 that Shane would have them competitive Year 1.

Hey 2000PHS did they lose a player going back to Lexington? I heard he was a very good baseball player, too.
Patriot1 Wrote:Hey 2000PHS did they lose a player going back to Lexington? I heard he was a very good baseball player, too.

Not sure? Are you asking if Paintsville lost a player? Either way, I haven’t heard anything.
2000PHS Wrote:Not sure? Are you asking if Paintsville lost a player? Either way, I haven’t heard anything.

I heardthe one who came to Paintsville from LCA is going back, just a rumor I heard don't know if its true.
I’m not sure about LCA, but Matt Combs came from Floyd Central last year and has transferred back to FC. He was a strong hitter and pitcher.
Then there was Mason Moore who transferred to Rowan County and Mason was certainly one of Paintsville’s better pitchers.
Maybe these are the kids you’re thinking about?
BallFan1952 Wrote:I’m not sure about LCA, but Matt Combs came from Floyd Central last year and has transferred back to FC. He was a strong hitter and pitcher.
Then there was Mason Moore who transferred to Rowan County and Mason was certainly one of Paintsville’s better pitchers.
Maybe these are the kids you’re thinking about?

No it’s The McClurg kid that came from LCA last year to Paintsville, I heard he is going back to Lexington but going to another school. It may just be a rumor.
There is no McClurg listed on on last year or this year Paintsville baseball roster?
BallFan1952 Wrote:There is no McClurg listed on on last year or this year Paintsville baseball roster?
McClurg played at LCA last year and transferred to Paintsville this year (academic 2017-2018 in LCA and 2018-2019 in Paintsville). That’s what Patriot is referring to. So he transferred to Paintsville after the baseball season and would not have been on their roster. For him not to be listed this year, either he’s not playing or he has transferred away, is Patriot’s point. He played football for Paintsville this academic year.
BallFan1952 Wrote:There is no McClurg listed on on last year or this year Paintsville baseball roster?
I believe he is referencing Josh McClurg who played football this year for Paintsville.
Mister D Wrote:I believe he is referencing Josh McClurg who played football this year for Paintsville.

Thanks Mister D, for clearing that up but it was just a rumor I heard. They say he was a excellent baseball player,too.
I not 100% sure but think that Ferrell is the only D1 Pitcher in the 15th at this time. If he is health (BIG ?) with Riley that will be the best 1 & 2 pitchers in the 15th JC lineup will be solid with above average defense. Paintsville will have the best line up in the 15th if they get Johnnies grandstands but hey lack any consistence pitching. Lawrence county will have good Pitcher and be well coached. (LC does not have best pitching in 15th ) DO not forget about PIkeville they will be the Dark Horse. So it will come down to match ups. JC will Constantly beat LC, LC will beat Paintsville and Paintsville will match up better against JC then LC. Why LC will not hit real good Pitching hard/ JC will hit average Pitching well but Painsville will be able to hit very good pitching well.
We need to get this “IF”, they are ruled eligible out of everyones heads. They have already been ruled eligible as of last Friday.
Whomever comes out of the 57th as a loser will have the chance if drawing Pikeville and they have a LHP that can beat anyone in one game.
baseball1974 Wrote:Whomever comes out of the 57th as a loser will have the chance if drawing Pikeville and they have a LHP that can beat anyone in one game.

Yep, Lakin is as good as anyone in the region and can beat anyone in any given game. The kid can slang it.