Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government Shutdown
^^^Anyone who tries to tell you our border security crisis is Trump's fault is not a person to be taken seriously. It's just as simple as that.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It saddens me to see an internet troll with nothing better to do with their time than personally attack other people for expressing their political beliefs. Thankfully, the number of Trump loyalists who are cultist trolls is a small and insignificant minority.

Still better than a life suffered alone in a self aggrandizing delusion, whereby one imagines himself somehow better than everyone else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Still better than a life suffered alone in a self aggrandizing delusion, whereby one imagines himself somehow better than everyone else.
You have described yourself in a nutshell. Well done, sir.
jetpilot Wrote:^^^Anyone who tries to tell you our border security crisis is Trump's fault is not a person to be taken seriously. It's just as simple as that.
I agree. Trump did not create the problem and nobody said that he did. You are a master of the obvious.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree. Trump did not create the problem and nobody said that he did. You are a master of the obvious.

Nobody said anybody said Trump created the problem.Confusednicker:
Tom Fitton

Verified account

@TomFitton
Follow Follow @TomFitton
More Tom Fitton Retweeted Mollie
Again, we don't have a Wall because of Republican congressional leadership. @SpeakerPelosi is only more direct in her opposition.
jetpilot Wrote:Nobody said anybody said Trump created the problem.Confusednicker:
You're not making much sense. I agreed with you and then you rephrased what I said and added a smirking smilie as if you disagreed with yourself.
jetpilot Wrote:Tom Fitton

Verified account

@TomFitton
Follow Follow @TomFitton
More Tom Fitton Retweeted Mollie
Again, we don't have a Wall because of Republican congressional leadership. @SpeakerPelosi is only more direct in her opposition.
I have followed Tom Fitton for a long time. I don't think that I have ever disagreed with any of his tweets, although I hardly ever log into Twitter.

So, if Republican congressional leadership is to blame - why are you bashing me for saying that Trump should have confronted McConnell in 2017 to do his job? Pelosi was in the minority for two years and so was Schumer. As Americans, they both should have supported Trump on building a border wall, but Trump could not get his own party to back the effort, blaming Pelosi now for not supporting funding a wall makes him look weak.

The House voted to fund the wall before Democrats took over. Trump could have taken on McConnell for effectively blocking funding for two years by refusing to change the Senate rules and getting a House bill through the Senate.

The main problem has been Senate leadership and Senate leadership means McConnell. As long as McConnell refused to bring a vote on a border wall to a vote on the Senate floor, it didn't really matter what Pelosi or any other Democrat did in the House for 2 years.

Pelosi is doing what her voters elected her to do and there is nothing Trump could have done about it. I don't think McConnell is doing what Kentucky voters sent him to Washington to do.

I agree with Tom Fitton.

Tom Fitton‏ @TomFitton
Shameful: If Republican congressional leadership wanted the Wall, we'd have the Wall. @RealDonaldTrump @JudicialWatch

Tom Fitton‏Verified account @TomFitton
Remember, there is no law or constitutional requirement requiring 60 votes for the funding measure before the Senate. The 60 vote requirement is a creature of Senate rules which can be changed by majority vote.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have followed Tom Fitton for a long time. I don't think that I have ever disagreed with any of his tweets, although I hardly ever log into Twitter.

So, if Republican congressional leadership is to blame - why are you bashing me for saying that Trump should have confronted McConnell in 2017 to do his job? Pelosi was in the minority for two years and so was Schumer. As Americans, they both should have supported Trump on building a border wall, but Trump could not get his own party to back the effort, blaming Pelosi now for not supporting funding a wall makes him look weak.

The House voted to fund the wall before Democrats took over. Trump could have taken on McConnell for effectively blocking funding for two years by refusing to change the Senate rules and getting a House bill through the Senate.

The main problem has been Senate leadership and Senate leadership means McConnell. As long as McConnell refused to bring a vote on a border wall to a vote on the Senate floor, it didn't really matter what Pelosi or any other Democrat did in the House for 2 years.

Pelosi is doing what her voters elected her to do and there is nothing Trump could have done about it. I don't think McConnell is doing what Kentucky voters sent him to Washington to do. I agree with Tom Fitton.

Tom Fitton‏ @TomFitton
Shameful: If Republican congressional leadership wanted the Wall, we'd have the Wall. @RealDonaldTrump @JudicialWatch

Tom Fitton‏Verified account @TomFitton
Remember, there is no law or constitutional requirement requiring 60 votes for the funding measure before the Senate. The 60 vote requirement is a creature of Senate rules which can be changed by majority vote.

From among those who publish drivel and whom do not make much sense, you got a funny way of being objective, O great debater.

But welcome to the light. As I have steadfastly maintained, the DC establishment of both parties have collaborated to resist this Presidency and therefore the people of the United States since election eve of November 2016. They are not worthy to hold office. And yet as scum always seems to rise to the top, so have the reprehensible legions of those who fill and who are in line to fill the positions of high office. And that certainly includes the recently departed Paul Ryan, not to mention George W. and many others from the past who've come forth to dog pile the President. But the real enablers of the resistance are the ones who hold the microphone, that being the rabid media. Trump cannot be held responsible for the actions of likely around 500 or so of the US Congress.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:From among those who publish drivel and whom do not make much sense, you got a funny way of being objective, O great debater.

But welcome to the light. As I have steadfastly maintained, the DC establishment of both parties have collaborated to resist this Presidency and therefore the people of the United States since election eve of November 2016. They are not worthy to hold office. And yet as scum always seems to rise to the top, so have the reprehensible legions of those who fill and who are in line to fill the positions of high office. And that certainly includes the recently departed Paul Ryan, not to mention George W. and many others from the past who've come forth to dog pile the President, as well as the ones who hold the microphone, that being the rabid media. Trump cannot be held responsible for the actions of likely around 500 or so of the US Congress.

Exactly. That is why he is working around them as we speak. But get ready for a salvo of "Trump should have." I am on the same page as Hoot 90% of the time, but blasting the President or not having his back, even when you disagree with him, is for the Pelosis and Kristols of the world.
TheRealThing Wrote:From among those who publish drivel and whom do not make much sense, you got a funny way of being objective, O great debater.

But welcome to the light. As I have steadfastly maintained, the DC establishment of both parties have collaborated to resist this Presidency and therefore the people of the United States since election eve of November 2016. They are not worthy to hold office. And yet as scum always seems to rise to the top, so have the reprehensible legions of those who fill and who are in line to fill the positions of high office. And that certainly includes the recently departed Paul Ryan, not to mention George W. and many others from the past who've come forth to dog pile the President. But the real enablers of the resistance are the ones who hold the microphone, that being the rabid media. Trump cannot be held responsible for the actions of likely around 500 or so of the US Congress.
Henceforth, I will be trying to do a better job of ignoring your dishonest posts and your personal attacks. As for light, you can always be counted upon to provide more heat than light to any discussion and this thread has been no exception.
jetpilot Wrote:Exactly. That is why he is working around them as we speak. But get ready for a salvo of "Trump should have." I am on the same page as Hoot 90% of the time, but blasting the President or not having his back, even when you disagree with him, is for the Pelosis and Kristols of the world.

Lol, make a mental note. Anytime he can’t come up with some high sounding professorial dodge, like when he gets called out on what he just typed, the great debater declares others dimly lit or dishonest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1. Graham Warns GOP to Back Trump on Wall Emergency

2. Bill Kristol

Verified account

@BillKristol
Follow Follow @BillKristol
More
The case of Lindsey Graham demonstrates once again that Trump sycophancy corrupts, and absolute Trump sycophancy corrupts absolutely.

Bill Kristol is the absolute worst.
Who cares what Bill Krystol says? Classic strawman arguments, JP. Real conservatives don't stoop to such dishonest tactics and they hold elected officials to their campaign promises.

Quote:“Donald Trump must commit his administration to a serious, independent investigation of the very serious Clinton national security, email, and pay-to-play scandals,” organization president Tom Fitton said in a statement.“If Mr. Trump’s appointees continue the Obama administration’s politicized spiking of a criminal investigation of Hillary Clinton, it would be a betrayal of his promise to the American people to ‘drain the swamp’ of out-of-control corruption in Washington, DC.
“President-elect Trump should focus on healing the broken justice system, affirm the rule of law and appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Clinton scandals.”

During the heat of the campaign, Trump promised to appoint a special prosecutor to examine Clinton’s controversial use of a private email server. He claimed that a yearlong federal investigation into Clinton’s setup, which failed to find sufficient evidence of illegality, was “rigged” to protect the Democratic nominee.
Real conservatives don't engage in hero worship. More from Tom Fitton:

Quote:[B]Tom Fitton‏Verified account @TomFitton [/B]
Amnesty is not a good plan, @realDonaldTrump. It will encourage more illegal immigration and undermine the rule of law.
President Donald Trump has often quoted Judicial Watch and Tom Fitton, despite the fact that Fitton has repeatedly criticized him for not staying true to some of his campaign promises. I don't recall Trump ever quoting Bill Krystol.
Who said:

Quote:“If stalemate continues, Republicans should go to 51% (Nuclear Option) and vote on real, long term budget, no C.R.’s!”
(Hint for TRT: It was President Donald J. Trump.)

President Trump was absolutely right - but he should have applied more public pressure to Mitch McConnell to get it done, IMO. There was never any other hope in getting border wall funding through the Senate.
Preaching to me or anyone else about how real conservatives are supposed to act is laughable. More posts that prove Hoot is not to be taken seriously re all things Trump. Just like Pelosi and Kristol.:eyeroll:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Who said:

(Hint for TRT: It was President Donald J. Trump.)

President Trump was absolutely right - but he should have applied more public pressure to Mitch McConnell to get it done, IMO. There was never any other hope in getting border wall funding through the Senate.

Trump's fault. Orange man bad. :biglmao:
jetpilot Wrote:Preaching to me or anyone else about how real conservatives are supposed to act is laughable. More posts that prove Hoot is not to be taken seriously re all things Trump. Just like Pelosi and Kristol.:eyeroll:
Real conservatives don't spend much time reading, quoting, and obsessing over William Kristol. I don't.
^^ So, there you have it Jet. The gold standard is whatever Hoot says it is, which BTW, always favors him. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]