Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 8 Paintsville 5 8 Innings
Matt Fyffe pitched for JC and Grimm pitched for Paintsville, Vanhoose and Isom hit homerun's for Paintsville.
Congrats to JC! Good luck in the finals and region.

Congrats to Paintsville on a terrific season. Nothing to hang your head about losing to JC in the first round of district. The winner of this game may likely be the region champ anyway. Only time will tell though.
Tough break for Paintsville. That district desperately needs to get rid of the draw and go to seeding based on what is done in the season. No excuse for one of the top teams to not make region.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fantastic win for Coach Hall and Company. Hats off to all the golden eagles. Coach Hall is very aggressive and knows how to engineer runs. Congrats!
Well I guess JC was smart in waiting to use Fyffe.But I do agree that the 57th is the best baseball district in the region and it a shame that maybe the best overall team in the region will not be in the region tourny. But only the 57th can change this. You guys from Paintsville had a great season keep your heads up.
I still don't like the idea of drawing, sometimes it works out and then there are years like this one, I just think the teams with the best district records should have a chance to play for the district title. I have heard rumors that the 57th may seed next year, does anyone have any info?
They have voted for seeding. Paintsville got down early in this one but fought back behind 2 2-run HR's one by Ison and one by VanHoose. Central had the bases loaded with one out late in the game but Watkins was able to strike out one and have another pop out to get out of the jame. A couple of miscues in the 8th allowed Central to bring 3 across the plate. I was wrong on my prediction of a low scoring game, congrats to Paintsville on a great season and best of luck to Johnson Central tomorrow night.
The 57th will seed next year and the following year they will need to vote on it again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
IF they had seeded this year- what would the first round matchups have been?
gotcha2 Wrote:IF they had seeded this year- what would the first round matchups have been?
This is assuming that Paintsville did no worse than split with LC.

MC vs. SCHS with the winner playing Paintsville.
LC vs. JC.
gotcha2 Wrote:IF they had seeded this year- what would the first round matchups have been?
Im not for sure but i think it would have been Magoffin and Sheldon Clark play in game. The winner would have played P-Ville . Then JC and LC in the other game.
I hated the outcome, but wish Fyffe, Blanton and the boys the best! No way could I ever root against them! I have watched them play since they got out of diapers!
Daniel, Subby, Wasper and Josh.........It has been an extreme pleasure with you guys! Good luck to you all in the future.
The Guru Wrote:This is assuming that Paintsville did no worse than split with LC.

MC vs. SCHS with the winner playing Paintsville.
LC vs. JC.
u beat me Darn.. Ha ha
What time is the Championship tomorrow?
bad hop Wrote:Well I guess JC was smart in waiting to use Fyffe.But I do agree that the 57th is the best baseball district in the region and it a shame that maybe the best overall team in the region will not be in the region tourny. But only the 57th can change this. You guys from Paintsville had a great season keep your heads up.

IMHO, Fyffe pitched a good game . But, not seeing him didn't beat the Tigers. The Tigers beat the Tigers. But, hats off to both teams. Was a great game to watch! Good luck JC in the Region!
Technicaly JC beat the Tigers JK.
By the way thank you LC for coming in and breaking the draw thing up and voting for seeding.
:letsparty
Belfry Wins Wrote:Technicaly JC beat the Tigers JK.
By the way thank you LC for coming in and breaking the draw thing up and voting for seeding.
Piss on 'em!!! They voted to draw last year!!!
Next year, I hope Coach Hall and Tucker vote to draw !
^^^lol
The Guru Wrote:I hated the outcome, but wish Fyffe, Blanton and the boys the best! No way could I ever root against them! I have watched them play since they got out of diapers!
Daniel, Subby, Wasper and Josh.........It has been an extreme pleasure with you guys! Good luck to you all in the future.

I agree... I'll miss the Tiger boys in BLUE!
It's been fun to watch these seniors play, especially since most of them have been getting PT since there freshmen year. So we've seen a lot of them and they'll be missed. The Tigers did beat the Tigers tonight, despite Fyffe's superb pitching effort. Pass balls, wild pitches and errors just killed Paintsville. Congrats to Coach Hall and the Golden Eagles, good luck the rest of the way. Like someone above said it'd be hard not to root for JC, watching these players grow and develop from each side of the creek.It was a shame that some of these players high school careers ended this way. You could see it after the game, the Tigers players were upset/crying and respectfully the Golden Eagles were sympathetic hugging, and embracing one another. These guys have been playing together since they were wee tots. The good news is despite the outcome for Paintsville or JC, six of the eight seniors combined, get the chance to move on and play at the next level as well as make this ENTIRE COUNTY proud. Congrats and good luck to those guys.
Well said BB!
The Guru Wrote:Piss on 'em!!! They voted to draw last year!!!
Next year, I hope Coach Hall and Tucker vote to draw !
PISS on you Guru :mad:
Alright. Let's not get into a Pissing Contest. lol
alfus21 Wrote:Tough break for Paintsville. That district desperately needs to get rid of the draw and go to seeding based on what is done in the season. No excuse for one of the top teams to not make region.
i agree this has gone on to long.
The Blue Blur Wrote:It's been fun to watch these seniors play, especially since most of them have been getting PT since there freshmen year. So we've seen a lot of them and they'll be missed. The Tigers did beat the Tigers tonight, despite Fyffe's superb pitching effort. Pass balls, wild pitches and errors just killed Paintsville. Congrats to Coach Hall and the Golden Eagles, good luck the rest of the way. Like someone above said it'd be hard not to root for JC, watching these players grow and develop from each side of the creek.It was a shame that some of these players high school careers ended this way. You could see it after the game, the Tigers players were upset/crying and respectfully the Golden Eagles were sympathetic hugging, and embracing one another. These guys have been playing together since they were wee tots. The good news is despite the outcome for Paintsville or JC, six of the eight seniors combined, get the chance to move on and play at the next level as well as make this ENTIRE COUNTY proud. Congrats and good luck to those guys.
Everybody likes to win, but after seeing the hurt and disapointment in a lot of lifelong friends it somehow takes a little bit of the joy out of winning. Thanks to all of the Tiger supporters that were so gracious in defeat and for offering upcoming support because I know it's not easy to do so at a time when it really hurts. It's just a shame that it had to come down to JC/Paintsville having to play each other in the first round. It's just all uncalled for that one of us had to bow out in the manner that we did. Congratulations to the Paintsville coaching staff for putting such a fine well prepared product on the field every game this season. Again, Congratulations Tigers on a fantastic season and good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way.

Special well wishes to Kyle, Daniel,Travis , and Josh. I admire and respect each and every one of these fine young men..
alfus21 Wrote:Tough break for Paintsville. That district desperately needs to get rid of the draw and go to seeding based on what is done in the season. No excuse for one of the top teams to not make region.

It wouldnt have mattered this year one of the best teams in the Region would have been left at home. Because I think that LC, JC and Paintsville are the three best teams in the Region.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:It wouldnt have mattered this year one of the best teams in the Region would have been left at home. Because I think that LC, JC and Paintsville are the three best teams in the Region.

That may be true, but I've heard all year about hypothetical LC-Paintsville cames and all the what if's?? How about Keaton, quit being a chickenshit and going with the seed from the get go? I swear I wish that Pooh and Tucker had voted to draw next year, as LC only loses one senior and that's the only reason Keaton voted to seed. He knows he has the best chance at the one seed. I'm not saying Paintsville would've had the one seed, or LC-JC would've been a definite game in the semi's but....that's all I have to say about that!!!
The Blue Blur Wrote:That may be true, but I've heard all year about hypothetical LC-Paintsville cames and all the what if's?? How about Keaton, quit being a chickenshit and going with the seed from the get go? I swear I wish that Pooh and Tucker had voted to draw next year, as LC only loses one senior and that's the only reason Keaton voted to seed. He knows he has the best chance at the one seed. I'm not saying Paintsville would've had the one seed, or LC-JC would've been a definite game in the semi's but....that's all I have to say about that!!!

Well I dont blame him for taking advantage of the situation that was given to him when they made the switch from the 16th to the 15th. They were already drawing when they came into the 15th. So thats all I have to say.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Well I dont blame him for taking advantage of the situation that was given to him when they made the switch from the 16th to the 15th. They were already drawing when they came into the 15th. So thats all I have to say.
And it came back to bite him in the hind end the two years before that.

You got a team lead by Stevie Blevins and then draw Boyd Co. for two straight years in the opening round.

Hard to figure that thought process out.