Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marty hangs it up as Reds Broadcaster in 2020
2019 will be Marty's last year. Announcement made today at Reds Media day.

Marty and Joe were a staple together but when Joe passed away, Marty went down hill. Follow that up with the Reds swinging door of announcers every night and not knowing who you have each night it made you realize that Marty needed to go.
I was dreading this day. Reds baseball will never be the same after this season.
Sad to see him go. Like Westside said, it will never be the same. I hope to see him do other sporting events though, he's one of the best out there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
plantmanky Wrote:2019 will be Marty's last year. Announcement made today at Reds Media day.

Marty and Joe were a staple together but when Joe passed away, Marty went down hill. Follow that up with the Reds swinging door of announcers every night and not knowing who you have each night it made you realize that Marty needed to go.

rounding third and headed for home.
Westside Wrote:I was dreading this day. Reds baseball will never be the same after this season.
I agree. I listened to Reds games on the radio for many years since I was a kid. I always enjoyed listening to Marty and The Ole Lefty.
Nothing like sitting on the porch on a warm summer evening, radio by my side, listening to Marty and the old left-hander. Those were the days...
Congrats
Gonna Miss Marty. One of the best.
Hate to see one of the old pros go. Loved listening to baseball on the radio growing up. Now it is Budweiser and baseball.