Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Reds...
On a possitive note: the Reds made a great comeback Monday night, capped off with a two-run hr by Valentin that allowed the Reds to take the lead and go on for the 8-7 win.

On a really really sour note: the Reds ace Bronson Arroyo gave up 6 runs in 2 innings pitched and the Reds are coming off a 2-7 road trip. They then got petted Tuesday night for 8 runs and lost 8-4. Oh did I mention that they are playing the NATIONALS!

What needs to be done with our Reds! (I will chime in later)
Ah, Just another MISERABLE season for any Reds fan! Nothing different this year than years past..Well, take away 1990, lol. I do like this Reds team and really think that they just need some different guidance in the front office! I would like to see the Reds go after Frank Robinson myself!
if they were a horse we would have to put them down.
FIrst thing is first. Get rid of Dunn. He is too much of a liability to that team. Only run production is through hrs and 80% of the rest is strike outs! Start at the top concern and work your way down.
Reds bull pen is terrible, the crowds are way down.I would like to see the reds get a big time pitcher!
The Private Wrote:Reds bull pen is terrible, the crowds are way down.I would like to see the reds get a big time pitcher!

That needs to be done before anything..... and not even a big time pitcher, just respetable pitchers that don't give up 8 runs a game.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:That needs to be done before anything..... and not even a big time pitcher, just respetable pitchers that don't give up 8 runs a game.

I take back what i said about Dunn first. I agree that the bullpen must be dealt with first. I don't know what I was thinking typing that Dunn should be first.

As far as the front office taking care of the bullpen, I think it has been a year and a half long project to find out what works and what doesn't. the one think thing about the situation right now is that allthe players that can contribute are on the DL and the ones that should be sent down are still getting into games and giving up a load of runs, leads, momentum you name it (Coffey, Whethers).

Going back to my first comment. Put the bullpen on the top of the "to do" list for the reds and thenh worry about the Dunn situation.
Half the bullpen is probably collecting social security checks and eating at the 4:30 early bird special by now. The only guys in the pen that can throw some gas are Burton and Salmon, the rest are all junkballers. We need some more heat!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Half the bullpen is probably collecting social security checks and eating at the 4:30 early bird special by now. The only guys in the pen that can throw some gas are Burton and Salmon, the rest are all junkballers. We need some more heat!

Do you have any new information on Majewski and Bray? the last thing I heard was that Majewski had a death in the family and Bray is still recovering. The reason I am asking is that Bray is the future of that bullpen and I think Majewski really got an unfair wrap in regards to his injury last year. By the time the Reds found out about his injury, the games lost because of it could not be taken back so I think Majewski wants to get back as soon as possible to show everyone what exactly he can do.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Do you have any new information on Majewski and Bray? the last thing I heard was that Majewski had a death in the family and Bray is still recovering. The reason I am asking is that Bray is the future of that bullpen and I think Majewski really got an unfair wrap in regards to his injury last year. By the time the Reds found out about his injury, the games lost because of it could not be taken back so I think Majewski wants to get back as soon as possible to show everyone what exactly he can do.

That is true, Majewski did have a death in the family, but he is back and pitching lights-out for Louisville. I believe he will be called up very soon.

As far as Bray, last I heard he was about to begin a rehab assignment, but he is still a few weeks away from rejoining the big club.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:That is true, Majewski did have a death in the family, but he is back and pitching lights-out for Louisville. I believe he will be called up very soon.

As far as Bray, last I heard he was about to begin a rehab assignment, but he is still a few weeks away from rejoining the big club.

That is great news about Majewski. I just hope he don't get up to the Reds and suck it up again. Best case scenario: Majewski comes back and pitches lights out the rest of the season and how ever long we have him Big Grin , we get a good player in the damaged goods report that the Reds have filed with the Nats, and we come back and win the penant!!!!:lmao:
What about Jerry Narron? His rope has to be getting
pretty short, doesn't it?
thecavemaster Wrote:What about Jerry Narron? His rope has to be getting
pretty short, doesn't it?

A couple weeks ago I would say that that would be ridiculous but after Narron decided to give full support to Coffey and his Bullpen guys I don't know if he is making decisions for the benefit of his team. I know he probably don't want to look like a bad guy but MAN I don't know how you could give a guy like Coffey and Whethers your full support. There is a time to be supportive and a time to call players out that are not doing their job.:mad:
Narron can send Encarnacion to the minors, but continues to call Coffey and Weathers out of the bullpen. Narron is a dope. Another thing, last night Loshe or gave up like 7 runs, 6 of which were earned,in 4 innings. How do you let this happen? After a 2 run first, you get your bullpen warming up. After the next run or 2 you pull him. No excuse for one pitcher to give up 7 runs in a span of 4 innnings.
BCF4L Wrote:Narron can send Encarnacion to the minors, but continues to call Coffey and Weathers out of the bullpen. Narron is a dope. Another thing, last night Loshe or gave up like 7 runs, 6 of which were earned,in 4 innings. How do you let this happen? After a 2 run first, you get your bullpen warming up. After the next run or 2 you pull him. No excuse for one pitcher to give up 7 runs in a span of 4 innnings.

Encarnarcion is back with the Reds now. And yes, Narron is a dope.

More Cowebell Wrote:That is true, Majewski did have a death in the family, but he is back and pitching lights-out for Louisville. I believe he will be called up very soon.

Gary Majewski's working on a 8 1/3 inning scoreless streak for the Bats. He's given up two hits, two walks and struck out 13 in that span per John Fay of the Enquirer...Also, David Weathers has been fine closing games - converting nine of 10 save chances with a 2.08 ERA. The 8th inning is the problem and finding a solid setup guy.
The Reds have allowed 41 runs in the eighth inning through Wednesday's loss. By comparison, they have allowed 21 in the sixth and 25 in the seventh.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...705240340/
Bray has had one rehabilitation outing for Single-A Sarasota. He threw a scoreless inning Monday, but his shoulder was tight Tuesday, so he did not pitch. It is not thought to be a major setback.

Majewski is likely to pitch today and Friday.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...705240339/
jammin' jamey Wrote:Encarnarcion is back with the Reds now. And yes, Narron is a dope.

Gary Majewski's working on a 8 1/3 inning scoreless streak for the Bats. He's given up two hits, two walks and struck out 13 in that span per John Fay of the Enquirer...Also, David Weathers has been fine closing games - converting nine of 10 save chances with a 2.08 ERA. The 8th inning is the problem and finding a solid setup guy.
The Reds have allowed 41 runs in the eighth inning through Wednesday's loss. By comparison, they have allowed 21 in the sixth and 25 in the seventh.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...705240340/

Great to hear about Majewski. Maybe by the time next year rolls around he can actually be the guy to go to in the pen. Right now I think the guy that Narron should be going with is Stanton or Sarloos ( Sorry can't remember how he spells it), instead of freakin' Coffey and Whethers.
In regard to your latest post, I take that as good news about Bray seeing that the last time I heard anything about his status he was still rehabing. It is good to see him starting his assignment and that the tightness in his should is not a major set back.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Great to hear about Majewski. Maybe by the time next year rolls around he can actually be the guy to go to in the pen. Right now I think the guy that Narron should be going with is Stanton or Sarloos ( Sorry can't remember how he spells it), instead of freakin' Coffey and Whethers.
In regard to your latest post, I take that as good news about Bray seeing that the last time I heard anything about his status he was still rehabing. It is good to see him starting his assignment and that the tightness in his should is not a major set back.

I'd say you'll see Majewski by the weekend or once the homestand ends. They may gradually work him into the 8th inning setup role, but he will get a chance to do it one way or another soon.

As for Saarloos, he's getting another start for Eric Milton.

I think Stanton will be cut soon. - JMO.

Bray will be back maybe by the end of June - JMO.
The Cincinnati Reds today recalled from Class AAA Louisville RHP Gary Majewski and optioned to Louisville RHP Todd Coffey.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/pres...p&c_id=cin

Bout time...
I went to the game last night and MAN that is one team with a boatload of problems. Seeing them live just made me sick because of all the time they shot their selves in the foot. Ross not running the bases properly, Dunn trying to go for a ball completly out of his reach (allowed a run to score), Dunn always grounding into that game ending double play this time after Connie popped a bunt up into the air for the first out in the ninth. It is just so frustrating to watch that team struggle so much.
One positive, Majewski did get to pitch out of a inning and looked ppretty good!
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:FIrst thing is first. Get rid of Dunn. He is too much of a liability to that team. Only run production is through hrs and 80% of the rest is strike outs! Start at the top concern and work your way down.
I agree 100%, I have been saying this for 2 years now. We could have got some good pitching out of him last year and could probably get some this year. Its like everytime the Reds have a chance for a big inning it always ends with a Dunn strikeout. If he doesnt strikeout he will make a costly error in the field tht kills the team.
Worst team in baseball... and it looks to me like Jerry Narron has lost the team as well...
They need to trade Griffey for a solid pitcher or Very good pitching prospect! His salary is KILLING that team to where they can't make any moves! I think with the addition of Hamilton they can afford to lose him (Griffey). With Dunn, Griffey, Freel, Hamilton..Gotta let one of them go and put Freel back in the OF where he feels comfortable! This team has talent but has no chemistry and that all comes back to the front office!
HOLY CRAP!!!!! They have actually ran off a win streak......the lowest number to create a win streak but a win streak at that!! Maybe they can make it 3 in a row tomorrow!!! Then make up all the game they have lost on stupid, boneheaded misques and horrible bullpen pitching and get back to .500. Ah who am I kidding I will just wait for Homer to get here next year!!

Just kidding I will alway support my Reds even when they are this bad(hey I supported the Bengals and they finally pull out).
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:They need to trade Griffey for a solid pitcher or Very good pitching prospect! His salary is KILLING that team to where they can't make any moves! I think with the addition of Hamilton they can afford to lose him (Griffey). With Dunn, Griffey, Freel, Hamilton..Gotta let one of them go and put Freel back in the OF where he feels comfortable! This team has talent but has no chemistry and that all comes back to the front office!

There's never been a better time. I like Griffey, his salary isn't as scary as it once was now that baseball economics have increased. He'd be a great fit for the White Sox or Red Sox. I wouldn't be surprised to see him shopped, just remember he's a 10/5 player and can veto any trade proposed by the Reds and he has a short list of teams that he will consider being traded too according to insiders.

Look for Homer to make his debut in the coming weeks, sometime in June - JMO.
jammin' jamey Wrote:There's never been a better time. I like Griffey, his salary isn't as scary as it once was now that baseball economics have increased. He'd be a great fit for the White Sox or Red Sox. I wouldn't be surprised to see him shopped, just remember he's a 10/5 player and can veto any trade proposed by the Reds and he has a short list of teams that he will consider being traded too according to insiders.

Look for Homer to make his debut in the coming weeks, sometime in June - JMO.

I may be changing the name of this thread if they keep this up for about anyother two weeks. The Reds are actually playing good baseball. The starting pitching has been good and the hitting has been good enough to get the runs needed to win. I just hope that they have already hit rock bottom and that the rest of the season will be positive.
Dream on..When the Reds hit there downfall, they usually call it the season..STATS DONT LIE!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Dream on..When the Reds hit there downfall, they usually call it the season..STATS DONT LIE!

What I said was just intended to be a joke Wink I know the Reds have as much of a chance to win the division as a fart has in a wind storm but if they can just continue to win and play good ball the season will end on a better note than it was looking like a week ago.
I mean I got to support my Reds so anything positive they give me to work with I will try to use. That does not mean that the season will be reversed or anything! Big Grin
What you said atthe end of your quote is about the truth too. Usually by the all-star break the Reds are already thinking about next season. Humm....I guess it came a lil early this year.
the Reds have won 3 in a row now.
rallo316 Wrote:the Reds have won 3 in a row now.

2 of those wins over a team that's now lost 10 straight games - the Astros. But hey, kick'em when their down uh? Go Reds.