Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Raceland Rams Football Schedule
Sad news about Mark , he will be greatly missed by all
Any pickups for the Rams this offseason?

Looking forward to seeing them this fall!
Doesnt look like any new kids coming in. Lot of work being put in by those returning though.
The Rams could start the season 1-3! If the secondary isn’t ready we could get torched in the opener and follow it up at Russell with a loss! I don’t see the Rams being the “county champs” this year!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:The Rams could start the season 1-3! If the secondary isn’t ready we could get torched in the opener and follow it up at Russell with a loss! I don’t see the Rams being the “county champs” this year!

Lewis and Cox are both good athletes at DB. I'm sure the other two spots won't be hard to fill in.

I'll tell you a JV Ram I really liked when I saw him this past year: Connor Hughes. That was on offense though. Surely the Rams won't have any issue finding two other DBs..

But, I wouldn't be shocked if Raceland lost to Russell. Greenup would surprise me big time.
I think playing Russell early plays in Racelands favor. Russell tends struggle early in the season while Raceland usually plays pretty well. It is the middle part of the season when we will see Ashland, Pikeville, and Portsmouth West that I think we would struggle most.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I think playing Russell early plays in Racelands favor. Russell tends struggle early in the season while Raceland usually plays pretty well. It is the middle part of the season when we will see Ashland, Pikeville, and Portsmouth West that I think we would struggle most.

Like we need help beating Russell bahahahahah!! To soon isn’t it?? Ok ok ill stop
My biggest concern is this. Our first handful of games, SHOULD be solid and atleast 3TD wins, imo. Rowan should be a running a clock. Ashland, Pikeville, and Portsmouth West will be tough. I worry about this team buying into unwarranted hype early on.
The Running back spot is still a big question mark from me outside of Pennington. Heighton will make plays with his legs, but someone is goina have to step up. If Heighton is throwing the ball 20+ times and rushing 15+ times, we will struggle against better teams.
Offensive Line play and Linebackers will be tested early. Should have several new starters . I think 4 new linemen and 3 new Linebackers. Some current Freshman and Sophmores will have to step up and fill key roles.
Raceland is Raceland. They play hard and are unusually very physical for spread team. They are not a team I would wanna see in November.
Theres alot of significant holes to fill this year though. This is the first time in almost a decade that we will not return a 500 yard or so rusher from the previous year. All of our RB production from last year is gone. We usually have a 2 year kid at Center or atleast a starting OL that converts to center, that wont be the case this year. We usually have atleast 2 multi year kids in the secondary, that wont be the case. The Soph class coming in doesnt have a bunch of numbers like we have consistently had. Theres just alot if question Mark's. I do think that what we return at QB and WR will be as good as any group in 1A next year and our return game should be pretty electric and I think our defensive special teams will be better as well. In a run heavy system, not having experience at the RB position makes me nervous. I trust Heighton as at QB, he should have a big year. But RB, LB, and upfront on both sides of the ball are big question Mark's. The return of Landon Mauk from a preseason injury last year will be huge as well.
I agree up front will be key. The Freshman class this year was only about 11 kids or so. However they may have been the biggest group of Fresman lineman around. They all are 6'1 250 or bigger. The secondary should be good everyone returns except Adkins. Hopefully a couple freshman step up and and Mauk returning may help fill all those key spots.
Key with those big lineman is development. Would love to see that group come into camp around the 235/240 mark with lighter feet. I agree that Mauk can be a big help in replacing what was lost, atleast at DE/LB and Center. Very strong kid and atheletic for his size. Gunner and Ethan have to step up and be leaders this year offensively as well.
I know one of those young lineman plays baseball so maybe he will be a little lighter. Not sure Mauk will play both ways especially LB and OL thats asking alot after a year away. from the game. I could see Shore moving back to Tackle and play both ways.
I just hope my poor little Rams find a way to field a team.They are so little and the numbers are so down that we might not even be playing football in two years !!! Hehehe
I know some act like we lost so much we may only win 3 or 4 games. I just said some young guys have to step up. Thats the case every year and like any other year they will and they wil win 9 or 10 games.
Ramfan02 Wrote:I know one of those young lineman plays baseball so maybe he will be a little lighter. Not sure Mauk will play both ways especially LB and OL thats asking alot after a year away. from the game. I could see Shore moving back to Tackle and play both ways.

Some upper classmen are goina have to play both ways, maybe not start both ways, bc we have almost completely stopped that, especially upfront, but o think we will see it far more often this season, just due to what we are losing.
Ramfan02 Wrote:I know some act like we lost so much we may only win 3 or 4 games. I just said some young guys have to step up. Thats the case every year and like any other year they will and they wil win 9 or 10 games.

I dont think that is the case at all. I think we will win the district and compete for a region title. But I dont think we will win 9 or 10 regular season games. I'm generally one of the more level headed ram fans on here. I think we will go 6-4/7-3 in the regular season.
I was counting playoffs. I think 7-3 regular season wins sounds right.