Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions on Magoffin's Team Next Season
The Magoffin Co lady hornets lost the big 3 due to graduation but are back in action with about 15 or more games this summer . But i was just curious about how you all thought they would be next year?
i think they will finish 2nd to Central in the district maybe will give them a run for there money come tourney time.ball handling will be there achilles heel this year, but a couple are going to a ball handling camp so who knows ?
Magoffin will struggle compared to years past IMO. The lose all their shooting for the most part, their strong defence will lack, ball handling will be something that will stay from previous seasons and their inside game will also lack. They could possibly make it out of the district considering the district will fall back to one of the sub par districts just like it was in around 2000. There will be one front runner JCHS unlike this year where you and JCHS, Paintsville and Magoffin all battling hard to make it through. Good luck to pup and his girls next season. The will struggle early on but will make a late push in the post season.
i think they will be a good team once again! but they woun't be the team they have been! but good luck to all their returning players!
i belive they will do good this coming season you get to see what pup can do as a coach after losing 3 major players but you have to think you have ashley hall coming back and Adams and other players who seen significant playing time
I think they will be o.k.
I heard from one of JC's players that they will be playing Magoffin in a summer camp @ Hazard on Tuesday. This should give us an early glimps of the two teams.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:I think they will be o.k.
yeah me to Magoffin Co. always good.
yes they lost three very talented girls, But they still have alot of talent left on the team.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:yes they lost three very talented girls, But they still have alot of talent left on the team.

I agree they'll be just fine next season.
They will be mediocre at best. Its hard to do anything after u lose the caliber of talent magoffin lost. The only bright spot I see is Ashley Hall, the rest of the team is going to be a dim light. Johnson Central should win the district pretty easily this year, with maybe Paintsville or Sheldon Clark 2nd. Magoffin will be lucky to be the 4th best team in the district.
[quote=SportsFan80]They will be mediocre at best. Its hard to do anything after u lose the caliber of talent magoffin lost. The only bright spot I see is Ashley Hall, the rest of the team is going to be a dim light. Johnson Central should win the district pretty easily this year, with maybe Paintsville or Sheldon Clark 2nd. Magoffin will be lucky to be the 4th best team in the district.[/quot

I think they will be fine and do better than alot of people think they will do, Yes they lost the 3 seniors but they will still be a good team, just like Pike Central lost Haley Ratliff and Valley lost Fleming but they both will still have strong teams this year, I wouldn't count any of the 3 out just yet.IMO GOOD LUCK TO ALL 3 TEAMS
SportsFan80 Wrote:They will be mediocre at best. Its hard to do anything after u lose the caliber of talent magoffin lost. The only bright spot I see is Ashley Hall, the rest of the team is going to be a dim light. Johnson Central should win the district pretty easily this year, with maybe Paintsville or Sheldon Clark 2nd. Magoffin will be lucky to be the 4th best team in the district.
I completely agree!
Look for Magoffin to win the district!
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:[quote=SportsFan80]They will be mediocre at best. Its hard to do anything after u lose the caliber of talent magoffin lost. The only bright spot I see is Ashley Hall, the rest of the team is going to be a dim light. Johnson Central should win the district pretty easily this year, with maybe Paintsville or Sheldon Clark 2nd. Magoffin will be lucky to be the 4th best team in the district.[/quot

I think they will be fine and do better than alot of people think they will do, Yes they lost the 3 seniors but they will still be a good team, just like Pike Central lost Haley Ratliff and Valley lost Fleming but they both will still have strong teams this year, I wouldn't count any of the 3 out just yet.IMO GOOD LUCK TO ALL 3 TEAMS

Here is the diffrence between Valley/Pike Central and Magoffin this coming season. PC and Valley both have stars coming back from their season last year not to mention both benches were stacked especially Pike Central's. So with that said the loss of Haley for PC will hurt them but they did play nearly a half of the season with out the star guard. With Valley Fleming will b more of a loss then what Haley was at PC. Fleming molded Valley together but with Cantrell and company they will gel just fine.

Now for Magoffin in my eyes. In the past two season MC has lost the bulk of their talent down low and now at the guard positions. This past seasons loss with the 3 girls will play more signiffigance due to the fact the team was built to flow threw them. They lost nearly 80% of their scoring since the 05-06 season and has lost their key ball handlers. Their defence which was ran by Mann will now be sub par.

With all this said PC and Valley can looked to be region finalist while Magoffin will prob make it to region as a two seed and lose first round. But thats just my predictions hopefully it will turn out diffrently for the previous Soaring Hornets and Pup
The Private Wrote:Look for Magoffin to win the district!
:eek:
The Private Wrote:Look for Magoffin to win the district!

Now that is comedy, I don't care who you are.:Clap:
everyone has been saying that jc is going to be by far better than magoffin this year but i heard from someone today that johnson central only beat magoffin by 3 or 4 pts in the summer game at hazard and that was without megan powers and i believe breanna marshall so i believe this is going to be an interesting year ...cant wait to see what will come of the lady hornets this year
gotgame? Wrote:everyone has been saying that jc is going to be by far better than magoffin this year but i heard from someone today that johnson central only beat magoffin by 3 or 4 pts in the summer game at hazard and that was without megan powers and i believe breanna marshall so i believe this is going to be an interesting year ...cant wait to see what will come of the lady hornets this year

JC will be a contender for the regional title if the Coach's niece plays this year, she didn't play last year and is arguably one of the top 3 players in the region. Without her, JC is not the same team and the district is wide open, IMO.
I heard Wireman's niece isn't playing. Don't know for sure but she hasn't been with them this summer. I guess time will tell. I do think though even without her they are one of the top 3 teams in the region.
gotgame? Wrote:everyone has been saying that jc is going to be by far better than magoffin this year but i heard from someone today that johnson central only beat magoffin by 3 or 4 pts in the summer game at hazard and that was without megan powers and i believe breanna marshall so i believe this is going to be an interesting year ...cant wait to see what will come of the lady hornets this year

Alot of things can happen during summer. All players aren't present, worried about other things like as soon as they get home they're going to a friends house, or to swim. Summer league is NOT really that close to what the regular season is. As said in a earlier post, Magoffin will be around 4th best in district. JC will take the District Championship as long as no injuries occur or no one quits.
cards_athlete Wrote:Alot of things can happen during summer. All players aren't present, worried about other things like as soon as they get home they're going to a friends house, or to swim. Summer league is NOT really that close to what the regular season is. As said in a earlier post, Magoffin will be around 4th best in district. JC will take the District Championship as long as no injuries occur or no one quits.

This is hilarious, that you would pick them 4th at best. What teams do you pick to be 2nd and 3rd?
Sheldon Clark lost their best palyer in Sumpter.
Lawrence county lost their best player in Frazier.
Paintsville lost the 15th region player of the year.
So who is going to knock them out of the 2 or 3 position?
Magoffin may have lost the 3 guards. But the 1-7 players for them this year are all over 5'7", with the 4 and the 5 position both over 6' tall. They may not run and gun like they have in the past, but they will pose match up problems for every team they play this year.
I dont see how magoffin co could be the 4th team in the region especially when the just lost by four without two of their players and played a 7th and a 8th grader some down low by the time the season starts i think people should be looking out for this team
cards_athlete Wrote:Alot of things can happen during summer. All players aren't present, worried about other things like as soon as they get home they're going to a friends house, or to swim. Summer league is NOT really that close to what the regular season is. As said in a earlier post, Magoffin will be around 4th best in district. JC will take the District Championship as long as no injuries occur or no one quits.
do you actually think that sheldon clark will beat them ?
Johnson Central will take the district, nuff said.
Will be better than what people think.
OffTheHook Wrote:Will be better than what people think.

I agree that they will be a lot better than people think. They are a tall and atletic bunch of ball players.
The Fan Wrote:do you actually think that sheldon clark will beat them ?
Yes.
cards_athlete Wrote:Yes.

I think you all in Martin County will be disappointed this year; just like you have been the previous 6 years.
Last year you all were on here talking about how good Sheldon Clark was going to be. But again, you didnt make it out of the District. So don't set yourself up for failure like you did last year.
Your in a 5 team district and at best your a 4 or 5 seed.
cards_athlete Wrote:Yes.

One more point: Get a coach first, before you start beating teams in the off season.