Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville GameStop
Everyone heard about the new GameStop in Pikeville beside Wal-mart? i went in it today, pretty sweet. we needed one.
I was going to put in an application there but no was ever around when my friend went to take them in.

The major thing i am wondering is...Will it put Page 3 out of business?
I don't know if they can survive just on their comic book sales.
Other than that I am really happy to see the gamestop in Pikeville.
Yes, this will be the death and demise of Page 3.

Which is probably a good thing since they overcharge like crazy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yes, this will be the death and demise of Page 3.

Yeah but I think it is sad to see a good successful business die after like 10 years of service.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Yeah but I think it is sad to see a good successful business die after like 10 years of service.

i may be wrong, but i think Page 3 has been here quite a bit longer than 10 years.

Plus the prices on their used games is ridiculous..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Page 3 has been around for at least 10 years. I remember going when they were in downtown, not where they used to be, but on the corner across from the News Express.

Some of their used DVDs are alright, but most everything in their is too overpriced. If anything Game Stop will bring in competition to get them to lower prices.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
crazytaxidriver Wrote:i may be wrong, but i think Page 3 has been here quite a bit longer than 10 years.

Plus the prices on their used games is ridiculous..

I was not really sure on the amount of years it has been open but I remember going down there for at least 10 years. Could be more. Best memory is goignt down there after the store HEROES closed down for good. I had to go somewhere to get my baseball cards Big Grin
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yes, this will be the death and demise of Page 3.

sheww i know. when ud try and seel things theyd give u $2 for a brand new PS2 game
I've sold DVDs there before and they give you, at most, $5 for them and then turn around and sell them for double.

But hey, they have to make profit somehow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Didnt even know there was a gamestop in Pikeville, so it looks like I will be making a trop to Pikeville, lol.
My older brother went there tonight and bought a Wii for my older older brother. He said that it is the biggest Gamestop he has ever been in. I don't know if this is true but he said "Twice the size of the ones in Lexington." Anyone else been in there?
I go to the one in Ashland a lot Gamestop/Ebgames has a nice selection of games.
I am glad that Pikeville is getting chain businesses to come in. Hopefully with the new road toward Belfry opening up we may have a mall or something like that pretty soon! Has anyone heard anything about stores or businesses coming to Pikeville/Eastern Ky?
Pikeville will not see an "actual" mall for a long time. I say actual in the sense that Williamson has a "mall" but it's pretty pathetic. I'm talking about a mall you can relate to Huntington or Lexington, even Ashland.

There's not enough traffic going through Pikeville, on a major highway. Plus, it's not exactly convenient to get to.....(mountain parkway is not as convenient as I75 or 64)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I start work there Monday...
cig107 Wrote:I start work there Monday...

If you work for a video game store you can sign up for the rls(retailer loyalty site) and get into sony's beta's when they have one. You must be a member of playstation underground though. The site is rls.us.playstation.com.
I was also trying to get a job here.
Does anyone know the phone number down there?
Don't call them...that is the worst thing you can do when you are trying to get a job. Just drop in and ask them for an application, you know me don't you, I might be working that day..
cig107 Wrote:Don't call them...that is the worst thing you can do when you are trying to get a job. Just drop in and ask them for an application, you know me don't you, I might be working that day..

No I was just going to sell them some games and stuff.... just wanted to know the number so I could get an estament on how much moeny I could make just to see if it is worth the trip down there. But ill be sure to stop in there and ask for an application.
I didn't think they bought games...
cig107 Wrote:I didn't think they bought games...

Yea you can trade games and stuff for store credit and cash!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Page 3 has been around for at least 10 years. I remember going when they were in downtown, not where they used to be, but on the corner across from the News Express.

Some of their used DVDs are alright, but most everything in their is too overpriced. If anything Game Stop will bring in competition to get them to lower prices.

i went to page 3 the other day and they will match gamestop's price
the manager at game stop sucks i wouldnt go there
Grand Slam Wrote:i went to page 3 the other day and they will match gamestop's price
the manager at game stop sucks i wouldnt go there
HAHA yea rite if i didnt live bike distance from page 3 and wasnt so lazy i could keep pedaling to gamestop i would. I paid 8 bucks for GTA3 at Page 3 and My friends said he saw a pack of GTA3 and Vice City at Gamestop for 5 dollars.
I had a really weird dream last night.... I was in gamestop (can't remember if it was our's) and I was just walking around the store and they started throwing out free games lol! I ended up getting Final Fantasy III for super Nintendo! ROCK ON lol!
How cool would that be!
Gamestop is great I pretty much live there now its like my 2nd home haha. They are still having trouble considering they are getting shipments by the butt load of games and when I have been in there the same two ppl have been working and they just dont have the bodies to stock games, plus take care of all the sells that are going on. I really feel sorry for them it seems to be hard. Was talking to one guy and he said he had already wrote down for 50 hrs for the next week and I was in there on a wed.
I wonder if they will ever get any more game demo stations other than XBOX 360. I would really like to see the Wii being tested by people when I go in. That would be hilarious to walk through the door and see people swating at air and then find out they are playing Wii. It would just make me feel so pumped to look at video games LOL.