Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SV Football
Can someone fill me in as far as expectations go for Valley next year. I have not really checked the high school boards in a while and I was wondering why I am reading alot of stuff about Valley.
Thanks!!
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Can someone fill me in as far as expectations go for Valley next year. I have not really checked the high school boards in a while and I was wondering why I am reading alot of stuff about Valley.
Thanks!!

you read a lot about them because they like to talk about themselves.....
gridironguru Wrote:you read a lot about them because they like to talk about themselves.....

Yeah I know about that but I was just wondering about the expectations for the team next year? Are they expected to make noise?
I think they are gonna have a pretty solid team. Nothing spectacular, but they will compete, and will win one or two they aren't expected to.
they will be alright next year
They should be good
What classes are SV running backs Brock Kinney and Cody Mitchell in? I thought both ran the ball well last season along with Joanh Justice.
Brock and Jonah are Seniors this year and Cody will be a Junior.
They will win about 7 or 8 games this year.
i doubt that more like 5-6 games.
warriorpride Wrote:i doubt that more like 5-6 games.

Your BLEEPING crazy!!!!
Ok than, how many games did they win last year...five? and this year they got a tougher schedule. Pike Central will be a toss up but I see PCC coming with the win. Knott Central should be a win but you never know... Belfry...LOSS. Bath Co, SV will have a tough time with this one, I dont know much about Bath Co but im tipping my hand toward SV. Knox Central will pound them. All I got to say is come Oct. 5 they better come parpared when Me and my Warriors come to Shelby Valley. Appalachia, Va I dont know much about them either so it might be a toss up. Morgan Co should be a win. P- Burg...LOSS. Breathitt Co..They will lose that as well. so your looking at going 4-6, 5-5 or maybe 6-4 at the best.
In my honest opinion SV will win between 4-6 games. That is reality talking here folks.
I heard that Coach Mance and them Richlands boy's came down and spanked Saunders and his cats in a 7 on 7 the other day....
Who cares it is 7 on 7 which means... well nothing.
gridironguru Wrote:I heard that Coach Mance and them Richlands boy's came down and spanked Saunders and his cats in a 7 on 7 the other day....

Richlands also won their past 2 state championships, I bet they'd come in and give Trinity a run for their money. You're talking Virginia football with Richlands, not WV football, Richlands is the real deal.
with a weak non-district schedule i see them going with a six and four season.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Richlands also won their past 2 state championships, I bet they'd come in and give Trinity a run for their money. You're talking Virginia football with Richlands, not WV football, Richlands is the real deal.

They won state last year and where runners up the year before and will probally be there this coming year knocking on the door.....there tough and Mance runs a helluva program..if any bodys interested there having a 7-7 tourney at Richlands the week of the 4th....
kysportsguru Wrote:Your BLEEPING crazy!!!!

Sounds pretty sane to me...

They will not beat Breathitt, Belfry, or P-Burg, and from what I understand Appalachia is the real deal too. That's 4 losses. They should beat Knott and Morgan, and have a decent chance to beat Pike Central, East Ridge, Bath, and maybe Knox Central. So I see as many as 6 wins, and as few as 2. I will predict a 5-5 season for the Cats.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My guess is 5-5. Losses to Belfry,Breathitt,P-burg,Appalachia,Va and Knox County. SV will benefit in playing in one the weakest districts in 2a ( If not the state). Even with a 5-5 record Valley should finish runner-up to P-burg in district therefore hosting a home playoff game.
WOW! A home playoff game you say. That is few and far between at SV.
bigpun Wrote:WOW! A home playoff game you say. That is few and far between at SV.
Only because of a weak district. I know how bad you want this pun. youve been dreaming of a home playoff game at Johnson Brothers stadium for so long.LOL!
I really dont understand where you people are coming from saying shelby valley is goin to be awful and lose to pike central and east ridge. Valley lost 3 players that really contributed both ways. They return their three top running backs 3 starting lineman another that say considerable amounts of action. We had a player transfer in from tennessee during the season last year by the name of Chris Adkins who will go along side Lucas Simpkins and form by far the best recieving tandem in pike county, they get back the Quarterback who is fully recovered and plus the have other atheletes from within the school coming out to play. Valley may not have a good football tradition but they will have the best season the have had since 1999 when they were 9-2 and district runner-up. They will not lose to pike central in the pcb and will not lose to east ridge especially on the own field i predict they will finish will a record well above the 500 mark and win the district title and lay a foundation to build a good tradition at Valley after all they started out 4-1 last year and the had some devastating injuries to many key components.
Lombardi Wrote:I really dont understand where you people are coming from saying shelby valley is goin to be awful and lose to pike central and east ridge.

well for one they barley beat PC and ER last year.
More Cowbell Wrote:Sounds pretty sane to me...

They will not beat Breathitt, Belfry, or P-Burg, and from what I understand Appalachia is the real deal too. That's 4 losses. They should beat Knott and Morgan, and have a decent chance to beat Pike Central, East Ridge, Bath, and maybe Knox Central. So I see as many as 6 wins, and as few as 2. I will predict a 5-5 season for the Cats.

I'll just go ahead and tell you that Appy, Va. is not the real deal. Norton, VA. AKA John. I. Burton Beat APPY by 40+ pts. last season. Also SV scrimmages the norton team on AUG. 10 at Valley. Norton has been the state runner-up the last four seasons in VA,
Lombardi Wrote:I really dont understand where you people are coming from saying shelby valley is goin to be awful and lose to pike central and east ridge. Valley lost 3 players that really contributed both ways. They return their three top running backs 3 starting lineman another that say considerable amounts of action. We had a player transfer in from tennessee during the season last year by the name of Chris Adkins who will go along side Lucas Simpkins and form by far the best recieving tandem in pike county, they get back the Quarterback who is fully recovered and plus the have other atheletes from within the school coming out to play. Valley may not have a good football tradition but they will have the best season the have had since 1999 when they were 9-2 and district runner-up. They will not lose to pike central in the pcb and will not lose to east ridge especially on the own field i predict they will finish will a record well above the 500 mark and win the district title and lay a foundation to build a good tradition at Valley after all they started out 4-1 last year and the had some devastating injuries to many key components.

wow that about made me tear up...from laughing so much...I am happy to see that you have an optimistic view which will quickly turn out to be as equally devastating to you as to when Kiser quit playing ball at Valley...Here are the facts...Valley is a sub par team just like Pike Central and East Ridge not one of them can compete on the same level as P-Burg or Belfry year in or year out. Valley has some talented kids but saying that they have the most talented wide outs in the mountains is a little far fetched. For one you have Breathitt Co. who we all know year in and year out gives us some of the best Wide Recievers in the state for the previous 2 A in the four a system. As well Leslie Co. by far has better WRs than Valley as well. To add to this its not like it would really matter even if they did considering their Offence is based around a smash mouth running game that is quickly clogged up by any mediocre defencive line. Their line does not even compare to what P-Burg, Belfry or Sheldon Clark produces so how can you even make the argument that they could win a district title even with all these teams split up. They have a weak non-district schedule which is not going to help them any come time to play the district power houses. They may get the third seed in their district and if so the Valley clan will be rejoicing and rubbing it in the worlds face. I will tell you this now if Valley by some way wins their district we can get everyone on Bgr together and I will run 3 miles butt naked in mid December. Be realistic because optimisim will shove a boot up your glory hole.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I will tell you this now if Valley by some way wins their district we can get everyone on Bgr together and I will run 3 miles butt naked in mid December.

If this happens ill do the same thing.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:wow that about made me tear up...from laughing so much...I am happy to see that you have an optimistic view which will quickly turn out to be as equally devastating to you as to when Kiser quit playing ball at Valley...Here are the facts...Valley is a sub par team just like Pike Central and East Ridge not one of them can compete on the same level as P-Burg or Belfry year in or year out. Valley has some talented kids but saying that they have the most talented wide outs in the mountains is a little far fetched. For one you have Breathitt Co. who we all know year in and year out gives us some of the best Wide Recievers in the state for the previous 2 A in the four a system. As well Leslie Co. by far has better WRs than Valley as well. To add to this its not like it would really matter even if they did considering their Offence is based around a smash mouth running game that is quickly clogged up by any mediocre defencive line. Their line does not even compare to what P-Burg, Belfry or Sheldon Clark produces so how can you even make the argument that they could win a district title even with all these teams split up. They have a weak non-district schedule which is not going to help them any come time to play the district power houses. They may get the third seed in their district and if so the Valley clan will be rejoicing and rubbing it in the worlds face. I will tell you this now if Valley by some way wins their district we can get everyone on Bgr together and I will run 3 miles butt naked in mid December. Be realistic because optimisim will shove a boot up your glory hole.

Learn to read. he said the best WR's in Pike County.
Lombardi Wrote:I really dont understand where you people are coming from saying shelby valley is goin to be awful and lose to pike central and east ridge. Valley lost 3 players that really contributed both ways. They return their three top running backs 3 starting lineman another that say considerable amounts of action. We had a player transfer in from tennessee during the season last year by the name of Chris Adkins who will go along side Lucas Simpkins and form by far the best recieving tandem in pike county, they get back the Quarterback who is fully recovered and plus the have other atheletes from within the school coming out to play. Valley may not have a good football tradition but they will have the best season the have had since 1999 when they were 9-2 and district runner-up. They will not lose to pike central in the pcb and will not lose to east ridge especially on the own field i predict they will finish will a record well above the 500 mark and win the district title and lay a foundation to build a good tradition at Valley after all they started out 4-1 last year and the had some devastating injuries to many key components.
Valley wont beat P-Burg. I do believe theyll have theyre first home playoff game since '99 and only the second ever so thats a step in the right direction.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:wow that about made me tear up...from laughing so much...I am happy to see that you have an optimistic view which will quickly turn out to be as equally devastating to you as to when Kiser quit playing ball at Valley...Here are the facts...Valley is a sub par team just like Pike Central and East Ridge not one of them can compete on the same level as P-Burg or Belfry year in or year out. Valley has some talented kids but saying that they have the most talented wide outs in the mountains is a little far fetched. For one you have Breathitt Co. who we all know year in and year out gives us some of the best Wide Recievers in the state for the previous 2 A in the four a system. As well Leslie Co. by far has better WRs than Valley as well. To add to this its not like it would really matter even if they did considering their Offence is based around a smash mouth running game that is quickly clogged up by any mediocre defencive line. Their line does not even compare to what P-Burg, Belfry or Sheldon Clark produces so how can you even make the argument that they could win a district title even with all these teams split up. They have a weak non-district schedule which is not going to help them any come time to play the district power houses. They may get the third seed in their district and if so the Valley clan will be rejoicing and rubbing it in the worlds face. I will tell you this now if Valley by some way wins their district we can get everyone on Bgr together and I will run 3 miles butt naked in mid December. Be realistic because optimisim will shove a boot up your glory hole.

Look, I'm not a Valley homer who thinks they're going to tear the world up this year. I see them finishing either 2nd or 3rd in district, depending on if they beat Bath County. However, I don't see how you can say they have a weak non-district schedule. Look at the list:
- Belfry
- Breathitt
- Knox Cent.
- Appalachia
- Pike Cent.
- East Ridge
- Knott Cent.

The top 4 teams are very solid, with Belfry and Breathitt being perennial powerhouses. Of the 3 weaker opponents, I think most would agree with Valley keeping games with PC and ER in order to preserve the county rivalries. So that leaves Knott as really the only weak team that they could've left off the schedule in favor of somebody stronger. In my opinion, the coaches actually scheduled a little too aggressively.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]