•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2019 Football Schedule
BellCo18 Wrote:Folks keep complaining about Bell Co's schedule. Corbin plays all these All American teams and still can't win State. 😂😂😂

Confusednicker:
BellCo18 Wrote:What YEAR was the last time Corbin won a State Title? I'm pretty sure Bell has won 2 since your last one. 😂😂

:biggrin:
Won’t be long till they win another one. Bell and Whitley aren’t even in contention and never will be.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Won’t be long till they win another one. Bell and Whitley aren’t even in contention and never will be.

It will be a very long time if ever. Since 1982 Whitley County has the same amount as Corbin minus all the players Corbin recruited. Bell County has two.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Won’t be long till they win another one. Bell and Whitley aren’t even in contention and never will be.

It's been almost 40 years and you still strut like a rooster and try to bash the county when that's where all your good players come from. Comical.
We are going to have a great year this year coming. People are going to hate on Bell because Bell has been an outstanding program when Dudley is here. That won’t change. No one is ever hating on bad football programs.
pjdoug Wrote:It's been almost 40 years and you still strut like a rooster and try to bash the county when that's where all your good players come from. Comical.

Make no mistake, I don’t bash the county. I bash the people in charge at the county, but I wish the county well. I’d love it if Corbin and Whitley won their respective classes every year. I don’t have to bash Whitley to support Corbin. The fact that Corbin is the more relevant program isn’t up for debate though. Hope Irwin does a good job for you all.
I wish all mountain teams good luck, but it’s not Dudley that got them to 11-2. It’s the players and their hardwork and talent. Plus, the transfer from Tennessee helped a little. 🤔 ArJay, you know you could have coached them to those wins and the loses to Corbin.
Losses. Not loses.
four quarters Wrote:I wish all mountain teams good luck, but it’s not Dudley that got them to 11-2. It’s the players and their hardwork and talent. Plus, the transfer from Tennessee helped a little. 🤔 ArJay, you know you could have coached them to those wins and the loses to Corbin.
The same can be said about Corbin.
pjdoug Wrote:The same can be said about Corbin.

Look back to Jewell's last year, goes 9-3 finishes third in district and loses to a very down Bell team 7-0. The next year Haddix takes over, 11-2, wins district, and arguably makes a run at state if a ball doesn't deflect off of a Central's player foot. Haddix turned the program around.
four quarters Wrote:I wish all mountain teams good luck, but it’s not Dudley that got them to 11-2. It’s the players and their hardwork and talent. Plus, the transfer from Tennessee helped a little. 🤔 ArJay, you know you could have coached them to those wins and the loses to Corbin.

I disagree with this. Bell was so bad 2 years ago and not looking to get better. We were on the verge of having players transfer and the program falling completely apart. Coach Hilton came in and saved the program, got boys back to work, and is doing an awesome job.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Look back to Jewell's last year, goes 9-3 finishes third in district and loses to a very down Bell team 7-0. The next year Haddix takes over, 11-2, wins district, and arguably makes a run at state if a ball doesn't deflect off of a Central's player foot. Haddix turned the program around.
I was referring to players, talent and transfers. You're obsessed with bashing Dudley and pumping Haddix up. Like him or not.there is no better coach than Hilton.
pjdoug Wrote:I was referring to players, talent and transfers. You're obsessed with bashing Dudley and pumping Haddix up. Like him or not.there is no better coach than Hilton.

You could've made the argument of that about 10-20 years ago, right now it's not close. Dudley can stand on his own accomplishments and be fine, but right now he his past his prime and he's coasting off winning seasons off of weak schedules. As long as Bell is fine with that it doesn't matter. Haddix may not have won the big one yet, but he's still beating top tier programs in the state and competing for state championships at a young age.
What Haddix has done is very impressive. No doubt. But what no reason to act like Coach Hilton can’t coach anymore. That’s craxy jealousy. Haddix was very smart to hire a bunch of guys that learned under Coach Hilton. It’s helped him have a lot of success.
ArJay Wrote:What Haddix has done is very impressive. No doubt. But what no reason to act like Coach Hilton can’t coach anymore. That’s craxy jealousy. Haddix was very smart to hire a bunch of guys that learned under Coach Hilton. It’s helped him have a lot of success.

Hilton can coach, but he's not won a big game in awhile now. If he wins a big game this year I'll eat crow. But until then, he's got to win a bigger game, or a game that can be seen as a toss up.
We have not gotten the recruiting process back like we had it YET. Haddix and Corbin has it figured out right now with the youth program and middle school. Funny how talent makes coaches great.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:You could've made the argument of that about 10-20 years ago, right now it's not close. Dudley can stand on his own accomplishments and be fine, but right now he his past his prime and he's coasting off winning seasons off of weak schedules. As long as Bell is fine with that it doesn't matter. Haddix may not have won the big one yet, but he's still beating top tier programs in the state and competing for state championships at a young age.
Dudley is one of the best ever in total wins. He has 3 championships. Haddix has zero. Bell County was way down and Dudley is rebuilding and taking them back to the top.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Hilton can coach, but he's not won a big game in awhile now. If he wins a big game this year I'll eat crow. But until then, he's got to win a bigger game, or a game that can be seen as a toss up.

What's his record in state championship games?
pjdoug Wrote:What's his record in state championship games?

PJ I’m trying to have intelligent foltball conversation the Whitley county thread is on down
FootballFan1999 Wrote:PJ I’m trying to have intelligent foltball conversation the Whitley county thread is on down

I haven't seen you say anything intelligent.
pjdoug Wrote:Dudley is one of the best ever in total wins. He has 3 championships. Haddix has zero. Bell County was way down and Dudley is rebuilding and taking them back to the top.

I usually homer here but I’ll try and be serious for once... Nobody can deny the coaching acumen of Dudley Hilton he’s is a true high school football HOF coach, yuck that tasted awful. That being said trying to compare him to Justin Haddix is really unfair to both of them because of the time difference each has in coaching. Demographics were different in Bell Co. back when Dudley was in his prime. Haddix simply doesn’t have the time coaching that Dudley does and saying things about state championships when judging his coaching ability just show’s more butt hurt against Corbin that it actually shows his coaching ability. Will Dudley be able to rebuild Bell Co and compete at a high level I wouldn’t bet against him but I also wouldn’t be silly enough to say Haddix won’t ever win one and keep on competing for them especially since he’s done nothing but win at a high level since he’s been at Corbin. I do look forward to seeing how all the recent hires in the area will turn out in the next few years French at Middlesboro, Frazier at Pikeville, and Irwin at Whitley from what I know each one of them are quality guys and hopefully they can turn those programs around...
pjdoug Wrote:I haven't seen you say anything intelligent.

That’s because you’ve seen bad football so long you don’t know what good football looks like.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:That’s because you’ve seen bad football so long you don’t know what good football looks like.

I know what Bell County and Corbin look like in Championship games. Dudley wins when he is in one.
pjdoug Wrote:I know what Bell County and Corbin look like in Championship games. Dudley wins when he is in one.

What about what bell and Corbin look like when they play each other.. or Whitley and Corbin
FootballFan1999 Wrote:What about what bell and Corbin look like when they play each other.. or Whitley and Corbin

When Whitley plays against Corbin they play against themselves.
pjdoug Wrote:When Whitley plays against Corbin they play against themselves.

Whitley’s stole 2 coaches a former player and a current player from corbin this year.. the recruiting trail is hot on 350 Blvd.
pjdoug Wrote:When Whitley plays against Corbin they play against themselves.

Confusednicker: your such a goober...
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Whitley’s stole 2 coaches a former player and a current player from corbin this year.. the recruiting trail is hot on 350 Blvd.

Corbin steals players from Whitley for a century then Whitley steals a fired Corbin coach. Laughing uncontrollably. lol
single shot Wrote:Confusednicker: your such a goober...

Let's get some activity in here. lol.seriously look at this region now. Almost every single school has a quality coach
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next