• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region POTY and COTY candidates?
What does everyone think?

Players
1. Tyler Boggs- Letcher
2. Khalil Slone- Knott
3. Noah Back- Perry

Coaches
1. John Noble- Breathitt (hands down way above everyone else this year)
2. Al Holland- Hazard
3. Winston Lee- Letcher
POY:
Noah Back (Perry Central)

COY:
BB King (Knott County)

1st Team All-Region
G - Noah Back (Perry Central) 19.9 ppg
G - Wade Pelfrey (Hazard) 16.8 ppg
G - Kobe Bowling (Buckhorn) 22.5 ppg, 12.7 rpg
F - Gregory Kincer (Letcher) 14.6 ppg
F - Noah Caudill (Perry) 13.2 ppg, 11.0 rpg

2nd Team All-Region
G - Jalen Taulee (Breathitt) 15.4 ppg
G - Colby Napier (Knott) 13.8 ppg
G - Jazz Johnson (Wolfe) 23.4 ppg
F - Khalil Slone (Knott) 13.6 ppg
F - Logan Hall (Hall) 13.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg

3rd Team All-Region
G - Joe Benton (Estill) 17 ppg
G - Kyle Fraley (Breathitt) 16.4 ppg
G - Andrew Noe (Owsley) 16.2 ppg
F - Tyler Boggs (Letcher) 12.8 ppg
F - Josh McGuire (Knott) 10.2 ppg

Honorable mention
Sawyer Thompson (Wolfe)
Reece Fletcher (Hazard)
Trenton Day (Leslie)
POY- I will take Noah Back.
Coach of the Year is a tuff one. John Noble, Big Al, Hoskins, and BB all have had good seasons.
They vote on this AFTER district tournament, right?
As it stands, I think Noah Back for player of the year and John Noble for coach of the year.

If they vote after district and Letcher pulls an upset, I would give the nod to Winston Lee.
Back POY
Holland COY
Buckhorn has 3 winnable games left, if they get 20. Corey Hoskins has to be in the mix for COY.
Jalen taulbee does more for his team than anyone in the region in my opinion. He doesn’t stand out like other players but, he always plays big in big games. He leads Breathitt in rebounding, assist, steals, and is a 15+ point guy every night who can go for 25. Scoring isn’t everything, Back is a great shooter but he struggles defensively and doesn’t make other people better as much as Taulbee.

Coach of the year is still up in the air. Big Al has done a great job this year, Coach Noble has made improvements all season, Winston Lee has a shot if he can make a late season run.
This will probably be determined by the tournament run but if last night was an indication it's hard to see anyone beating out Noah Back for POY. COY still a little more unsettled Noble King both Hoskins Shannon and Corey and Big Al all in the running.
Noah Back hands down best player in the 14th region....but it’s a popularity contest for both these awards so it’s hard to say who will actually win it!
I have a question who does everyone think is the ROTY? BB nabbed a guard and big man Big Al got the Bennett kid Perry Breathitt who?
SmileyTown Wrote:I have a question who does everyone think is the ROTY? BB nabbed a guard and big man Big Al got the Bennett kid Perry Breathitt who?

😂😂 that’s a very good question!!
Didn’t a kid who played at Estill last year transfer to Breathitt?
Tailback44 Wrote:Buckhorn has 3 winnable games left, if they get 20. Corey Hoskins has to be in the mix for COY.

There is no way What good teams have they beat? He’s about 7 or 8 on the list.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Jalen taulbee does more for his team than anyone in the region in my opinion. He doesn’t stand out like other players but, he always plays big in big games. He leads Breathitt in rebounding, assist, steals, and is a 15+ point guy every night who can go for 25. Scoring isn’t everything, Back is a great shooter but he struggles defensively and doesn’t make other people better as much as Taulbee.

Coach of the year is still up in the air. Big Al has done a great job this year, Coach Noble has made improvements all season, Winston Lee has a shot if he can make a late season run.

Raul bee is a good player but teams are learning that he has a hard time going left. I watched when breathitt lost to hazard and when they made him go left he never scored and would just dribble 2 or 3 times. In the tournament teams will make him go left.
hitter Wrote:There is no way What good teams have they beat? He’s about 7 or 8 on the list.

Why shouldnt be in the mix? Going from 9 wins to possibly 20 wins in one year after losing your leading scorer to Hazard. He may not win but why shouldnt be? I see people saying Lee is in the mix.What is his best win? They lost to Buckhorn.
SmileyTown Wrote:I have a question who does everyone think is the ROTY? BB nabbed a guard and big man Big Al got the Bennett kid Perry Breathitt who?

[Image:

]

Ole fatpat got a riddle for you frowny. Who do you think the Fan of the Year is my brutha? Got three words for you.... fatpat, wowza!

#bigbiznesscoachoftheyear
#kazillaplayaoftheyear
#fatpatfanoftheyear
#magzrecruiteroftheyear

More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

Ole fatpat got a riddle for you frowny. Who do you think the Fan of the Year is my brutha? Got three words for you.... fatpat, wowza!

#bigbiznesscoachoftheyear
#kazillaplayaoftheyear
#fatpatfanoftheyear
#magzrecruiteroftheyear

More mash taters please!!!

I have seen professional teams that were so embarrassing the fans wore bags on their heads to keep from being identified at the games is that you FatPat you are ashamed of being seen at a Patriots game?
SmileyTown Wrote:I have seen professional teams that were so embarrassing the fans wore bags on their heads to keep from being identified at the games is that you FatPat you are ashamed of being seen at a Patriots game?

[Image:

]

smelly, it would take a bigger bag than that for ole fatpat! Patriot Nation has plenty of room on the bandwagon if you want to join us brutha!

#plentyoftatersforeveryone More mash taters please!!!
One glaring miss from this list for the All-Region teams. Zach Watterson is the region's 3rd leading scorer and 22nd in the state with 22.4 ppg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Teams don’t care who is scoring points when they are up 30-40 points. No one focuses on the Watterson kid in the pregame scouting report cause they don’t do a scouting report for Lee. Teams just show up and play and hope they don’t get anyone hurt.
Player of the Year
1. Noah Back, Perry County Central
2. Jalen Taulbee, Breathitt County
3. Khalil Slone, Knott County Central
4. Kyle Fraley, Breathitt County
5. DaShaun Williams, Powell County

Coach of the Year
1. Al Holland, Hazard
2. B.B. King, Knott County Central
3. Winston Lee, Letcher County Central
4. John Noble, Breathitt County
5. Corey Hoskins, Buckhorn
Tailback44 Wrote:Why shouldnt be in the mix? Going from 9 wins to possibly 20 wins in one year after losing your leading scorer to Hazard. He may not win but why shouldnt be? I see people saying Lee is in the mix.What is his best win? They lost to Buckhorn.

Because he scheduled nobody. You can go from 9 to 20 wins a be a worse team. They haven’t played anybody
Noah Back POY
and John Noble COY
hitter Wrote:Because he scheduled nobody. You can go from 9 to 20 wins a be a worse team. They haven’t played anybody

What about now? Beat Hazard, is he in the mix now?
Tailback44 Wrote:What about now? Beat Hazard, is he in the mix now?

I always had him in the mix he has done a very good job. He has about 3 sophomores playing most of the time.