Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Central 62 South Laurel 45
Final.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Final.

Is Central just that good or bad game?
Madison Central is a very good team and this was senior night as well. South shot poorly the first half and got down 10 at the half. South closed to within 6-8 points midway through the 4th but the big boy, Cozart, was pretty much able to do what he wanted on both ends of the floor. Central used some good three point shooting as well from Brown and Ray to keep South from making any closer runs after that. They finished with 5 threes between them. Central is a dangerous team in the 11th. Have to remember this team had Scott Co down double digits in the 4th qtr a few weeks ago before Scott made a furious comeback to squeak out the win.
Madison Central at home is a completely different team than Madison Central away. Refs are scared to death of that psycho of a coach they have, and let Cozart away with murder. Definitely don't want to play @ Madison Central if you're from out of region.
There is a tremendous difference in the quality of basketball in the 11th region and 13th region. SL is still the strong favorite to win the 13th.
A few random thoughts before taking my tired butt to work:
-SL had the MC lead down to 8, but a three by either JJ or Anders that would have cut it to five rimmed in and out. MC went down and scored promptly on their possession, practically a five point swing that was a microcosm of the night
- MC is the best double digit loss team in the state. If Scott County plays a bad game in region, it better not be against Central.
-Hostettler did not make the trip (sick I presume)
-JJ got whistled for three early and missed a good portion of the second quarter.
- Officiating. Don’t know what to say. The KHSAA will complain about sportsmanship all they want, but I saw two refs on the three man crew give Central the ole hometown discount all game. At one point Cromer got hammered on a drive, as the baseline ref ran past Davis he shrugged his shoulders dismissively. Cozart is a great presence in the paint, but the big kid got to do whatever with impunity.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:A few random thoughts before taking my tired butt to work:
-SL had the MC lead down to 8, but a three by either JJ or Anders that would have cut it to five rimmed in and out. MC went down and scored promptly on their possession, practically a five point swing that was a microcosm of the night
- MC is the best double digit loss team in the state. If Scott County plays a bad game in region, it better not be against Central.
-Hostettler did not make the trip (sick I presume)
-JJ got whistled for three early and missed a good portion of the second quarter.
- Officiating. Don’t know what to say. The KHSAA will complain about sportsmanship all they want, but I saw two refs on the three man crew give Central the ole hometown discount all game. At one point Cromer got hammered on a drive, as the baseline ref ran past Davis he shrugged his shoulders dismissively. Cozart is a great presence in the paint, but the big kid got to do whatever with impunity.

You are right IF Moreno is not at full speed. If Moreno comes back at 75% of what he was before he got injured, Madison Central can't touch them. Madison Central's weakness is they don't have ball handlers against pressure. Their strength is the big man in the middle.
Always the refs fault
TIGERZ Wrote:Always the refs fault

I guess you missed the part where I mentioned MC was a good team.
rojas Wrote:You are right IF Moreno is not at full speed. If Moreno comes back at 75% of what he was before he got injured, Madison Central can't touch them. Madison Central's weakness is they don't have ball handlers against pressure. Their strength is the big man in the middle.

I thought Charlton looked decent bringing the ball up, but you’re right they do have a tendency towards turnovers in pressure situations. But the big guy, what a neutralizer he is
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:I thought Charlton looked decent bringing the ball up, but you’re right they do have a tendency towards turnovers in pressure situations. But the big guy, what a neutralizer he is

Oh my gosh, the big guy is such a great defensive player and rebounder. His offense has improved light years in the past two years. Any team would be lucky to have Cozart. However, if Moreno comes back even close to full speed I would give a slight edge to Moreno. Moreno is also a good defensive player and rebounder. Moreno is the best passing big man I have seen in a long time. When you collapse on him, he can change the game with his passing.
Getting Moreno back is def huge for Scott co. Knocking down shots is the key. Every game that was close Scott didn’t shoot the 3 well. First Henry Clay game 4-16 Close game. 2nd Henry Clay game 14-26 20 plus win. First Woodford game. 7-29 from 3. Close game. 2nd Woodford game 16-28. Blowout. Trinity game 3-18. Close game. Madison central 4-23. Close game. I know you can say that about any team but esp Scott co if somebody gonna beat them it’s gonna b on one of those nights
Scott County by 15+ with or without Moreno in my opinion, Madison Central just not very good this year and very inconsistent. Plus Scott loves rematches just to prove a point, ask Woodford and Henry Clay who played them close the first time.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Scott County by 15+ with or without Moreno in my opinion, Madison Central just not very good this year and very inconsistent. Plus Scott loves rematches just to prove a point, ask Woodford and Henry Clay who played them close the first time.

I think those first 3 weeks after the Moreno injury SC was trying to learn to play without him. For 4 years the offense always went through Moreno. Then, all of a sudden they had to learn to play without him. It will be interesting to see how he looks tomorrow and Friday night. My understanding is that Scott County will only play him limited minutes in each game.