Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrats No Longer Democratic
Sci-Fi Wrote:I'm not getting into a Biblical debate with you.

I am not talking about how they were designed, but rather how their mind thinks - their self-esteem, their confidence, their self-worth. Why just destroy a person's well being?

Yeah well I will continue to take God's Word for it. Enlarging their self esteem for doing something they inherently know is wrong isn't going to help them. Long or short term.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:It just might be time for people who consider themselves a Democrat, to stake stock of what being a Democrat really means these days. The will of the whole people is to be paramount, not just those in power for fleeting stints. And certainly not when such circumstances run completely contrary to the vast majority of the record of our nation's history and our national heritage.

Dems today, in openly lusting for an exponential taxation structure, have managed to kill a deal with Amazon which itself would have been directly responsible for the addition of over 25 thousand new jobs in Long Island City, NY. Likely an even greater number of jobs were lost to boot.

TRT,

I'm new here, and I keep reading your posts, finding that you often make reference to the past -- comparing it with the present. However, it doesn't appear to be comparing oranges and apples as you would have us assume.

When did Dem's not want a heavily progressive income tax?

When did Dem's not want universal healthcare?

When did Dem's change their core/fundamental beliefs?

The modern democratic party is pretty much the same in every facet (except foreign policy and military) as they were in the 1920's. They long for their own version of the new deal. They did it then, and they are doing it now. I can't find any example of the democratic party as a whole going through a conservative era, only to lead them here to this ultra liberal epoch.

Sure, they have had their moments and factions -- such as the blue dog democrats. Or the DCCC. But even then and even them, are still fundamental leftists.

If you really want to accurately portray democrats, then you'll actually have to admit that the current left wing is actually MORE conservative on taxes than they were for the MAJORITY of the last 100 years. The consensus of the Dem Party is raising the top marginal rate to around mid 40's or perhaps 50%. Yes, many far leftists want it at 70%. However, thats only equal to what it was in the 1970s, and on an income then (even adjusted for inflation) that was much lower, thus being a higher tax effective tax rate. Also keep in mind, during the 1930's, 40's, 50's... top rates went as high as 90+%.

So I'm not sure were you get the idea that the modern democrat party has went far left and left the old party behind. It seems to me that after Reagans popularity forced them, and clintons southern roots and desire to work across the aisle with Gingrich also moderated it a bit.... the current party is simply trying to CATCH BACK UP with its true self.
Reagan Wrote:TRT,

I'm new here, and I keep reading your posts, finding that you often make reference to the past -- comparing it with the present. However, it doesn't appear to be comparing oranges and apples as you would have us assume.

When did Dem's not want a heavily progressive income tax?

When did Dem's not want universal healthcare?

When did Dem's change their core/fundamental beliefs?

The modern democratic party is pretty much the same in every facet (except foreign policy and military) as they were in the 1920's. They long for their own version of the new deal. They did it then, and they are doing it now. I can't find any example of the democratic party as a whole going through a conservative era, only to lead them here to this ultra liberal epoch.

Sure, they have had their moments and factions -- such as the blue dog democrats. Or the DCCC. But even then and even them, are still fundamental leftists.

If you really want to accurately portray democrats, then you'll actually have to admit that the current left wing is actually MORE conservative on taxes than they were for the MAJORITY of the last 100 years. The consensus of the Dem Party is raising the top marginal rate to around mid 40's or perhaps 50%. Yes, many far leftists want it at 70%. However, thats only equal to what it was in the 1970s, and on an income then (even adjusted for inflation) that was much lower, thus being a higher tax effective tax rate. Also keep in mind, during the 1930's, 40's, 50's... top rates went as high as 90+%.

So I'm not sure were you get the idea that the modern democrat party has went far left and left the old party behind. It seems to me that after Reagans popularity forced them, and clintons southern roots and desire to work across the aisle with Gingrich also moderated it a bit.... the current party is simply trying to CATCH BACK UP with its true self.

Sorry. I've been scrolling the simile list looking for a 'jaw drop' face. Libs have been on a mission here in this land since it's founding. Finally in the late 40's they managed to get a meaningful foothold in federal government through a lawsuit successfully propagated in the Supreme Court, when against all precedent or logic, the liberal argument for the separation of Church and State was won. WW2 brought America together as in no other time in history and government was no exception. But if you could remember the days of JFK, then you'd know how hard left the Dems have gone. I DO remember and I can tell you, it's remarkable to say the least. That said. Though it is true that early on liberals were drawn to the Democrat Party, they only managed to successfully highjack the Party of late. But it's gone from "ask not," to ask anything. Liberals and Democrats were at one time not so long ago, not the same animal.

So I'll grant you that the cancer of liberalism has always been with us. In fact it was active even as early as our founding. And further that liberal naysayers and traitors of colonial days were sympathizers of the Crown. And further that they opposed the ideals and spiritual beliefs of the founders, and espoused European style liberalism. And that that European style liberalism did and does fall outside the ideological borders established by the US Constitution. Liberalism's origins are not American but European. And the affect of liberalism on the Democrat Party since 1948, has been as undeniably erosive as it has the statehood of the nations of Europe presently locked in social chaos of our time.

By means of the Chemo-therapy of truth, America has attempted to treat liberalism across time. It's a generational fight according to the founders, which could only be kept at bay by an adherence of her people to a proper faith in Christ.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]