Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the next coach at perry central?
Thoughts
I heard from a pretty reliable source last night that Harold Brashear would be the next coach. Sean Brashear will be his head assistant.
It’s gonna be John Noble or Mark Collett. Harold B has a face for radio!!!
Analytics101 Wrote:It’s gonna be John Noble or Mark Collett. Harold B has a face for radio!!!
John may have talked about coming, but the way they did his buddy and former Athletic Director, there is no way that he will come work for a district that does someone like that. Very poor administration.

Mark Collett may take it, but has it pretty good in Leslie county. He may miss coaching and want to get back in it, but not likely.

Maybe they will get lucky and get Kevin Spurlock back. :biglmao:
To be honest, Noble, Collett or Brashear would be good choices. All have proven to be solid leaders. For my Commodores to be relevant again it will take a good leader!!!
Really don’t see any of them being interested in it. Noble not moving to girls. Brashear and Collett just stepped away from it. I agree all would be good choices. Wouldn’t be surprised if Coach Blank is in the mix.
Will Breathitt’s coach not be given a chance? I figured she would be a front runner.
Ive said it once and I will say it again. The Legend aint going anywhere. If.......... he does Brashear will be the new Captain of the ship. I don't see Randy quitting.
I would think if Breathitts girls coach applies they would consider her. Wasn’t she an assistant for years?
Coach Napier’s head assistant is leaving this season correct? I’m sure he has been responsible for a lot of parts of the program for the last 20-25 years. Yet another reason I think Randy is going to leave. Randy doesn’t have anything else to prove and isn’t returning a regional favorite.
I doubt Perry would match Noble salary at Breathitt.
Is Napier done at Perry Central? Something credible not just hearsay. Link?
It doesnt say next year but the next coach whenever Randy does retire. Which we all imagine will happen sooner than later.
The well is dry in Perry County, Randy is done, he has no reason to stay and nothing to look forward to. They have already passed out the rocking chairs to the coaches and assistants, they are all leaving.
New coach will be Coach Blank from Buckhorn, he will be in place for summer ball.
I think Brashear Brothers will take over at Perry if Randy decides to quit. Rodney Rowe if Brashears dont take it. A lot of talk about John Noble to.

Mcalarnis will stay at Breathitt.

Caudill will coach at Hazard again.

Only time will tell. Life will go on and basketball will still be played regardless of who goes where.
Coach Rowe will stay in the 15th if he wants to coach somewhere. He won’t have to go to a school starting a major rebuild. He will be able to pick a school with a team ready to compete now.
I can’t see John Noble leaving the boys job at Breathitt County to take over a girls coaching position, even if it is Perry Central.
Coach Whitman did indeed retire as Randy's assistant. He told me that it was getting harder to go from one sport to the next and that they had accomplished everything they could do basketball wise. He is still going to continue as head girls soccer coach. He said he will miss the girls on this years team but that it was time to step away from basketball.
Brashear probably the best candidate. He could turn them around in a couple of years or less.
Brashear needs to stick with the radio and politics, Perry will have some big names apply, and they will hire someone with a daughter that can play, because they are not going to be very good.
Yeah Breashear along with his brother could do it, their track record speaks for itself.
The track record is why he WON'T be their! Smile
The bottom line is that Coach Napier has not stepped down yet. He told his kids last year he was stepping down and did not, so it would be no surprise is he stays around. Other than that, whoever takes this job is in a no win situation. They will be following the all-time winningest coach in state history and administration wants to win immediately. There will be no big names applying because this job is not what it once was and anyone who is a "big name" is not looking for a re-build, they are looking for a good situation. Coaching is not what it used to be. The actual coaching part is a very small part of the job. No matter the job, the only way for a quick turnaround is to bring in players. Perry needs a recruiter more than a coach. Kids do not want to play for "old school" coaches that yell and scream. Coach Napier is an all-time great, but that coaching style has passed by.
Bottom line is, the parents want to run the show at most of the schools and dictate what the coaches do. Cant even win with recruits when this stuff is going on. Coaches gotta be allowed to coach and sometimes it takes a little yelling and screaming, especially when the players have been allowed to run wild in grade school trying to sling up shots with 4 people guarding them. From the looks of things around here parents need to stick with raising their kids because most cant even do that these days and forget about the coaching part.
That's a good point. It is more the parents that don't like the screaming than the kids. Kids are very adaptive and, by nature, want discipline. It is the parents that cause the majority of the problems.
So what does the Brashear brothers track record consist of, I'm confused????
Patriot train Wrote:The track record is why he WON'T be their! Smile
What are you referring too? The fact that brashear took a 5 win team who hadn’t went to a region in over 20 years and won over 20 games and won the 54th district and went to the regional finals. I’d say that pretty good and exactly what perry needs right now
hitter Wrote:What are you referring too? The fact that brashear took a 5 win team who hadn’t went to a region in over 20 years and won over 20 games and won the 54th district and went to the regional finals. I’d say that pretty good and exactly what perry needs right now
Brashear only accomplished those things because Larry Caudill brought his RW girls and now Caudill has to deal with the programs financial problems.
I can see PCC wearing BB brand shoes next year. Brasher Brothers. Harold and Sean would bring a lot of excitement back to PCC girls basketball. Couldnt go wrong with them.
When does your Brashear Brothers ad hit TV & Radio? Lord you think they’ve hung the moon. If he was such a great coach there would have been a bunch of schools after him when he quit at Hazard. As far as what he did at Hazard it’s not hard to win 20 games in the 14th if you have 2 All Region guards playing for you.