Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reese Smith committed to West Virginia
Just read on Twitter that Reese has committed to West Virginia.
Congrats. Great pick up. Should do well in a Neal Brown offense.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Congrats. Great pick up. Should do well in a Neal Brown offense.

I think so to, I really believe Reese picked the best school for him to succeed, and it doesn’t hurt that Neal is former standout at wide receiver for Boyle County.
It was just a matter of when.
Neil Brown offered him and Allen from Lex Cath his first day on the job at WVU didn't he? Congrats to Reese, best of luck young man.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Neil Brown offered him and Allen from Lex Cath his first day on the job at WVU didn't he? Congrats to Reese, best of luck young man.

Allen's ex LexCath Coach is on the staff at WVU...so we'll see. I've heard he isn't going to UK.
That's great. Congrats to them.
Neal is off to a good start and that is not good news for Stoops.
The guy that didn’t even make Honorable Mention for Herald Leader?? Shows the validity of their list!!! Congrats!! Way to not let lists get in your way
FoSho Wrote:Allen's ex LexCath Coach is on the staff at WVU...so we'll see. I've heard he isn't going to UK.

If your serious about playing qb who would? That was nonsense from the first game keeping Wilson as the starter
Jack Lambert Wrote:Just read on Twitter that Reese has committed to West Virginia.

Congrats to Reese and Neil Brown..
CAN'T GET RIGHT Wrote:The guy that didn’t even make Honorable Mention for Herald Leader?? Shows the validity of their list!!! Congrats!! Way to not let lists get in your way

Not sure what happened this year but it wasn’t just the Herald Leaders that was bad it was just the worst
Congrats to Reese Smith for his accomplishments and his commitment
Lol who should have taken Wilson’s spot? It’s not like we had a All american on the bench. Wilson did play well enough for us to have the best season ever in UK football in my opinion. Should definitely have put in that other guy. Lol
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Lol who should have taken Wilson’s spot? It’s not like we had a All american on the bench. Wilson did play well enough for us to have the best season ever in UK football in my opinion. Should definitely have put in that other guy. Lol

Point being, why would Allen (or any other throwing QB) go to UK because of their QB style of play?
CAN'T GET RIGHT Wrote:The guy that didn’t even make Honorable Mention for Herald Leader?? Shows the validity of their list!!! Congrats!! Way to not let lists get in your way

None of the Boyle Co kids were on the media Allstate team which was a joke. The coaches (Courier-Journal) is the one to pay attention to.
Congrats!! Love seeing Ky boys get opportunities like this! This kid could play in most systems.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Lol who should have taken Wilson’s spot? It’s not like we had a All american on the bench. Wilson did play well enough for us to have the best season ever in UK football in my opinion. Should definitely have put in that other guy. Lol

Four different QB’s on the roster and that’s the best you can come up with? There’s been qb controversy every single year that Stoops has been here. What other kid got a chance besides garbage minutes to show what they had? Our defense played well enough for us to have the best season we’ve ever had.
The very SECOND they brought in Wilson every pro style QB recruit in America crossed UK off their list.
....and it's getting more and more obvious that most of the good WR's did too.
FoSho Wrote:....and it's getting more and more obvious that most of the good WR's did too.

I don't know used to would have totally agreed with you but I just think there was zero effort in trying to do anything with the passing game. They had some kids there that were athletic enough that just weren't developed...
single shot Wrote:I don't know used to would have totally agreed with you but I just think there was zero effort in trying to do anything with the passing game. They had some kids there that were athletic enough that just weren't developed...

Agreed, which is why I'm no Gran fan.
FoSho Wrote:Agreed, which is why I'm no Gran fan.

I think Gran gets a lot more credit than he deserves, albeit I’m not a Gran fan either. It just seems he’s doing what Stoops wants done offensively rather than what the team could do offensively. Stoops wants to control the clock with the running game, he don’t like passing cause he don’t know anything about it and it doesn’t fit into the narrative he’s looking for. Kinda like Saban kicking a field goal in the first quarter and setting on it all game seems he used to be terrible for it, but he won a lot of games like that too..
Smith and Allen will be 2 of the top candidates for Mr. Football this year. WV already has 1 and leads for the other or is in good shape anyway. WV may get Bartleson as well and are in on several other prospects vs UK
BoyleCo Wrote:Smith and Allen will be 2 of the top candidates for Mr. Football this year. WV already has 1 and leads for the other or is in good shape anyway. WV may get Bartleson as well and are in on several other prospects vs UK

WVU just got a commitment from a 2020 QB, doubt they take 2.

And Bartleson ain't going to WVU.
would have loved to see Reese in a Wildcat uniform, 2nd choice would have been with any SEC
Didn’t realize they already had a 2020 qb. Interesting.
single shot Wrote:I think Gran gets a lot more credit than he deserves, albeit I’m not a Gran fan either. It just seems he’s doing what Stoops wants done offensively rather than what the team could do offensively. Stoops wants to control the clock with the running game, he don’t like passing cause he don’t know anything about it and it doesn’t fit into the narrative he’s looking for. Kinda like Saban kicking a field goal in the first quarter and setting on it all game seems he used to be terrible for it, but he won a lot of games like that too..

I like a balanced offense,but also like a head coach that doesn't let his assistants rule him.
Go Mountaineers!
BoyleCo Wrote:Didn’t realize they already had a 2020 qb. Interesting.

Happened yesterday. He's not a very good fit for the Air Raid.......very puzzling to me considering other options.