Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central job open
I just saw that Floyd Central boys job is open and taking resumes
Yep it’s posted on KHSAA but it said there were no teaching positions available. I think this will be a real deal killer for coaches that live away from this area.
It also may only mean there are no teaching jobs now but some may be available in the future, but if the right person applies who really knows what might materialize for them.
I know of a coach in a ville that isn’t teaching yet
The people in the villa that I talk to are hoping he considers it because every one of them has said the same thing, "If he leaves, Bill Mike comes back".
Personally I think he stays and I also think if he leaves that the former coach would not show interest.
Tiger77 Wrote:Personally I think he stays and I also think if he leaves that the former coach would not show interest.

With the current administration, I agree he would have zero interest
You all are speaking Spanish to me right now. Can some one dumb this down.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Does anyone know when they are going to interview?

Rumor is they had 11 people show interest....?
Spud6 Wrote:You all are speaking Spanish to me right now. Can some one dumb this down.

Sounds to me like some may want Bill Mike Runyon to come out of retirement for a 3rd stint leading the Tigers. I am not sure if Landon Slone is a teacher at Paintsville. If that is the case and Slone doesnt need a teaching job, he could apply for the job at Floyd Central now.

I have heard rumors that Landon Slone is interested in the Floyd Central job but you know how rumors go. I have also heard that Brandon Gearheart was interested in the job, I thought he may apply.
clipperw Wrote:Sounds to me like some may want Bill Mike Runyon to come out of retirement for a 3rd stint leading the Tigers. I am not sure if Landon Slone is a teacher at Paintsville. If that is the case and Slone doesnt need a teaching job, he could apply for the job at Floyd Central now.

I have heard rumors that Landon Slone is interested in the Floyd Central job but you know how rumors go. I have also heard that Brandon Gearheart was interested in the job, I thought he may apply.

Thank you.

Gearheart definitely would apply for the position I would believe. But why would Slone want out of Paintsville.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Thank you.

Gearheart definitely would apply for the position I would believe. But why would Slone want out of Paintsville.

You're welcome. Again, you know how rumors are but I have heard their was some rumblings from some of the Paintsville faithful about "homegrown" players taking a back seat to some of the out of county transplants. Is that true? I have no idea, but I figured I would try to answer your question as best as I could with what I have heard.

I think Gearheart may apply still, but I think the no teaching job available may hinder him at the moment as he is a teacher and I believe he teaches history/social studies. I think Floyd Central is covered in that department at the moment.

As far as some other people who do not teach but coach who may apply. Maybe a couple of assistants at both Floyd Central programs: John Meade or Alan Moore? I know they both love the game of basketball and have spent many seasons as assistants, maybe they would be interested in applying.
Justin Holbrook?
Heard someone at the sportsplex say that Sean Damron from Knott County was interested in the job. May have a few players come with him as well. Would be a good solid hire.
It will be interesting to see who ends up this job and as we all know the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.
I wonder what the atmosphere will be like having Spurlock still there as a teacher?
It appears FC still has a good core of players and who knows if any new players will follow their coach to a new school.
Slone does have a teaching job. Haven’t ever heard a word about kids that haven’t always been at Paintsville playing versus homegrown kids. I’m not sure if any of you realize it but there’s only 3 on the team that weren’t always there. One starts. The other doesn’t. The third is supposed to be transferring to JC where he started. Stop trying to cause trouble where there is none.
Not trying to ring you up there PC, but if they only have three players that didn't grow up in the Paintsville system and only one starts, would that the kid from Martin County? So that would mean no of the other starters are from Floyd County, right?

One other thing, what subject does Sloan teach?
AJ Moore will be the new coach.
TrueblueUK Wrote:AJ Moore will be the new coach.

Who is this?
#BBFL
poison control Wrote:Slone does have a teaching job. Haven’t ever heard a word about kids that haven’t always been at Paintsville playing versus homegrown kids. I’m not sure if any of you realize it but there’s only 3 on the team that weren’t always there. One starts. The other doesn’t. The third is supposed to be transferring to JC where he started. Stop trying to cause trouble where there is none.

Brady Dingess (Sheldon Clark), Colby Fugate (Floyd County), Jaxson Watts (Floyd County), James Allen (Johnson County Middle), Connor Fugate (Floyd County), Ryan Gibson (Breathitt County), Dylan Lackey (Johnson Central), Ryleh McKenzie (Highland Elementary/Johnson County) and I'm sure there are more.
He is girls asst coach.If this happens Floyd Central has no desire to move up with the big boys.same ole same ole keep it in house.they blew it the 1st time around why do it again. Sad
Whose the Big Boys? Id say Little Boys considering JCs performance at the state tourney.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Whose the Big Boys? Id say Little Boys considering JCs performance at the state tourney.

Come on now.
Well sorry J.R. couldnt resist big guy. Lol
THOMCAT Wrote:Brady Dingess (Sheldon Clark), Colby Fugate (Floyd County), Jaxson Watts (Floyd County), James Allen (Johnson County Middle), Connor Fugate (Floyd County), Ryan Gibson (Breathitt County), Dylan Lackey (Johnson Central), Ryleh McKenzie (Highland Elementary/Johnson County) and I'm sure there are more.

So...NONE transferred while in High School.

I mean come on THOMCAT.....Need I remind you.....
Skaggs....HS Transfer
Spud Crum...HS Transfer
JK Hall....Magoffin Co
Shane Hall.....Floyd Co
Need I go on?

Why can't you guys give it a rest. It's all fine when they wear Black n Gold. But, no one else is allowed to get transfers? It's getting old real quick.
OffTheHook Wrote:So...NONE transferred while in High School.

I mean come on THOMCAT.....Need I remind you.....
Skaggs....HS Transfer
Spud Crum...HS Transfer
JK Hall....Magoffin Co
Shane Hall.....Floyd Co
Need I go on?

Why can't you guys give it a rest. It's all fine when they wear Black n Gold. But, no one else is allowed to get transfers? It's getting old real quick.
None of those was on the same team, was they?
Shane Hall
JK Hall
Wade Skaggs
2010/11 Team
OffTheHook Wrote:Shane Hall
JK Hall
Wade Skaggs
2010/11 Team

Thanks
poison control Wrote:Slone does have a teaching job. Haven’t ever heard a word about kids that haven’t always been at Paintsville playing versus homegrown kids. I’m not sure if any of you realize it but there’s only 3 on the team that weren’t always there. One starts. The other doesn’t. The third is supposed to be transferring to JC where he started. Stop trying to cause trouble where there is none.

I’d say there’s only 3 on the team that has always been there lol.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:I’d say there’s only 3 on the team that has always been there lol.

Coming from someone who has moved their child multiple times
Glory Days Wrote:Coming from someone who has moved their child multiple times

Multiple times lol. My son grew up playing elementary, middle school, and high school sports in 7th grade for the high school he attends. Also don’t act like Paintsville hasn’t tried to get us to make a move one more time lol.