Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBI's New Coach
JayTiger Wrote:A little feuding going on .. Where have you been for the last two yrs. Feuding has been going and will still continue until the 2020 season is over. To many parents in the locker rooms calling the shots and making private phone calls and visits to the coach and demanding their (🌟 player) should be getting the ball more or more shots n headlines in the weekly paper. It's drama and drama all around the basketball program with this parent n that parent pointing fingers. I feel sorry for Coach Gray it's a jungle in Manchester for the last two yrs. Heck just go to some of the games you got parents spread all over the place because of the anger 😡😡 not wanting to even set in the same section as the other parent is in because of jealously and afraid some kid is going to out do the other it's a joke. #1 first step for a new coach or coach Gray is get some BALLS and some guts and take over his team and put the parents back in the stands playing which ever kid u desires that has earned 💯 the spot and play. Bobby Keith is what built CC nation and name and I promise you if he was still alive today n coaching this none since would not be taking place today because it would be his way or the highway didn't matter who your parents was or what position or title they held in Clay county and if it took three county's away to get the star player to make the team it was done n nobody had a problem with it. So of CC wants to fix the problem then quit pointing fingers and just sit back and let the black gold play for each other !!
That’s all well and good but everyone knows how Gray got the job so why wouldn’t the parents use the same “backdoor” tactics to try to get their son more PT, shots or whatever. The fact of the matter is, the coaching staff as a whole is lacking...not just Gray. Everyone can see that Robinson is the most talented. If a coach was smart, they’d have him work on his ball handling all summer long and put the ball in his hands at the point. Let him take it every time if he can and if not, he passes. It always worked before for Clay Co...Richie, Shannon Hoskins, Stephen Asher, etc plus it’ll only help Robinson at the next level.
You have turned a OBI Coach thread into a Clay Co. thread. I don't think Marcum wants the OBI job, if offered he has had plenty time to make up his mind. Either you want the job or not. Don't lead people on, say yes or no. JMO
I heard Marcum didn't take the job. I was hoping that he would as he could of made that program solid.
Is OBI job even open? I dont see it in the open job thread
I was hoping so also, he could make a killer team down there. Hope it's not true he's not taking the job.
Robinson kid is a beast
Yes it is open. The coach quit after their loss in the district.
Wayne_ Wrote:I heard Marcum didn't take the job. I was hoping that he would as he could of made that program solid.

I agree I think Robert turned the job down. I don't know if open or not. Oneida would do well to find the right person for this job. I do believe it could be a good situation.:Cheerlead
Anything new going on with this job?
People sure are fuming over OBI possibly getting a new coach. The reason is they are getting REALLY scared. If he gets it I would be scared too. He got his job taken away from him to put another coach in place and now everyone is not liking him. I guess you get what you ask for 🤔🤔
I don't think anyone cares now since Marcum's not taking the position. Hope they get a good one for the kids because it's a really good school.
I’m hearing 4 candidates - Rod Rhodes, Richie Farmer, Dinky Phipps, and Happy Osborne
KentuckyBallFan4Life Wrote:I’m hearing 4 candidates - Rod Rhodes, Richie Farmer, Dinky Phipps, and Happy Osborne

No way do I pretend to know what is going on at Oneida Baptist. I live a County over and try to keep up with the school. I think 1/2 or maybe 2/3 of the people above mentioned would not even be considered for the Coaching Job at OBI. Just my Opinion.
If they hire Rhodes they will win the region within 2 years
KentuckyBallFan4Life Wrote:I’m hearing 4 candidates - Rod Rhodes, Richie Farmer, Dinky Phipps, and Happy Osborne

Rhodes was interested in that job before he took over at Cordia.
I would almost wager that none of the above would be considered. Oneida has a good Coach on staff. Look for them to give it to him.
JMO: after the Marcum hunt is over. Larry Gritton will take his time choosing a Coach.
Anyone know what is going on with this Job ? Looks like all mentioned candidates are not being considered or did not want the Job.

Nothing to this post. Job has been posted on KHSAA web a couple weeks. Couple names flying around of people who played and Coached at OBI or Coached there in past. Will be looking fwd to see how this works out.Confusedhh:
New Coach will have some good people to work with, Woods. 17.2, Onoath 19.1, Estep 10.2, Goodwin 8.7, and Preston 8.5 points per game. That 63.7 points per game returning add 6'3 Jr. Frost and 6'5 Jr Bailey and Oneida could be a sleeper in the 49th and 13th Region. JMO
JustThinking Wrote:New Coach will have some good people to work with, Woods. 17.2, Onoath 19.1, Estep 10.2, Goodwin 8.7, and Preston 8.5 points per game. That 63.7 points per game returning add 6'3 Jr. Frost and 6'5 Jr Bailey and Oneida could be a sleeper in the 49th and 13th Region. JMO
Hamby 7.3 per game.
That gives them 71 pts a game returning. Lots of scoring, lots of dept.
Oneida Baptist has a New Coach. I don't know his name but he played at Oneida and is a Graduate of the School. When I learn his name I will post it.
I heard it was Kenneth Boo Woods. Not sure but he coaches there for a few years before leaving. But that’s who I heard it was.
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:I heard it was Kenneth Boo Woods. Not sure but he coaches there for a few years before leaving. But that’s who I heard it was.

Had some talk of other Coaches who played and Coached there early on. I think you are right. Think Keeneth Woods is the man. My question is why? He didn't have a very good team when here before. Oh well, same ole same ole. I was wishing for something more exciting. Good Luck !!!:HitWall::HitWall:
Not sure how he will do this time, but last time he had a 500 record the two
Years he coached without any support from admin. I’m sure he should get support this time. I wish them the best but OBI is a different animal
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:Not sure how he will do this time, but last time he had a 500 record the two
Years he coached without any support from admin. I’m sure he should get support this time. I wish them the best but OBI is a different animal

Good Luck to Coach Wood. I'm sure he will get more support from this administration than he did last time he was at Oneida. Time will tell how he will do.:Cheerlead
Anyone know if OBI has officially hired Kenneth Wood as Basketball Coach ?