Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019-20 13th Region
It didn't work out that well at Bell, but Smith has always been a pretty good coach. I saw one of his Christian County teams at the state tournament a few years back. He also won big in West Virginia.
Successful else where or not Coach Smith’s antics were unprofessional and over the top. Sizemore will act better.
12th region basketball coach with local ties touring Whitley campus today!
It doesn’t seem very ethical to be showing a potential new coach around without relieving the old one of his duties.
Back to Bell. I believe with an athletic PG in Stephney and length with Phipps and Burnett we can be a big surprise! We had a very good JV team last year. We need some of those guys to transition up and be solid varsity players.
District Champs this coming season! That would be fantastic.
ArJay Wrote:It doesn’t seem very ethical to be showing a potential new coach around without relieving the old one of his duties.
Back to Bell. I believe with an athletic PG in Stephney and length with Phipps and Burnett we can be a big surprise! We had a very good JV team last year. We need some of those guys to transition up and be solid varsity players.
District Champs this coming season! That would be fantastic.

I said he was touring campus.... didn’t say anyone showing him.
Why would he be touring campus?
ArJay Wrote:Why would he be touring campus?

You ask good questions..
You are too vague young man ha ha
JR Smith headed to Bell County !
Dudley will put him in his place soon enough.
roundball247 Wrote:Not sure an edge to HC makes any sense in 52nd. They lost to M'boro to end the season and 3 of their last four games, lose most of their scoring and will have zero people to guard the Kyle kid. Bench players saw limited meaningful action. I would pick Middlesboro and then the rest is a toss up. Bell and Harlan Co. was picked ahead of Harlan City and M'bor was now where to be found last year and we see how that ended up at the end of the season. This district will likely be a toss up again. Of course, coaching changes and player personnel changes will impact all of the projections.

It makes more sense now - 7-1 overall this year in the district, even though all the games were very competitive.
I always like looking back to see who was right.
I am shocked at the13th Region Media Awards for the 49th district??????? I know one kid that should've made it but didn't. WHO does these awards and pick whose on it. WOW, WOW is all I can say. Look at the other districts and there are more than just 2 school's with kid's on them. 🤔🤔🤔
North and Clay dominated the district.
Sorry, double post
HCS Wrote:North and Clay dominated the district.

I thought it was about the PLAYER'S not the team?
The players are the ones who help the team have great years. Clay and North each probably have two players in the top 10 in the region and a few others close.
13 region Clay & North did dominate this year! I’m not sure what team your talking about but those 2 teams played good ball and well coached
I've coached 13th region for year's not any longer though. Let me see if I can explain this to some that don't get the point. The All Region Media is about individual "PLAYER'S" not TEAM'S. Everyone with me at this point???? It is not about how good the TEAM did and has nothing to do with how a team is coached. Still with me??? Could someone explain to me how the big kid from Oneida, Hall did not make it? Not talking about the team, coach, or record. Talking about the PLAYER which is what the All Region "PLAYER'S" is about. I made several home games and kept up with him all year. Explain that to that kid that worked his butt off all season for the team.
NLFAN Wrote:13 region Clay & North did dominate this year! I’m not sure what team your talking about but those 2 teams played good ball and well coached

Oneida's big kid???
13-region Wrote:I've coached 13th region for year's not any longer though. Let me see if I can explain this to some that don't get the point. The All Region Media is about individual "PLAYER'S" not TEAM'S. Everyone with me at this point???? It is not about how good the TEAM did and has nothing to do with how a team is coached. Still with me??? Could someone explain to me how the big kid from Oneida, Hall did not make it? Not talking about the team, coach, or record. Talking about the PLAYER which is what the All Region "PLAYER'S" is about. I made several home games and kept up with him all year. Explain that to that kid that worked his butt off all season for the team.

The team always has something to do with it. How many of the top players in any of the districts are on teams with losing records? Look at the All American or all-state teams and let me know how many come from bad teams.

After looking at the 49th District list, you could make a case for him against a couple at the bottom of the list, but if it's close - and it is - then the player on the team that actually won will almost always win out.

I don't know if I'd suggest other people are dumb if you struggle with possessives. It's players and teams - not player's and team's...
Should be about players not teams. Stats are kept for a reason. I have no idea what he done against other good players. It is easy for Media to find good players when a team is doing well, much harder finding the great player on a bad team for some reason. Either way to many trophies given out for kids today leads to a false sense of greatness and when they arrive on a campus and don't succeed immediately they come home.
I hope most people who vote for things like this know enough not to just look at stats. Stats against some schedules are much different than stats against other schedules. You could also penalize players on good teams who have to share the ball more than someone on a bad team. The leading scorer isn't always the best player.
That is why I said stats against quality opponents. Have to look deeper. Also if a kid is a leading scorer he also may can put it in the basket better than others . That is why stats come in with % against quality. Again easy to look at good teams but to find a great talent on a bad team should be a priority as well. They are out there and they get looked over because their team isn’t that good.
13-region Wrote:I am shocked at the13th Region Media Awards for the 49th district??????? I know one kid that should've made it but didn't. WHO does these awards and pick whose on it. WOW, WOW is all I can say. Look at the other districts and there are more than just 2 school's with kid's on them. 🤔🤔🤔

Same thing with the 52nd. It’s like someone just looked at PPG only and took the guys with the hugest averages regardless if they were on the best team and shared the ball or the worst and didn’t. How you can dominate the District and lose 1 away game and only get 1 player while other teams have losing records and get 2 I’ll never know.
Based on the All District teams in the region there are several that just look like a lazy approach by whoever decided on them. Both on the Boys and Girls sides.