Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Johnson Central Wins the Sectional...
If they win they will play either Dunbar or George Roger Clark. semi state 8 vs semi state 6.
Don't get too far ahead just yet. JC must first focus on LCC and then think about PLD or Clark Co.
JC will sweep LCC...Eagles have way too much pitching for the Cougars to handle!
Does anyone know who JC pitched against LCC in their regular season matchup? Remember also that it's tournament time and if you've made it this far then anything can happen.
eaglehoops Wrote:Does anyone know who JC pitched against LCC in their regular season matchup? Remember also that it's tournament time and if you've made it this far then anything can happen.
Justin Blanton pitched the first 5 and gave up 2 runs, Cody Parker pitched 1 1/3 and gave up 4 runs, and Matt Fyffe pitched the last 2/3 and gave up 0 runs.
Letcher cannot and will not stand up to JC. They are simply overmatched.
the chance of jc losing to lcc are very slim but u just never know. but best of luck and hopefuly jc wins.
Actually if LCC can pop off a win against Blanton or Fife in the first two games they are setting pretty in the third game with JC's big guns off of the hill....i havent saw letcher play at all but i have saw JC play and IMO it is very possible that Fife or Blanton may not get the run support that they need JC's offense is not very strong...IMO JC ends up winning the sectional tournament but not by any means rolling over LCC...if LCC can push a game 3 watch out for a great series
I think it will be a GREAT SERIES regardless! Experience is one thing that could hurt LCC to where J.C. made it to the Final 4 in the state a couple of years ago. Big game experience is HUGE at this level! if they overlook the Cougars, it may just bite them on the tail!!!
JC will sweep Letcher and I think with Fyffe on the mound, they have a shot against PLD or GRC
who says JC will beat LCC. I think LCC will beat JC in 3 games. I think the winner will be playing Dunbar.
looks like there will be no JC sweep.
I second that! I think JC CLEARLY overlooked LCC and it showed last night!
RollEm97 Wrote:Actually if LCC can pop off a win against Blanton or Fife in the first two games they are setting pretty in the third game with JC's big guns off of the hill....i havent saw letcher play at all but i have saw JC play and IMO it is very possible that Fife or Blanton may not get the run support that they need JC's offense is not very strong...IMO JC ends up winning the sectional tournament but not by any means rolling over LCC...if LCC can push a game 3 watch out for a great series

As that has shown quite a few times this season. Not only that, the defense has had a few let downs this season when these two are on the mound.
Redneck Wrote:As that has shown quite a few times this season. Not only that, the defense has had a few let downs this season when these two are on the mound.

Someone made a reference to the youth that Letcher had on the field, but JC may be even younger than Letcher. Last night they started a freshman behind the plate, a soph at 2nd, a soph at short that is only 15 years old, a soph in left , a freshman in center, and the DH was a soph.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Someone made a reference to the youth that Letcher had on the field, but JC may be even younger than Letcher. Last night they started a freshman behind the plate, a soph at 2nd, a soph at short that is only 15 years old, a soph in left , a freshman in center, and the DH was a soph.

I didn't realize JC was that young Kimball. I knew Taylor Swift was just a freshman and the CF young, I thought the rest were upper classmen.
Sounds like a great future for JC baseball.
Just so he gets the recognitiion he deserves, the Freshman catcher's name is Taylor Smith not Swift.
LCC had a 8th grader.
Tanner Sexton at shortstop.
MonsterMan Wrote:Just so he gets the recognitiion he deserves, the Freshman catcher's name is Taylor Smith not Swift.

Shoot, my bad. As I was typin that this mornin a Taylor Swift song came on CMT, it was an honest mistake. Sorry Taylor Smith.
JC may have a good future but LCC's JV team beat JC's earlier this year.
Live to Hunt Wrote:JC will sweep Letcher and I think with Fyffe on the mound, they have a shot against PLD or GRC

I disagree. Lexington and Louisville teams see 90+ just about on a daily basis. Maybe if he can back up his 90 fastball with a good curve and good changeup, then I would agree. But hitting the fastball for those kids isn't as hard as it is for kids around the mountains!
gold_glove Wrote:JC may have a good future but LCC's JV team beat JC's earlier this year.

Uhhh, you might look out on the field when the varsity plays if you want to see Central's JV team. 6 out of 10 on field are either freshmen or sopomores.
Hey.... Where are all you people who said that JC would sweep LCC now???

Looks like its gonna be a game 3 Conley vs Collins for LCC.

Collins is a better pitcher, hands down.

Im taking the Cougars 4-2

GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
LCC_Cougar Wrote:Hey.... Where are all you people who said that JC would sweep LCC now???

GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands down? is that sorta like someone else's comment about Blanton being pitiful? for our sake, i hope so. JC 6 LCC 0
i think everyone is way overrating johnson central. they haven't shown me anything at the plate, and to even suggest they could go down to lexington on compete with those teams is rediculus. the only team i have even seen that could compete down there is lawrence. i only seen them at the championship game but they by far have the best players in the region. i know they beat them, but after watching the game the played with fyffe on the hill against letcher the other night i just can't see how people are automatically assuming they can easily best letcher.
LCC_Cougar Wrote:Hey.... Where are all you people who said that JC would sweep LCC now???

GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Im sure you've seen Conley countless times to make that determination.Rolleyes

Just like some of the other countless uneducated comments . I believe "pitiful" was the lastest term used in some of these intelligent statements .

By the way , here is an interesting stat. Letcher now has a grand total of "zero" earned runs against JC pitching in 15 innings so far.
JC wins tonight..but keep it up on here!! We love the motivation LCC fans give us!
bigE Wrote:i think everyone is way overrating johnson central. they haven't shown me anything at the plate, and to even suggest they could go down to lexington on compete with those teams is rediculus. the only team i have even seen that could compete down there is lawrence. i only seen them at the championship game but they by far have the best players in the region. i know they beat them, but after watching the game the played with fyffe on the hill against letcher the other night i just can't see how people are automatically assuming they can easily best letcher.

Well for one thing Paintsville was a better team than Lawrence to begin with. You must not watch a whole lot of baseball during the season.

Well for another thing they have beaten the #10 team in the state twice so far this season and beaten the #9 team. That kind of makes me think they may have a shot .

Like I said earlier Letcher has zero earned runs in two games so far, so I think it was a safe bet by many to make those comments.