• School’s Out, Alice Cooper
  • Slow Ride, Fog Hat
  • Cult of Personality, Living Colour
  • Barracuda, Heart
  • Lay Down, Priestess
  • Evenflow, Pearl Jam
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-previews/76.html
Do you know if it will be on PS2?
cig107 Wrote:Do you know if it will be on PS2?

No ps3 and xbox 360 only.
That sucks!

I was in the huntington mall about a month ago and went into EB Games and the guy in there said that they are making a New Guitar Hero Rocks The 80's. I think he said it was for PS2
-STATS- Wrote:I was in the huntington mall about a month ago and went into EB Games and the guy in there said that they are making a New Guitar Hero Rocks The 80's. I think he said it was for PS2

That game comes out July 13th if I remeber correctly. In either case, it's in July and will be available on PS2
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
They wont make as much money as part II tho, not as good as songs
-STATS- Wrote:I was in the huntington mall about a month ago and went into EB Games and the guy in there said that they are making a New Guitar Hero Rocks The 80's. I think he said it was for PS2

Sweet!! I would love to get that game! The late 80's is when I first really started to get into rock (yes, that includes some of the hair bands), so I would probably know a lot of the songs. Hopefully they will get some Metallica and Guns N Roses (the real GNR, not the joke Axel's group is now) to be in the game, that alone would be enough for me!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Sweet!! I would love to get that game! The late 80's is when I first really started to get into rock (yes, that includes some of the hair bands), so I would probably know a lot of the songs. Hopefully they will get some Metallica and Guns N Roses (the real GNR, not the joke Axel's group is now) to be in the game, that alone would be enough for me!

I think Metallica is pulling the same crap they did with the Napster debacle, not letting others have any rights to their songs. They are the only band that I know of that would do that. I would love to hear some Dreamtheater (if you have heard of them, they have the best guitarist I have ever heard) or Godsmack!! Now that would make this game.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:I think Metallica is pulling the same crap they did with the Napster debacle, not letting others have any rights to their songs. They are the only band that I know of that would do that. I would love to hear some Dreamtheater (if you have heard of them, they have the best guitarist I have ever heard) or Godsmack!! Now that would make this game.

Dude, I was talking about the Guitar Hero-80's Rock game that somebody had mentioned earlier. Godsmack wasn't even around in the 80's, and I doubt that many had heard of Dreamtheater back then. Maybe they can get them when they do a 90's themed game.

Don't worry, though, even if Metallica doesn't play nice. Plenty of Van Halen, Ozzy, and Aerosmith can still make for an awesome game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Dude, I was talking about the Guitar Hero-80's Rock game that somebody had mentioned earlier. Godsmack wasn't even around in the 80's, and I doubt that many had heard of Dreamtheater back then. Maybe they can get them when they do a 90's themed game.

Don't worry, though, even if Metallica doesn't play nice. Plenty of Van Halen, Ozzy, and Aerosmith can still make for an awesome game.

Sorry about that. I did not mean for my comment to be in reference with your 80's comment. I wanted to state my take on the Metallica issue and tell of a couple bands that have also been left out of the Guitar Heros. Also yes I do agree that an 80's guitar hero with GnR (Guns and Roses), Van Halen etc. would be pretty cool.

Make jsut a classic rock Guitar Hero with Led Zep., Def Leppard, Pink Floyd.
The 80s one coming out actually has some great songs on it. The only catch is that stuff that happens with Guitar Hero when it's "Made Famous By" meaning that the original vocals aren't on it.

thetribe Wrote:The 80s one coming out actually has some great songs on it. The only catch is that stuff that happens with Guitar Hero when it's "Made Famous By" meaning that the original vocals aren't on it.

Most all of the songs on Guitar Hero are by a cover band of some sort, for which it is labeled 'made famous by' instead of 'as performed by' when it's the real deal. Some of the covers sound almost just like the real band, and others not so much. The only band I can think of right now that actually performed its own song was Primus, on Guitar Hero 2. There may be others that I'm just not remembering, too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Most all of the songs on Guitar Hero are by a cover band of some sort, for which it is labeled 'made famous by' instead of 'as performed by' when it's the real deal. Some of the covers sound almost just like the real band, and others not so much. The only band I can think of right now that actually performed its own song was Primus, on Guitar Hero 2. There may be others that I'm just not remembering, too.

No, no. Nirvana did one..LOL. Just kidding. (I loved Nirvana)
The Primus song you mention is an awesome song. It was done specifically for Guitar Hero II. I will have to pop that GH I and GH II in and see what other ones say 'as performed by'. I think Shadows Fall-The Light That Blinds (after thinking about it) is one too.