Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relativity
Hound05 Wrote:Dude you just became my new best friend. I love astronomy, physics. Well mostly astrophysics. I read all of it! Time, relatively, time dilation! I especially love reading how science basically proves the Bible. Although I didn’t need it to In the first place, but still! I love the connection between God/faith and all of it. The only thing I think we might disagree with maybe..... is to me, time. I still somewhat view time as a delusion. God to me, is omnipresent, there is no past, present, future for him. While we as man are bound by it, sometimes I tbink are we really? I’ll live forever with my lord, so what is time when I know this? I guess looking back delusion is a bad word for it. It’s hard to explain all of my thoughts on it typing on a phone haha. But if time is finite, it can be sped up or slowed down, how is it as real as say gravity? Which we can’t manipulate? I’m fascinated by all of it. There’s a good website called Listverse where you can search top 10’s of everything just about, I usually stick to the science part of it. You should check it out. But I think about it a lot. Does how one perceives time over someone else effect it? What about perception. If a person on the moon jumped up and and back down, when did it really happen? At the time that he actually done it? Or when you perceived it a tad bit later on earth? I look forward to more posts about stuff like this from you. Maybe next time I won’t be so tired and On a cell phone and we can get deeper into it.

Sorry for not responding more directly to some of your thoughts in the last post but, just wanted to sort through some points to clarify what I admit was very lengthy by way of premise. LOL

Although I believe both time and gravity exist because they are part of God's orderly creation, I do not believe time is real in the same sense that gravity is real. Time is, nonetheless, real. Time is what each of us use up during our life spans here on earth. And in considering our finite lifespans, we may have the clue to defining the nature of eternity in some small sense. That being such that eternity is life lived in the absence of time, outside of the constraints of time as was the case prior to the creation, and will be the case after the eradication of creation according to God's preordained plan as was clearly stated in 2 Peter 3:10 above. But as I said, the universe's existence since it's birth is measurable or 'relative,' to borrow from MR Einstein, from the perspective of our little sun. The effects of which are measurable in the exact number of days on which our sun has dawned on this earth. I just find it incredibly profound to understand that God discussed all of this in His Word. It is not for lack of information, the confusion (not on your part but perhaps that of science), is because in man's natural state, his nature dictates that he will always consciously reject the truths of God. Though subconsciously man is very aware of the presence of God, to the point that from the dawn of time men have cursed using God's name in vain. And our speech and writings are filled with references to Him.

But unlike the stuff of movies and books and fake science from man's perspective at least, (not that either Einstein or Hawking were wrong in anything they said except for God's true role in creation), time is not some mysterious substance to be visited and traveled forward and backward in. It's just the elapsed daily cycle of days as that applies specifically on this one little planet of ours. The whole point of it all is the Lord set it all in motion, creation, and He is coming again 'relatively' soon. At some point "quickly" thereafter to judge every man and recreate what will be the eternal habitat for those who choose to bow before Him in repentance of their sin. Everything that exists, belongs to Him. And when this garden of men called earth is through producing souls for His glory, He will put an end to it the same way a farmer plows under this year's crop residue.

The following is why Darwin, Einstein and Hawking could not see the truth, and also why most of America cannot see the truth. Men’s rebellious hearts have been darkened.
Romans 1:21-22 (KJV)
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Further, this is why we now seem hell bent to pass laws in defiance of that which our own hearts tells us is contrary to the will of our creator. Of course, that's why He put us here, to make that very specific choice. Man is willfully ignorant of the truth because as the Lord has said in Romans, He revealed Himself-- even the mystery of the Godhead, to EVERY man, therefore are they without excuse.
Romans 1:20 (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The earth spins and keeps on clicking off those days, but only because God's sustaining power causes it to do so. If He stopped doing that which He has done since the creation, the building blocks of creation atomic and subatomic structures, would loose cohesiveness and fly apart. Likely very much as do the explosive processes of an atom bomb. Or as I prefer to think, as described in 2 Peter 3:10. Time is like a matrix I suppose, and as such may be superficially comparable to the void of space. they're both there and measurable, but trying to understand either of them is difficult. Space goes on forever without end. Where would nothing start, and where would nothing end? Space is the matrix in which the vast array of the universe is suspended. Time on the other hand is the matrix in which the history of man is suspended. They both serve a purpose, but neither is the progenitor of anything at all.

Science says the universe sprang into existence spontaneously from nothing, and that the matter which constitutes our bodies was once part of a star, or stars. And in order to quiet those of more lucid mindedness, science says further that time, in the vast aeons necessary to provide opportunity for ample evolutionary trial and error, actually happened. And as such constitutes the great equalizer for that impossibly ridiculous premise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 03-21-2019, 07:45 PM
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 08-17-2019, 07:13 PM
Relativity - by Hound05 - 09-10-2019, 05:44 AM
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 09-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 09-14-2019, 05:13 AM
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 10-14-2019, 10:11 PM
Relativity - by ronald reagan - 11-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Relativity - by ronald reagan - 11-09-2019, 04:32 PM