Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coach at Valley
More Cowbell Wrote:Best of luck to coach Rodney Rowe! The man knows a lot about basketball, and those girls will benefit by having him as coach. Napier did such a great job and left some big shoes to fill, but I believe Rowe will be able to do it well.

That said, hopefully Alvin will stay on as assistant, being groomed to take over the head post someday when Rowe decides it's time to hang it up.

If I am not mistaken by watching Shelby Valley play, ALvin made most decisions on and off the court. That will change this year. Rowe will be the man.
You might be suprised. Yeah Rodney is head coach but he respects Johnny's coaching abilities as well. I honestly think it will be a joint effort. I don't see Rodney as an arrogant man.
Remind me again...how much longer do we have to wait to watch the Lady Cats begin their season?

This year will definitely be special. I think everyone assumes Valley is rebuilding since Esther graduated. Can't wait to surprise 'em again.Big Grin
Good Luck Coach Rowe! and to the Shelby Valley Lady Kats!
Congrats Coach Rowe, look forward seing you and the lady kats play this year
Congrats Coach Rowe, and Good Luck to the SV Lady Kats!!!
SVLadiesFan Wrote:You might be suprised. Yeah Rodney is head coach but he respects Johnny's coaching abilities as well. I honestly think it will be a joint effort. I don't see Rodney as an arrogant man.

well said..yeah coach rowe is the "head Coach"..but he knows that he cant see and know everything so he will listen to alvin..and your right he is not an arrogant man

also i think it is a great idea for him to get his wife to help..she is a very sweet woman and will be very helpful to the girls

congrats to coach rowe and good luck to the girls!!!!!!!!
Good Luck Coach Rowe and to the Lady Kats...
congrats coach rowe. i expect to coach rowe take valley to another level. GOOD LUCK LADY CATS!!
SVHSWildcat22 Wrote:congrats coach rowe. i expect to coach rowe take valley to another level. GOOD LUCK LADY CATS!!

Coach Rowe will take the lady cats to the next level. His attention to detail is unreal. Defensively I think you will see a different team. Not to mention SV has three new players this year.:rockon:
Rodney is a great coach one of the worst moves valley made was letting him slip away lucky for them he came back when they were in need
hootie Wrote:Coach Rowe will take the lady cats to the next level. His attention to detail is unreal. Defensively I think you will see a different team. Not to mention SV has three new players this year.:rockon:

are you talking about the freshmen coming in?
SVHSWildcat22 Wrote:are you talking about the freshmen coming in?

Amanda Sawyers, Meghan Tackett, and Chablis Goble.
Valley will be taken to the next level and everyone needs to keep their eyes open.....Although Fleming was a great part of the Sv team ... I feel they still have great talent on their team * Good luck girls
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Amanda Sawyers, Meghan Tackett, and Chablis Goble.
I think Amanda is a sophmore, but she is new to the Valley team, and will be a tremendous asset. From what I'm hearing, the best freshman in a long time may be Chablis. They say she is one tough cookie in the paint.
Chabils is a sophmore
there is only one new freshman this year and the rest played last year and the year before..all the new players are sophmores..
that freshman quit... so no new ones
LadyCat2007 Wrote:that freshman quit... so no new ones

when did she quit?
around thursday of last week i think
Anyone wanna pm me the freshmen who quit?
Look for Roberts to have a huge year under Rowe.
Is it just Virgie and Dorton feeding into SV? Good Luck to Coach Rowe!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Is it just Virgie and Dorton feeding into SV? Good Luck to Coach Rowe!
Yes