10. Corbin
10. Pineville
12. Middlesboro
13.Harlan
14. Barbourville
15.Lynn Camp
16. Oneida
17. Red Bird
ArJay Wrote:Is there a boys preview too?

Yes, it's posted now.
It’s North, South, and everybody else is playing for Third, and may be like this for years to come. Most schools in the 13th care very little about girls sports.
North got lucky last year. They won’t be as good this year. Sizemore and Valentine are overrated. When a true referee calls the games they don’t get the foul calls for them or they don’t let them push off. See what Southwestern did to them. They couldn’t play dirty or get the calls
Clay is a lot better than anybody thinks. Have size and Mathis and some good young shooters. Enough said
[quote=Superfly]North got lucky last year. They won’t be as good this year. Sizemore and Valentine are overrated. When a true referee calls the games they don’t get the foul calls for them or they don’t let them push off. See what Southwestern did to them. They couldn’t play dirty or get the calls.]

North may not be quite as good with Hubbard gone, will have to play a little differently. But if anything Sizemore especially is underrated. South should be the best team overall, but they should have been this past year too and they just weren’t. And unless Asher can come back and stay healthy for Clay, they’ve got no shot, even as good as Mathis is, and she’s plenty good.
Hopefully the Lady Generals at least raise some eyebrows this year. I think they can be good just got some ways to go.
Losing Hubbard is big for North although they are still very talented. Right now I would put South above them due to adjusting to the loss of Morgan way earlier than North had to adjust for Hubbard. Clay is 3rd due to Mathis being a Top 2 player. They have some good young players and if Asher comes back healthy they have as good of a shot as anybody; they still have the best coach. Jackson and Knox Central fall behind that group in some order and then you could put everyone else in a hat.
South Laurel will be the front runner followed by North. Burchell will have the Lady Tigers inclined to have a good year. South Laurel will win the regional and represent the 13th.
South has to win it this year... if not it will be the wildest and saddest thing I have seen. 3 D1 players on the same team in the 13th Region should win at least 1 region championship. It has me actually almost cheering for them... almost.
My picks...
1. South Laurel
2. North Laurel
3. Clay County

4. Jackson County
5. Whitley County (I know many will think this is high)
6. Knox Central
7. Bell County
Harlan County over Knox by 10 today and Knox over Bell by one.
insideinfo Wrote:It’s North, South, and everybody else is playing for Third, and may be like this for years to come. Most schools in the 13th care very little about girls sports.

I agree about this year, and last, but Harlan County has been in the finals seven times. They have been competitive since day one.
Whitley looked good in the scrimmage I saw at Union. After South and North and probably Clay, they could be as good or better than anyone.
Whitley is playing that Mercer Co basketball. Full court press tough man to man D. Watch out for the lady Colonels. Even with the loss of Siler. Tough. Clay has size down low. Tough to handle. Watch out. Corbin ,Bell,Pineville, Lynn Camp, stink at this point this summer