Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 1 Johnson Central 0 (8 innings)
Great game, LCC wins this one on a squeeze play. I guess I'll have my crow a little crispy, I never thought they had a chance with Fyffe on the hill.
Finally Coach Bryan Dean should get some R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Way to Go LCC Cougars. Wished I could have been there. 1 more win and I'll see you next week guys.
Oh the Impossible has happened! Everyone got on here and said that IN NO WAY CAN FYFFE GO DOWN! Guess what..FYFFE GOES DOWN!!!!!!!! BIG WIN COUGARS! 1 to go! Time to forget about this one and take care of business tomorrow! GO BIG BLUE!!!! And Jon Adams played great defense as S. Sexton matched Fyffe inning for inning and coming out on top with his little brother, Tanner Sexton(8th Grade scoring on the squeeze by Freshman Chase Adams! I have seen alot of baseball in my life and this is the most perfect game of baseball that I have ever witnessed by both teams! Just a classic! K, I will hush, lol!
Way to go boys!!!! I knew you could do it.

Now lets go, 1 more game!
I am SHOCKED!!!!!!!:yikes: :yikes:

Now I am really disgusted!!!

Come on EAGLES!!! Don't let my teams defeat in Dist. be for nothing!!!
You can do this!!!!
AND BY NO MEANS IS THIS SERIES OVER! LCC Needs to come out tomorrow HUNGRY and READY TO GO TO APPLEBEES PARK!
Did LCC throw their ace today? I talked to someone that said they were saving him for tomorrow's game.
Just shows what a strange game baseball is.

JCHS hit the ball hard all over the park. Every batter made solid contact, and they all went right at a Cougar somewhere. Had bases loaded with one out in the bottom of the sixth and Mikie Dale cracks a line drive right up the middle that finds the second baseman's glove just standing there for a double play. With a runner on second and one out in the bottom of the eighth, Justin Blanton rips a solid line drove shot that goes...right into the shortstop's glove for a double play.

LCC hit very few balls hard all night. Their run was scored when a kid hit a slow grounder toward second that the second baseman tried to hurry and make a play on it at first and went under the first baseman's glove into the dugout to put the runner on second. Then two bunts.

Fyffe went eight, struck out 15, gave up three hits, and one unearned run. And somehow lost the game? Nothing but disappointing. If LCC can get this lucky again, I'm taking the whole team to the gambling boat with me next time I go.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Oh the Impossible has happened! Everyone got on here and said that IN NO WAY CAN FYFFE GO DOWN! Guess what..FYFFE GOES DOWN!!!!!!!! BIG WIN COUGARS! 1 to go! Time to forget about this one and take care of business tomorrow! GO BIG BLUE!!!! And Jon Adams played great defense as S. Sexton matched Fyffe inning for inning and coming out on top with his little brother, Tanner Sexton(8th Grade scoring on the squeeze by Freshman Chase Adams! I have seen alot of baseball in my life and this is the most perfect game of baseball that I have ever witnessed by both teams! Just a classic! K, I will hush, lol!

Well actually Letcher really could do nothing with Fyffe. Lets see he had 16 K's , only gave up 3 hits, and Letcher took advantage of an error to win the game. That's a pretty dominating performance. Games pitched like that will win you 49 out of 50 games.

Now if you want to say that Sexton pitched a great game, I'll certainly go along with that. But what won the game for Letcher was a sensational defensive game. It's one of the reasons that baseball is such a great game. Anything can happen on any given night.

JC had plenty of opportunities to score throughout the game ,so really they have no one to blame but themselves. Congratulations to Letcher on a great played game. Very solid , fundamental team. I was impressed by the well coached game they played.
Diogenes Wrote:Just shows what a strange game baseball is.

JCHS hit the ball hard all over the park. Every batter made solid contact, and they all went right at a Cougar somewhere. Had bases loaded with one out in the bottom of the sixth and Mikie Dale cracks a line drive right up the middle that finds the second baseman's glove just standing there for a double play. With a runner on second and one out in the bottom of the eighth, Justin Blanton rips a solid line drove shot that goes...right into the shortstop's glove for a double play.

LCC hit very few balls hard all night. Their run was scored when a kid hit a slow grounder toward second that the second baseman tried to hurry and make a play on it at first and went under the first baseman's glove into the dugout to put the runner on second. Then two bunts.

Fyffe went eight, struck out 15, gave up three hits, and one unearned run. And somehow lost the game? Nothing but disappointing. If LCC can get this lucky again, I'm taking the whole team to the gambling boat with me next time I go.

Sours grapes. Give LCC some credit. They beat you with two freshmen and an 8th grader starting.
And guess what, Last time i checked, YOU GO BY THE RUNS ON THE SCOREBOARD IN WHICH UMMMMM..J.C. HAD 0! LCC HAD 1...MEANING A LCC VICTORY!!!!!!! Defense is part of the game and needless to say Coach Dean done his homework as he had the players in the right position the ENTIRE game! Fyffe is a GREAT pitcher indeed, but baseball is baseball and tonight was LCC's night! Bring it home tomorrow boys! GO COUGARS!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And guess what, Last time i checked, YOU GO BY THE RUNS ON THE SCOREBOARD IN WHICH UMMMMM..J.C. HAD 0! LCC HAD 1...MEANING A LCC VICTORY!!!!!!! Defense is part of the game and needless to say Coach Dean done his homework as he had the players in the right position the ENTIRE game! Fyffe is a GREAT pitcher indeed, but baseball is baseball and tonight was LCC's night! Bring it home tomorrow boys! GO COUGARS!
That's right, and I think that is exactly what I said.

I know it feels good to win a big game, And I dont blame you for being happy and supportive, but to make the statement that you were all over Fyffe is completely untrue. You were not able to do anything at all with him. That's all I wanted to point out.

The thing that makes baseball a great game is there are many facets to the game and mutitudes of ways to win them and to loose them.

Again , very well coached game and a tremendous defensive effort.
Fundamentals were the key. Both teams were coached very well tonight. The only difference was one team executed and the other didn't. Two very key situations we didn't get the bunt down and LC did. Matt did not deserve this loss but LC didn't either. I don't know about everyone else but I got my seven dollars worth! Congrats to LC.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That's right, and I think that is exactly what I said.

I know it feels good to win a big game, And I dont blame you for being happy and supportive, but to make the statement that you were all over Fyffe is completely untrue. You were not able to do anything at all with him. That's all I wanted to point out.

The thing that makes baseball a great game is there are many facets to the game and mutitudes of ways to win them and to loose them.

Again , very well coached game and a tremendous defensive effort.
I agree, Fyffe was outstanding and more timely hitting and baserunning would have given a better result for the Eagles. Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. Got my $7 worth tonight.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Fundamentals were the key. Both teams were coached very well tonight. The only difference was one team executed and the other didn't. Two very key situations we didn't get the bunt down and LC did. Matt did not deserve this loss but LC didn't either. I don't know about everyone else but I got my seven dollars worth! Congrats to LC.

Good point EP. Very Key.
When you get this far every game should be played and coached this well. LCC didn't get here on a fluke and neither did JC. JC will have Blanton on the hill tomorrow. I heard LCC held their ace, so I expect another dandy.
Real nice defensive effort by LCC and outstanding pitching on BOTH sides. Not being sour, jus wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the lack of a dugout fence. I know it not listed as requirement for postseason play on KHSAA website, but dont you think the lack of one really played a crucial part in the 8th? again, not sour about it, jus checking everyones thoughts on it.
Curious to see how the Eagles react now with their backs against the wall. Winning the 1st game of a 3 game series is huge and now JC has to come out and play good ball to continue their season.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:When you get this far every game should be played and coached this well. LCC didn't get here on a fluke and neither did JC. JC will have Blanton on the hill tomorrow. I heard LCC held their ace, so I expect another dandy.
That's kind of what I thought LC might do, but I heard conflicting reports tonight from LC people that tonights pitcher could be their ace. Perhaps some of the other LC fans on here could offer their thoughts on this one.
my bad, guys, but had another question. did anyone happen to watch the runner on third on the scoring play? was it a safety or a true suicide? either way, a nice call by the coaching staff, but to call a true suey there is even better! thanks
Looked like a suicide.
Made me want to commit sucide! Great game tonight. All the credit goes to the Defense of LCC. They played their butts off and JC just couldn't come up with the big hit, great teams have to find a way to win and LCC did that. This series is by no means over though.
Not saying this is going to happen, but JC is very capable of winning the next two nights and I hope they can. They will throw Blanton tomorrow and I'm sure he'll be on his game. Then the next night they have several guys that can go out there and be successful. About the ball going into the dugout causing concern for fences to prevent something like that from happening, like Mr. Kimball said that's part of the game. If you let your gaurd down at any moment anything can happen for better or worse. Its just awful that something like that can happen giving you the loss despite having an excellent preformance by your team all night long. Best of luck to JC tomorrow night.
This is one of the best baseball games that I have ever seen. Fyffe pitched a great game with 16 k's, 3 hits, and 0 ER but JC's offense couldent score one run. Schyler Sexton for LCC pitched with Fyffe through the first 7 innings with neither team allowing a run. in the 8th inning LCC's Tanner Sexton reached on an error were JC's shortstop threw the ball in the dugout wiched moved him to 2nd base. then Schyler Sexton moved him to third on a bunt. then Chase Adams layed down a perfect suicide squeeze to win the game.
Now Fyffe cant pitch in game 2 (or game 3 if neccesary). looks good for LCC.
Sounds like a great game. Congrats, Cougars. I'll be watching tomorrow. Good luck to both teams.
i told everyone LCC could get the job done if JC couldnt produce runs which im not saying that they cant but the only time i saw them play they struggled getting runs across the plate...this completely changes the complexion of the series, and even admitingly what i thought would happen, i thought if Letcher had to win they would have to win the last two games and just suffer a loss to Fyffe. I see Letcher losing the next game with Blanton on the hill, and then its just to close to call but if i was a betting man i would put my money on JC because i think in the long run they do have more talent and definitely way more big game experience...going to choose my words carefully though this IS baseball
Just thought id through this in but when LC and JC met last time LC scored 3 runs on Blanton and they where playing bad baseball then. So i look for LC to win this series in 2 games we have the hard one past us now! Blanton looks pittiful compared to Fyffe. Go Cougars!
-Cougar Pride
Also wheres the love for Schlyer Sexton he pitched one of the guttiest games I've seen in a long time. The coaching staff had pitcher Brady Collins warming up i think 5 times but each time Sexton refused to come out and in the 8th inning he Finished off the complete game shut out obviously in imense pain. Kudos to Sky on the great game!
Cougar Pride Wrote:Just thought id through this in but when LC and JC met last time LC scored 3 runs on Blanton and they where playing bad baseball then. So i look for LC to win this series in 2 games we have the hard one past us now! Blanton looks pittiful compared to Fyffe. Go Cougars!
-Cougar Pride

Ok, if Blanton is so pittiful then explain to me why he is going to Marietta College to continue his playing career? They must have liked something about him and just to be even looked at by them is an honor. 2006 DIII National Champions and just this past season they were ranked 7th in the nation heading into the DIII College World Series. He also has been a key player to the Huntington Hounds summer baseball team for the past several years, including a trip to the World Series a couple of years ago I believe in Detroit. To say he is pittiful is a smack in the face to one of the hardest working and level headed kids you'll ever meet.
i didnt say he was pittiful hes a very good pitcher but Fyffe is MIND BLOWING at least for Eastern Ky. I'm just comparing him to Fyffe, which is realy unfair because you cant compare fyffe to anyone around here. He's just so good no one looks good compared to him. ...........once again compared to fyffe everyone looks pittiful for goodness sakes he threw 93!