Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th All-Star Team
Anyone have a list of who made this team?
[SIZE=2]Here is the Junior All Stars
Josh Napier, Estill Co.
Blake Christopher, Estill Co.
Ryan Boain, Estill Co.
Bart Teague, Hazard
Chris Puckett, Jenkins
Josh Drake, Lee Co.
Ryan Couch, Leslie Co.
Colton Cook, Letcher Central
Cory Brewer, Powell Co.
Devon Pelfrey, Powell Co.
Daniel Kinser, Powell, Co.
Seth Proffitt, Powell Co.
Wes Epperson, Breathitt Co.
Zack Hurt, Cordia
Eric Grimm, Jenkins
Coach Scott Anderson
[/SIZE]
daynightdh Wrote:[SIZE=2]Here is the Junior All Stars
Josh Napier, Estill Co.
Blake Christopher, Estill Co.
Ryan Boain, Estill Co.
Bart Teague, Hazard
Chris Puckett, Jenkins
Josh Drake, Lee Co.
Ryan Couch, Leslie Co.
Colton Cook, Letcher Central
Cory Brewer, Powell Co.
Devon Pelfrey, Powell Co.
Daniel Kinser, Powell, Co.
Seth Proffitt, Powell Co.
Wes Epperson, Breathitt Co.
Zack Hurt, Cordia
Eric Grimm, Jenkins
Coach Scott Anderson
[/SIZE]

Seniors
Tyler Sewell (Estill)
Eric Kirby (Estill)
A.J. Spare (Hazard)
Jared Meehan (Hazard)
Colby Hoskins (Hazard)
Schyler Sexton (Letcher)
Jonathon Tucker (Letcher)
John Couch (Perry)
Ronnie Noplis (Perry)
Corey Benningfield (Powell)
Matt Reed (Powell)
Ryan Hall (Knott)
Nick Shuler (Lee Co.)
Timmy Baker (Leslie Co.)
Trey Congleton (Owsley)

Let the debate begin.
baseball_dad Wrote:Seniors
Tyler Sewell (Estill)
Eric Kirby (Estill)
A.J. Spare (Hazard)
Jared Meehan (Hazard)
Colby Hoskins (Hazard)
Schyler Sexton (Letcher)
Jonathon Tucker (Letcher)
John Couch (Perry)
Ronnie Noplis (Perry)
Corey Benningfield (Powell)
Matt Reed (Powell)
Ryan Hall (Knott)
Nick Shuler (Lee Co.)
Timmy Baker (Leslie Co.)
Trey Congleton (Owsley)

Let the debate begin.

thats a hell of a list of players.
There's a couple of players that shouldn't be on this list. One had over 30 errors and batted under .250. While the other is kin to a coach. Go figure.
looks good to me!
baseball_dad Wrote:There's a couple of players that shouldn't be on this list. One had over 30 errors and batted under .250. While the other is kin to a coach. Go figure.

I take it you're not a fan of the Meehan's or the Hazard players that made the team? I would have to say Spare is top 5 player in the region.
Tucker has a cannon! But how can you leave Jon Adams off of this list! I would say this boy is the best all around player in the Region or at least Top 3!!~
Survivor Wrote:I take it you're not a fan of the Meehan's or the Hazard players that made the team? I would have to say Spare is top 5 player in the region.

AJ is a very good player. I don't have a problem with him at all. But the past two years Meehan was selected over better players. Coach Meehan has a stranglehold over some of these so called "coaches" that it's pathetic. I know of 3 players that should have been selected over Jared. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
baseball_dad Wrote:AJ is a very good player. I don't have a problem with him at all. But the past two years Meehan was selected over better players. Coach Meehan has a stranglehold over some of these so called "coaches" that it's pathetic. I know of 3 players that should have been selected over Jared. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I would agree with that. Spare definitely and I could think of a couple that could replace the other two.
I thought that Smith from KCC should have been selected.
Its not all about stats anyways
I disagree with what you saying baseball_dad. I live in Hazard and get to watch HHS and PCC play. How you gonna dog Jared and Colby and say they shouldn't have made this team when you didnt even watch them play. I saw in the newspaper where Jared signed to play college baseball and Colby im sure will too. In the Hazard Herald and it said Jared batted around .350, 34 hits, 20 some rbi, and 19 stolen bases. Why doesnt he deserve to be on this team? Because he is the coaches son, hes probably had the most pressure on him to succeed than any kid in the region.
TheSpectator313 Wrote:I disagree with what you saying baseball_dad. I live in Hazard and get to watch HHS and PCC play. How you gonna dog Jared and Colby and say they shouldn't have made this team when you didnt even watch them play. I saw in the newspaper where Jared signed to play college baseball and Colby im sure will too. In the Hazard Herald and it said Jared batted around .350, 34 hits, 20 some rbi, and 19 stolen bases. Why doesnt he deserve to be on this team? Because he is the coaches son, hes probably had the most pressure on him to succeed than any kid in the region.

34 hits and a .350 BA? He would have to have had, at least, 90 at bats.

I've watched Hazard play 3-4 times. And I didn't say anything about Colby.

How about these stats? .492 BA, 20+ runs, 20 stolen bases, and a 23 game hitting streak. Also this kid was out for a week or so and his team went 0-5 without him. Does this sound like a player that deserves to be on the team to you? There's quite a few people, including his parents that are feeling he got cheated by his coach and the other so called "Coaches" in the region so that others that don't deserve to be can be seen. Let me give these idiots a clue on the process. If the kid can't play ball he isn't going to be signed to no college. Just because they're on a All Star team doesn't mean jack crap. One player on this team has had over 30 errors and caused his team to lose a few games. How's that deserving? It's all political and who you are. Thanks God the 15th knows how to do it. Every player on the 15th Region All Star team deserves to be there.

I'm done!
Congrats to Jared, BTW.
For several years I have watched AJ, Colby and Jared give everything they have in them to the sport they love. I am proud of all three of these young men and wish them the best!
Maybe the guy with the lower batting average saw better competition and better pitching.
RollEm97 Wrote:Maybe the guy with the lower batting average saw better competition and better pitching.

Nope. He's on the same team as this other kid.
Really. Well im confused then lol.
Let's just say that this team was eliminated in the first round of their district by a team that shares the same name with a college close to them. I believe Chevy had a car by this nane as well.

2nd hint: KCC
ohhh i c then
baseball_dad Wrote:34 hits and a .350 BA? He would have to have had, at least, 90 at bats.

I've watched Hazard play 3-4 times. And I didn't say anything about Colby.

How about these stats? .492 BA, 20+ runs, 20 stolen bases, and a 23 game hitting streak. Also this kid was out for a week or so and his team went 0-5 without him. Does this sound like a player that deserves to be on the team to you? There's quite a few people, including his parents that are feeling he got cheated by his coach and the other so called "Coaches" in the region so that others that don't deserve to be can be seen. Let me give these idiots a clue on the process. If the kid can't play ball he isn't going to be signed to no college. Just because they're on a All Star team doesn't mean jack crap. One player on this team has had over 30 errors and caused his team to lose a few games. How's that deserving? It's all political and who you are. Thanks God the 15th knows how to do it. Every player on the 15th Region All Star team deserves to be there.

I'm done!

This happens everywhere and I bet there are parents in the 15th who would agree. I dont' think you can speak for all the 15th region. You may think you know everything, but I would bet your wrong in saying, "Every player on the 15th deserves to be there". Why such a chip on your shoulder?
People get overlooked in every region just part of it....some coaches just cant do not know about whats going on with players on certain teams..may not have played them throughout the year
Survivor Wrote:This happens everywhere and I bet there are parents in the 15th who would agree. I dont' think you can speak for all the 15th region. You may think you know everything, but I would bet your wrong in saying, "Every player on the 15th deserves to be there". Why such a chip on your shoulder?

Because I feel that kids should be nominated and placed on an all star team because of what he has done and accomplished through the season. Not because of who he is or what that player's parent/s have done for the coach.

I'll stand by statement about the 15th. EVERY KID DESERVED TO BE ON THAT TEAM.
RollEm97 Wrote:People get overlooked in every region just part of it....some coaches just cant do not know about whats going on with players on certain teams..may not have played them throughout the year

Like I said in the above statement, kids are nominated and voted on. A certain coach only nominated one kid on his team. IMO, he could have, and should have nominated 2 players. Neither one is the one on the 14th roster. But, that's how it goes. I'm sure the kid knows he was blackballed by his coach and shares the happiness that he never has to be coached by him again. So it goes....
I've been reading through this thread and I am just disgusted. While I don't agree with all the players, they are not for me to judge whether they are deserving or not.

And I don't know where baseball dad is getting his info. He's wrong. I kept stats for KCC as a hobby while watching games and for the boys in general. And let me say that the player in question, KCC, deserved to be on the 14th All Region. And I do believe that Brandon Smith did deserve to be on the team. I did state in another thread that he didn't care. He's focusing on his college career. So, stop all this nonsense. You are probably some kid that likes to talk trash and knows nothing from beans and rice. I'll apologize for the KCC team. This kid did not deserve what was said.
Alot of times though a kid might make the all star team because his coach was wanting to get him more attention from college scouts because a player who may be better than him has already signed and the other kid needs a place to go play ball, ive seen it a thousand times.
RollEm97 Wrote:Alot of times though a kid might make the all star team because his coach was wanting to get him more attention from college scouts because a player who may be better than him has already signed and the other kid needs a place to go play ball, ive seen it a thousand times.
Havent we all...lol