Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13-16 rankings
I keep seeing about 15th, but would love to know your thoughts on the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th region rankings. Seeings as that’s a pod this year for the new sectionals. Let’s hear some thoughts on the regions.
Whitley County Colonels in the 13th !
14th

hazard
pcc
estill
breathitt
knott
powell
letcher
leslie
wolfe
lee
Owsley
buckhorn
Jackson city
cordia
Best teams in each region in my opinion are:
13- Knox Central
14- Hazard
15- Johnson Central
16- Raceland

Each of those regions has at least one very good team in them that will push those 4 teams. Whitley will push Knox in the 13th, Perry Central will give Hazard a run in the 14th, Lawrence County can beat anyone in the state with their pitching but I believe Johnson Central is the better overall team in the 15th, and Rowan will give Raceland all they want in the 16th. Those 4 regional tournaments should be fun to watch.
There is really no true best team in the 16th.

Ashland,Raceland,Russell,Rowan County, and I'd say Boyd County Can win the region.

If I had to rank them right now I'd say Ashland is the best team, but the teams I mentioned can all beat each other. The region is wide open.

Ashland already beat Rowan 3-1.

Raceland only beat Russell 11-10 tonight and they play again tomorrow.

In the end there is not much separation between the top teams.
Rowan Co beats Russell 12-0 in 5 innings. Rowan hit 3 bombs. On the same day Mason Co. beats Russel 2-1.
The Mason County game is a real head scratcher especially after Russell blasted them 14-0 at Mason County on April 9th in 5 innings. Russell only lost 10-3 to Louisville Trinity who was ranked #1 in the state at the time. Russell is capable of playing a lot better than they did against Rowan County and Mason County for sure.
I don’t think anyone should sleep on Boyd County in the 16th. In a one game showdown they could surprise several teams.