Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCHS head coach
Applicants will be interviewed tomorrow and the girls should have a coach by Wednesday. Almost as soon as the annoucement is made Ill post who gets the job.
Any Word Yet
any word yet? just wondering if BUTCHER interviewed for the job
valleyrules101 Wrote:any word yet? just wondering if BUTCHER interviewed for the job

Heard that he did interview and it is up to him whether he wants it or not.
good luck with the new coach!
This is getting out of hand. They still haven't hired a coach. The boards office is playing this out a lot longer than need be. But they have been known to be good at that.
what could they be waiting on
valleyrules101 Wrote:what could they be waiting on
Who knows? But they did this with the boys job too, even though everyone knew who would get it. This is ridiculous.
I've seen them at the Pikeville camp the past few days, Who is the coach for the summer games?
clipperw Wrote:I've seen them at the Pikeville camp the past few days, Who is the coach for the summer games?
Robin Harmon has been coaching the girls.
Darren Rice was officially named the new Sheldon Clark Lady Cards Head Coach today. He met up with the players when they arrived back at the school from Pikeville Camp. :Thumbs:
Congrats Coach Rice!!!! I know you will do a great job!!!
cards_athlete Wrote:This is getting out of hand. They still haven't hired a coach. The boards office is playing this out a lot longer than need be. But they have been known to be good at that.

Who is this guy? What experience does he have? I know that SC looked great in camp. The freshman girl has to be in the top ten players in the region! Good luck Sc!
hootie Wrote:Who is this guy? What experience does he have? I know that SC looked great in camp. The freshman girl has to be in the top ten players in the region! Good luck Sc!

Darrin Rice
D.O.B. 9-19-1968
JCHS and Morehead grad
Coaching Experience:
1990-1993 W.R. Castle Elementary
1994-1998 Johnson County Middle School (Boys)
1999-2000 Johnson County Middle School (Girls)
2000-2004 Johnson Central High School (Boys Assistant)
2004-2007 Johnson County Middle School (Girls)
2004-2007 Johnson Central High School (Boys Assistant)

Son of former JCHS Assistant Coach, Clarence Darrell Rice

Coached 2004 Kentucky Middle School Girls State Champs

Pastor of Meades Branch Church in Lawrence County

Good Luck Coach
Congratulations Sheldon Clark.You are getting a great basketball TEACHER.And a great person.
Congrats Coach and best of luck next year.
Congrats on the new coach girls....Sounds like you all will have a great season...plenty of talent and a new coach for a fresh start!!!!!!!!!!!
what happened to butcher getting it?
Go Coach Rice!!! I wil miss you though.
valleyrules101 Wrote:what happened to butcher getting it?

He decided he didn't want it. Congrats to the Lady Cards! Your future looks bright!
Good Luck Coach Rice!!!!
SC Fans are infor a real treat!!!!!!!!!!!! Coach Rice is run and gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
Congrats!!!! Coach Rice!!!!
valleyrules101 Wrote:what happened to butcher getting it?

He got his rehire letter from Pike Co. and wanted to remain with his team at Pike Central.
Congrats to Coach Rice.
Coach Rice will give all the fans at S.C.H.S. something to talk about!! He knows the game and most of all loves to win.He is a fiery competitor with unwavering loyalty to his team!!! Congrats Coach Rice and best of luck as you enhance a girls program already steeped in a winning tradition!!!
Congratulations Darren!!! He's going to make a great coach!!!
Congrats Lady Cards!!!!
Plenty of Talent...New Coach...New start!! GOOD LUCK!:Thumbs:
denver fan Wrote:Go Coach Rice!!! I wil miss you though.

With you saying that, I'm going to say this. First congrats to Darren and I wish him the best of luck. What has arose in my head with you saying that, did he leave his teaching position in the Johnson County School System?
Maybe he can stem the tide of students leaving Martin County. I believe Martin County deserves a new school and all new facilities. It's past time that a county that has produced as many dollars for Kentucky, and for a few folks from Martin County plus can boast of being home of the RNC's National Chairman and they don't have the best? C'mon Martin Countains, stop being satisfied with crumbs and hold people's feet to the fire for the good of your children! This hire, with Rice, is a nice jumping off spot! It's time to take a stand. Winning makes the BEST PLATFORM from which to call the shots! Good Luck Coach Rice, there's no better place for you to begin.