Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY All Stars Top TN All Stars Article
USA Today Article
Kentucky tops Tennessee in All-Star football battlePosteddocument.write(niceDate('6/15/2007 11:49 PM')); 2h 19m ago | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print | [Image: http://images.usatoday.com/marketing/_images/rssbox.gif]

swapContent('firstHeader','applyHeader');LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Keith Tandy is ready for the next level.
Tandy concluded his prep career on Friday night, throwing for 113 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Kentucky All-Stars to a 38-24 win over Tennessee.
"It's great," said Tandy, a University of West Virginia signee and named his team's most valuable player. "My teammates were out there making plays, and we worked together as a team. It just shows me that I can play at the next level and I'm ready for what lies ahead."
Kentucky trailed 21-10 at halftime but outscored Tennessee 28-3 in the second half for the team's fifth win in the last six games between the border rivals.
Tandy directed the decisive drive with a 23-yard touchdown pass to Kentucky Mr. Football and Louisville-bound Douglas Beaumont with 6:25 remaining. The successful scoring strike broke a 24-24 deadlock, giving Kentucky a 31-24 lead.
FIND MORE STORIES IN: Tennessee | Kentucky | Rogan | Nick Petrino | Tandy
"It's a great win," Tandy said. "It feels good because it's your last high school game, and it prepares you before you go off to college."
Kentucky completed the successful comeback on Vic Anderson's 2-yard score with 1:07 left for the final margin.
Tandy said Kentucky played more relaxed in the second half.
"At first, we were a little shaky, but in the second half, we got loose and just played the game," Tandy said.
Beaumont had 90 yards on 11 carries and 83 yards on five passes. Anderson added 57 yards and scored three touchdowns for Kentucky, which rushed for 255 yards.
Anderson tied an all-star scoring record with his three scores, as Kentucky set a game record with 449 yards, including 296 in the second half, eclipsing the previous mark of 445 yards set by Tennessee in 1994. Tennessee had 349 yards.
Dennis Rogan, who has signed to play at Tennessee, rushed for an all-star record 174 yards, including 113 in the opening half. Rogan, who was named his team's most valuable player, broke the previous all-star record of 172 yards set by Kentucky's Arliss Beach in 2002.
Despite his record-breaking performance, Rogan was disappointed with the loss.
"It felt good to run behind a good team and offensive line," he said. "It didn't feel good to come out of here without winning, that doesn't feel good."
Kentucky overcame three interceptions, including two thrown by starter Nick Petrino.
An interception by Ryan Beard set up a 34-yard field goal by Casey Tinius with 3:27 remaining that gave Kentucky a 3-0 advantage.
Petrino, son of Atlanta Falcons coach Bobby Petrino, completed two passes to Beaumont during the drive, including a 12-yard completion on the first play of the series. On Kentucky's first play from scrimmage, Petrino's pass was picked off by Tyree Ford in the end zone.
On the ensuing series, Jared Troutman connected on an 11-yard touchdown strike to Anthony Anderson on a fourth-and-10 play from the Kentucky 11-yard line, giving Tennessee a 7-3 lead. Chris Shiverdecker highlighted the drive with a 35-yard run.
Tandy replaced Petrino on Kentucky's third series and directed a successful scoring drive, capped by Vic Anderson's 1-yard run. Tandy set up the score with a 25-yard run on third-and-long.
Tennessee followed up Kentucky's score with a 1-yard run by Rogan for a 14-10 advantage with 4:58 remaining in the half. Shiverdecker set up the score with a 32-yard run during the drive.
On Tennessee's next drive, Shiverdecker crossed the goal-line on a 2-yard run with 38 seconds left for Tennessee's halftime advantage.
Kentucky narrowed the margin to 21-17 on Tandy's 12-yard touchdown strike to Tim Huguley with 8:31 remaining in the third quarter.
Tennessee added to its lead on Logan O'Conner's 45-yard field goal with 11:55 left for a 24-17 advantage.
Kentucky tied the score at 24-24 on Vic Anderson's 23-yard run with 9:24 remaining.
Tennessee outgained Kentucky 236-153 in the first half.
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I dont know much about the law but i think you just " published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed" the material...
Hmmm, I hope its all on the up and up, I stated where it came from. If its not done right I do hope one of the mods can fix
Way to come back and kick butt Kentucky.
As I saw the game it was a great day for Kentucky kids.... They were undersized, overmatched and kept the game in stride the entire time. Douglas Beumont was the real deal and so was Tandy. Pretty cool that my son got one of his gloves from the game. Nice kid. Beumonts mom was talking about dedicating your life to your children and that it will pay off. Just being there and giving your children opportunities is what makes them better. She said that they have a 2001 van with 186,000 miles on it from all the sports he does.(Beumont). Great game and a great way to spend a fathersday weekend. OH my son has a football with all the KY boys signature..Starting bid 25,000.00 anyone interested???
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
congrats KY
Wes Woods started and played very good at defensive tackle...had several tackles!!!
Congrats Ky, Very Proud of the Boys!
Benchwarmer Wrote:congrats KY

agreed