Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feds released 168,000 illegal immigrant family members into communities
Sci-Fi Wrote:Just because people migrate here doesn't mean they're going to stay here. Some may come in, get the best education and training they can, then go back to their home country. That doesn't mean we're going to have 7 billion people living in the United States. Although I think the southern and midwestern areas are capable of holding a lot of people did decide to come here.

And yes, the Republican Party is anti-immigration. Just because somebody is undocumented doesn't mean they deserve to be kicked out.
The overwhelming majority of the illiterate non-English speakers entering this country illegally from central America and Mexico have absolutely no interest in getting an education, learning English, or returning to the hell holes from whence they came. If you had any experience with dealing with illegal aliens whose populations are concentrated in neighborhoods where English is a second language, when English is spoken at all, you would understand that to be the case.

Of course, there are always exceptions to any characterization within a large population such as the millions of illegal aliens in this country - but the one thing that they all have in common is that they break the law when they enter this country, which makes them criminals.

This country has enough native born criminals without importing more. Ironically, legal immigrants to this country have to be very careful to get every i dotted and t crossed on their "documents," or they can find themselves on the outside looking in for very minor transgressions.

Illegal aliens need to go home and those who hire them, help them steal government benefits, and hide from immigration authorities should be penalized in the same way that any other accomplice to crimes are penalized.
Then explain why universities are so full of international students if the majority of the "illiterate" non-English speakers don't care about education.

If getting away from a bad home makes them criminals then they should proudly take that title. Still beats where they came from before.
Sci-Fi Wrote:Then explain why universities are so full of international students if the majority of the "illiterate" non-English speakers don't care about education.

If getting away from a bad home makes them criminals then they should proudly take that title. Still beats where they came from before.
Most international college students are in this country legally and most of them are fluent in English. Those who are not here legally should be sent home to make room for American students and international students who have the legal right to be in this country.
Why not we just accept both, documented and undocumented?
Sci-Fi Wrote:Why not we just accept both, documented and undocumented?
Good night. You've wasted enough of my time for one day.
Hoot, I have an open mind toward the perspectives of TRT. Why don't you have one toward mine?

I'm just saying we should accept both documented and undocumented immigrants. People who are escaping a difficult situation to come to the United States.
^^ A nation could no more extend immigration privileges to both documented and undocumented, than financial institutions could for account holders and bank robbers. One is legal one is criminal. Your position on this matter is beyond absurd.

AFTR--- At what point was my back against the wall on the matter of illegal immigration and by whom?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's not criminal when the borders are open. That's just it, we need to allow everyone in but vet them.

Back against the wall, I meant that I had an open mind toward you and Hoot. I actually used to have similar beliefs to you guys. I opened my mind and realized they weren't right.
Sci-Fi Wrote:It's not criminal when the borders are open. That's just it, we need to allow everyone in but vet them.

Back against the wall, I meant that I had an open mind toward you and Hoot. I actually used to have similar beliefs to you guys. I opened my mind and realized they weren't right.

Thanks for being civil.

BATW--- well, you must admit you're having to sidestep some very real facts while clinging to these new found feelings you harbor. Said feelings are ungrounded in law or the teachings of Christ BTW. For example, these border insurgents, far and away mostly men, are these days 'borrowing' children from any source imaginable to use as props. They're NOT families. Additionally, nationalities from all over the world have been found among them. have you forgotten the lessons of 911 so soon? Answer, yes. And because the Drug Cartels actually run the border on the Mexican side, drugs and sex slaves pour across as well. I wonder which part of your mind you really opened up?

Immigration laws are still on the books, they stand firm. The methods by which border control agents are permitted to enforce those laws is what has changed. Liberals play that game all the time. After 8 years of the best propaganda and the full cooperation of the press that money could buy during the Obama administration, they still couldn't quite manage to take the guns. So they tried a new tack. They used the EPA to close down the lead smelters with emissions regulations, and passed further regulations banning the release of lead into the environment. Spent bullets. Where the dubious global warming is concerned there too emissions regs are at the tip of the spear for forced submission to reduce our so-called, carbon footprint. Similarly the border control have been regulated into submission, as are we, on the matter of illegal immigration. And that not on the humanitarian grounds being put out there on the daily talking point sheet. No, they're trying to terraform red states to blue, using millions of illegals. The level of deceit here is only exceeded by the level of most folks naïveté.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Thanks for being civil.

BATW--- well, you must admit you're having to sidestep some very real facts while clinging to these new found feelings you harbor. Said feelings are ungrounded in law or the teachings of Christ BTW. For example, these border insurgents, far and away mostly men, are these days 'borrowing' children from any source imaginable to use as props. They're NOT families. Additionally, nationalities from all over the world have been found among them. have you forgotten the lessons of 911 so soon? Answer, yes. And because the Drug Cartels actually run the border on the Mexican side, drugs and sex slaves pour across as well. I wonder which part of your mind you really opened up?

Immigration laws are still on the books, they stand firm. The methods by which border control agents are permitted to enforce those laws is what has changed. Liberals play that game all the time. After 8 years of the best propaganda and the full cooperation of the press that money could buy during the Obama administration, they still couldn't quite manage to take the guns. So they tried a new tack. They used the EPA to close down the lead smelters with emissions regulations, and passed further regulations banning the release of lead into the environment. Spent bullets. Where the dubious global warming is concerned there too emissions regs are at the tip of the spear for forced submission to reduce our so-called, carbon footprint. Similarly the border control have been regulated into submission, as are we, on the matter of illegal immigration. And that not on the humanitarian grounds being put out there on the daily talking point sheet. No, they're trying to terraform red states to blue, using millions of illegals. The level of deceit here is only exceeded by the level of most folks naïveté.

Full cooperation of the press? Fox News reported against Obama all the time!
Sci-Fi Wrote:Full cooperation of the press? Fox News reported against Obama all the time!

No, they didn't. Whereas CNBC, MSNBC et-al, hedged every possible story which might have had the slightest hint of bad news for Mr Obama, Fox News actually reported the facts and let the chips fall where they may. Huge difference.

I stand by my post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:No, they didn't. Whereas CNBC, MSNBC et-al, hedged every possible story which might have had the slightest hint of bad news for Mr Obama, Fox News actually reported the facts and let the chips fall where they may. Huge difference.

I stand by my post.

CNBC, MSNBC, they aren't biased at all. There are certain ethical standards national media outlets have to meet to maintain everything. If they weren't meeting these standards then they would be shut down. That even includes Fox.
Sci-Fi Wrote:CNBC, MSNBC, they aren't biased at all. There are certain ethical standards national media outlets have to meet to maintain everything. If they weren't meeting these standards then they would be shut down. That even includes Fox.

I smell a familiar rat. I wondered why you suddenly got all mushy on me and telling Hoot about how you had an open mind toward my perspectives.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I smell a familiar rat. I wondered why you suddenly got all mushy on me and telling Hoot about how you had an open mind toward my perspectives.

I am open to your perspectives. But sure enough I knew you, Hoot, and Bob Seger would be quick to promote Fox News while bashing the other media outlets, the main media outlets that we rely on.

What say you, O Sultan of Superfluity?
Sci-Fi Wrote:I am open to your perspectives. But sure enough I knew you, Hoot, and Bob Seger would be quick to promote Fox News while bashing the other media outlets, the main media outlets that we rely on.

I came on this site back in 2010 slamming the liberal media. remedial reading-wise free to avail yourself to that end and get back to me. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow, you've been here 9 years. Want a cookie?

Duck dive dip dodge TRT. No way you can prove Fox isn't Republican.
Sci-Fi Wrote:I am open to your perspectives. But sure enough I knew you, Hoot, and Bob Seger would be quick to promote Fox News while bashing the other media outlets, the main media outlets that we rely on.

If you expect people to take you seriously, then you should spend more time reading and much less time trolling. You will have to search way back to find a post where I have praised FNC. Trump should have paid Fox News for the active campaigning that the network did for him during the 2016 campaign. The same can be said of Hillary Clinton and the stable of "news" outlets that almost got her elected president.

However, anybody who believes that Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace are Republican shills is an idiot. Fox News is more balanced than MSNBC and CNN but that is not saying much.

As for minimum "standards" - there is no such thing for a cable news network. Over the air broadcast stations must periodically reapply for licenses, but cable channels are not subject to any such restraints. News networks, if they ever existed, are a thing of the past.
I'll spend my time however I dang well please and if you and TRT expect me to take either one of you seriously then you should read and be open to what I have to say. We actually do agree on Trump. Fox and Friends pretty much helped him market to a mass audience. The other networks didn't give Hillary as much credibility as you claim they do.

MSNBC has a slight left lean and CNN leans to the center. Are you sure that this kind of licensing and standards don't exist Hoot? Because I would be willing to bet that there are some kind of ethical standards you have to meet in a profession. Nursing or railroading, for example, both professions require heavy dedication and meeting an educational standard each year. Same for media outlets. Unionized professions, especially, have heavy requirements in that regard.

https://ethicaljournalismnetwork.org/who...journalism

Oh wait, now you'll probably find some kind flaw. Perhaps this is a liberal website too. :hilarious:
Sci-Fi Wrote:I'll spend my time however I dang well please and if you and TRT expect me to take either one of you seriously then you should read and be open to what I have to say. We actually do agree on Trump. Fox and Friends pretty much helped him market to a mass audience. The other networks didn't give Hillary as much credibility as you claim they do.

MSNBC has a slight left lean and CNN leans to the center. Are you sure that this kind of licensing and standards don't exist Hoot? Because I would be willing to bet that there are some kind of ethical standards you have to meet in a profession. Nursing or railroading, for example, both professions require heavy dedication and meeting an educational standard each year. Same for media outlets. Unionized professions, especially, have heavy requirements in that regard.

https://ethicaljournalismnetwork.org/who...journalism

Oh wait, now you'll probably find some kind flaw. Perhaps this is a liberal website too. :hilarious:
You made the claim about minimum journalistic standards. It's your job to support your own baseless claims. The government does not license journalists because that would be a First Amendment infringement that even a liberal Supreme Court Justice would recognize.

As for liberal vs. conservative website, it does not matter whose opinion you post, two people's opinion are no more likely to be well founded than one.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You made the claim about minimum journalistic standards. It's your job to support your own baseless claims. The government does not license journalists because that would be a First Amendment infringement that even a liberal Supreme Court Justice would recognize.

As for liberal vs. conservative website, it does not matter whose opinion you post, two people's opinion are no more likely to be well founded than one.

So then it's okay if you or TRT share a link from Fox News?

Fox News the more you watch the less you know
Sci-Fi Wrote:So then it's okay if you or TRT share a link from Fox News?

Fox News the more you watch the less you know
I don't speak for TRT. As for me, I never confuse editorials with facts or fiction.
I never said it was fact or fiction. Great way to avoid debating.

Duck dive dip dodge