Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel opening??
Heard Marcum is definitely interested, this should be an easy hire somebody just keep Jimmy out of it please!!
Remember these names Shane Buttry and Steve Payne
Shane Buttry would be a great hire plus his son Turner would come to.
Any more news about the possibilities?
I'm not hearing alot, but I do hear that 4 big names are NOT going to put their name in the hat: Sheppard, Marcum, Justice, and Profitt.
What will Sheppard do?
Maybe Glenn Gray will be interested and put his name in the hat.
Billy Hicks to North, coaching position only. Look out.
Lol that would sure be a slap in the face to Scott County.
North has to pay the coaches if they want to keep them. Bell bought him because why would someone leave that talent? Check head high school basketball coach/other titles and see the pay.
In the last 8 years boys basketball is 103-138. Region 48-76. District regular season 16-32, 3-15 last 3 years. District tourney 0-8. NL graduate and Whitley Head Coach Jerry Overstay has to be the front runner for job.
Is that Sizemore's record? Has he been the coach 8 years? Overbay.......LoL I thought teams wanted to improve the coaching staffs. That would be a major step back.
Steve Payne!!!!!!!!!!!
Happyhour247 Wrote:In the last 8 years boys basketball is 103-138. Region 48-76. District regular season 16-32, 3-15 last 3 years. District tourney 0-8. NL graduate and Whitley Head Coach Jerry Overstay has to be the front runner for job.

WOW, Bell is pumped and paid for mediocrity?
TheColonel Wrote:WOW, Bell is pumped and paid for mediocrity?

That is Overbey at Whitley co resume not Sizemore
Platinum & Gold Wrote:That is Overbey at Whitley co resume not Sizemore

Ok! We have given up on basketball in Whitley a long time ago. Don't even keep up with it...why....Overbey
James Durham is the coach. Per KHSAA school directory.
Strikeout King Wrote:James Durham is the coach. Per KHSAA school directory.
james durham is the athletic director
ky playmaker Wrote:james durham is the athletic director
Yep. Pulling double duty.
Strikeout King Wrote:James Durham is the coach. Per KHSAA school directory.

Strikeout King Wrote:Yep. Pulling double duty.
take that down and on preps north has not hired anybody. jimmy durham name is just there as a contact email he is only the AD
ky playmaker Wrote:take that down and on preps north has not hired anybody. jimmy durham name is just there as a contact email he is only the AD

First off, who said I posted anything over there? Second off if hes not the coach then why would he list himself as the coach when his contact info is already listed as right above it as the AD? That doesn't make any sense to me.
They dont even have it listed that they are looking for a coach. How do you know hes not the coach?
Couple things.

1. You said he put that as contact info. His contact info is listed right above that.

2. He applied once Sizemore left for Bell County.

3. No one will contact them if they see him listed as the coach because they will think it's already filled.
Strikeout King Wrote:Couple things.

1. You said he put that as contact info. His contact info is listed right above that.

2. He applied once Sizemore left for Bell County.

3. No one will contact them if they see him listed as the coach because they will think it's already filled.

oh geez north took it off khsaa cause interviews are tom.
and no Jimmy durham DID NOT apply
Like i said how do you know?
I am from laurel co and you from estill I think I would hear first. plus I know 2 of the coaches that have interviews tom personally. you being from estill should know one coach very well
Who is interviewing?
I just got curious. So I looked. North made schedule a lot easier few years ago and stuck with it. It ain’t a secret. They have been 100 wins with only 31 loses in last 4 years. First four which includes the region championship he was 60-64. I dug a little deeper just to see how they done against what most feel been top teams most years. Not all. Burg was the bomb one year. Vs south in his 8 years 6-12. Last 12 south won 10. Sadly north 1-0 in the last time they played. 😩. 7-12 vs clay but are 5-3,in last 8. 4-8 vs Knox. Corbin only one they been 50 percent 4-4 but most years they have not scheduled Corbin. So 17-36 against those 4 teams in last 8 years. If my math is right.
WARNING:::if you had an IEP in school you must delete you account...