Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region.
Name up coming young players for 2019-20 basketball season in 15th region.
To many to name. Pikeville will have some new faces on next year’s squad that played excellent in the regional tournament last year as freshman. The team I wonder about is Paintsville. Keep hearing the tigers have an underclassman that is being recruited by power 5 teams but watching them implode the last 5 minutes of the regional semi final game last year left me with about 1000 questions.
I don't think a lot of people understand what it takes to play D 1 basketball.
4low Wrote:I don't think a lot of people understand what it takes to play D 1 basketball.

I agree with this 100 percent I will say there’s maybe 3 kids right now in the 15th that have a chance and that’s big time for this area. I think if Sammons from pikeville Fugate from Paintsvile and James from SC continue to develop and get stronger they have a chance at small D1
SouthEast18 Wrote:I agree with this 100 percent I will say there’s maybe 3 kids right now in the 15th that have a chance and that’s big time for this area. I think if Sammons from pikeville Fugate from Paintsvile and James from SC continue to develop and get stronger they have a chance at small D1
Add Brady Dingess from Paintsville to that list as well. Fugate has already been visiting some high D1 schools so don’t be surprised to see him land at a major program.
There’s not a kid in the 15th region that’s going to sign a D1 scholarship, please stop this madness :HitWall:
TigerBlues Wrote:There’s not a kid in the 15th region that’s going to sign a D1 scholarship, please stop this madness :HitWall:

Arent you just a ray of sunshine.....FYI there's several kids in the area that are D1 talent. Now S1 as in power 5 and D1 mid majors are 2 totally different animals... pike county has several D1 kids. Cody potter rylee Samons are D1 size and can shoot the lights out of the gym. Those 2 both can play at the D1 level especially if they keep improving...Laithan Hall has the D1 work ethic with the talent to build on. His size is his biggest question. As far as Floyd county. They are again without talent as a few schools may be lucky to send some kids to small NAIA then Johnson county. James kid at sheldon Clark is 6"10 and is getting better everyday. He needs to get stronger and work on his agility alot but still you cant teach height and that will help him to a small mid major D1 school that he can impact in his 3rd or 4th year there. Paintsville has a few. The dingus kid had 2 weakness last year 1 was size really cant do much about that and the other was strength and from what I've been told hes been working that. He has D1 skills but much like Hall his size hurts but both can play small D1 and have vital roles. Colby Fugate has the talent and size for a nice guard but not forsure if he has the work ethic to build on it. Not saying he doht just dont know much about the kid. And the last will be colbys younger brother Conner. He is more skilled than his older brother IMO. he can handle it better and shoot just as good. Has good size and better Defense. So the 15th region definitely has D1 talent. Esp in that 2022 class. If you look they have 3 kids ranked in top 20 in that state
TigerBlues Wrote:There’s not a kid in the 15th region that’s going to sign a D1 scholarship, please stop this madness :HitWall:

Wyatt Battalie is at a D1 program. Fugate couldn’t be as good as him? Kids a freshman. James is 6”10. Listen I’m not saying these kids are going to Kentucky lol. All I’m saying is it’s very possible a couple of them can play D1. Cameron Justice Elijah Justice and Landon slone did. A 6’6 sophomore Rylee Sammons might just get there. Colby Fugate is an athletic freak he could get there. Size will limit anyone else in my opinion but I don’t think it’s a crazy scenario at all
Add Jesse Muncy to the list of D-1 talent. Also, D-1 does not have to be a top 100 team or in a top conference for those who think there isn't D-1 talent in the region. I do believe there are a couple who can see playing time in C-USA.
BCF4L Wrote:Add Brady Dingess from Paintsville to that list as well. Fugate has already been visiting some high D1 schools so don’t be surprised to see him land at a major program.

Will Paintsville even have a program next year? I’m hearing some CRAZY stuff. I watched them completely self destruct last year and now since it’s not “working out” all these guys are transferring to JC? If it wasn’t true it would be laughable.
Going to a D1 and playing are two different things. Wyatt did not get very many minutes. His father has told people that Wyatt is in the transfer portal. Cameron, Elijah, and Landon played very little. Cameron has transferred and so did Elijah from UL. To no fault of these players and players that compete is the 15 now do not play against D1 competition night in and night out. They are lucky to be matched up with a player of their ability during an entire season. They might play against comemsorate players with a travel team. So, they are not pushed to improve very often. They are the fastest, strongest, and most talented player night in and night out. No one to challenge them. When and if they get that golden ticket to D1 what happens. They transfer to a NAIA school or come home and enroll at BSTC or UPike. Ou can fault them, they so u prepared for that shock of being at the same level or worse on the D1 court. They have to bust their $$$ every play, every drill, every day. Most become frustrated and wonder why am I here busting my $$$ every day away from my family and friends and play very little if any. It's just a natural occurrence. Great kids that get the shock of their life in the every turning drama of athletics.
I think Trey James has a real shot because of his size. He gets better at getting up and down the floor each year. I believe he’s something college coaches can work with.

Also — not every 15th Region recruit has been a flop. My personal favorite was a Hall of Famer at Marshall. Wink
it's hysterical. No program? Absolutely ridiculous.