Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Anybody Else Be At Bengals Training Camp?
ah man, its a free country, lol..but I hate the Bengals too, lol..should be a fun year for everybody though..
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Big Grin Sorry man! I just don't like the Settlers. I really don't think that the Bengals will have a problem. The Stellers may have the better defense but ole' sucko big ben is NOT a great QB and they won't outscore the Bengals. The Bengals have the better offense and I just think that the Steeler's awesome defense can't contain the Bengals elite offense. The games may be close but I think the Bengals will win. So I know it may seem like a leap of faith but I think that this Bengals team can do it ( at least they should be able to do it). WHO DEY! :letsparty
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol, your pretty much right Fritz..especially that last sentence. Whenever Pittsburgh and Cincy hooks up, you can expect big plays on offense AND defense, and a whole lot of times, special teams make or break your chances of winning (see Ricardo Colclough handing you all the game last year at Heinz, lol)..but no matter what, you can pretty much bank on a split between them. Some way Somehow, itll happen. On paper Cincy is world beaters, and if they were in the NFC, playing a predominately NFC schedule, I wouldnt hesitate to put them at 13-3 or somewhere around there, but the wear and tear in the AFC creates an anything goes end to a season. But, Cincy will sweep Cleveland, split against everybody else in the division. However, I think the top three teams in the division will split against each other as well. I dont think Baltimore is the superteam everybody is picking to win the division though. But all in all, its going to be a fun season. Although I completely disagree with the choice for the Steelers head coach (I was wanting Whisenhunt or Grimm), the Rooneys have proven me wrong before, lol..

Special teams gaffes gave you guys the game at Cincy last year, too, with Graham missing the game winning FG at the end (the only time all year he missed from within 40). Sad

Anyway, I do agree with you that Cincy, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore will all split each other, with Cleveland out of luck. I do think Cincy will win the division, though, and the difference is in the rest of the schedules. Excluding common opponents and each other, those 3 teams play 2 unique games apiece:
-----Cincy = Tennessee and KC
-----Balt. = Indy and SD
-----Pitt = Jax and Denver

Look at those games, and I see 2 wins for the Bengals, 2 losses for the Ravens, and a split for the Steelers. So the Bengals should take the division. Honestly, I don't think the Bengals could have asked for a better schedule this year.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i agree totally with you man...I couldnt believe he missed that FG either, lol..true, as much as I hate to (gulp..) admit..the division is theirs for the taking. I dont think Baltimore will win either of those two against Indy and SD..Pittsburgh will beat either one of those teams, but I agree, probably will lose the other. I think Cincy will have problems with Tennessee and KC, but SHOULD win both of those games. Marvin Lewis should send thanks every day of the freakin year to the schedule-making Gods above, lol
More Cowbell Wrote:Special teams gaffes gave you guys the game at Cincy last year, too, with Graham missing the game winning FG at the end (the only time all year he missed from within 40). Sad

Anyway, I do agree with you that Cincy, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore will all split each other, with Cleveland out of luck. I do think Cincy will win the division, though, and the difference is in the rest of the schedules. Excluding common opponents and each other, those 3 teams play 2 unique games apiece:
-----Balt. = Indy and SD

Look at those games, and I see 2 wins for the Bengals, 2 losses for the Ravens, and a split for the Steelers. So the Bengals should take the division. Honestly, I don't think the Bengals could have asked for a better schedule this year.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:i agree totally with you man...I couldnt believe he missed that FG either, lol..true, as much as I hate to (gulp..) admit..the division is theirs for the taking. I dont think Baltimore will win either of those two against Indy and SD..Pittsburgh will beat either one of those teams, but I agree, probably will lose the other. I think Cincy will have problems with Tennessee and KC, but SHOULD win both of those games. Marvin Lewis should send thanks every day of the freakin year to the schedule-making Gods above, lol

It's funny how that worked out. Pittsburgh finished 3rd in the division and thus got the other two 3rd place teams (Denver and Jax), while the Bengals finished 2nd and got the other two 2nd's (Tenn and KC). Theoretically, this should have given Pittsburgh the schedule advantage, but I don't think it worked out that way! Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:ah man, its a free country, lol..but I hate the Bengals too, lol..should be a fun year for everybody though..

Please tell me you meant to put stellers!!! Smile Thanks man for not freaking out about an opinion or anything. I guess I could file the stellers as one of the screw up games. I have the Bengals going 13-3 with losses to Pats, Ravens, and the two leaners Steelers and Seahawks. But it is cool having good bengals fans on here to talk to. Cool
Big Grin
More Cowbell Wrote:Special teams gaffes gave you guys the game at Cincy last year, too, with Graham missing the game winning FG at the end (the only time all year he missed from within 40). Sad

-----Balt. = Indy and SD

I agree also!! I was licking my chop when I saw this schedule come out....Get rid of the Colts and pick up the Titans. I will take that! I really don't think the pac-manless Titans will give the Bengals a problem at all and with your previous posts about the Cheifs I don't think they will be a threat either. So like you both have been saying it is the Bengals division for the taking. Thanks for laying it out like that!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol, your pretty much right Fritz..especially that last sentence. Whenever Pittsburgh and Cincy hooks up, you can expect big plays on offense AND defense, and a whole lot of times, special teams make or break your chances of winning (see Ricardo Colclough handing you all the game last year at Heinz, lol)..but no matter what, you can pretty much bank on a split between them. Some way Somehow, itll happen. On paper Cincy is world beaters, and if they were in the NFC, playing a predominately NFC schedule, I wouldnt hesitate to put them at 13-3 or somewhere around there, but the wear and tear in the AFC creates an anything goes end to a season. But, Cincy will sweep Cleveland, split against everybody else in the division. However, I think the top three teams in the division will split against each other as well. I dont think Baltimore is the superteam everybody is picking to win the division though. But all in all, its going to be a fun season. Although I completely disagree with the choice for the Steelers head coach (I was wanting Whisenhunt or Grimm), the Rooneys have proven me wrong before, lol..

Baltimore doesn't impress me a whole whole lot, and I think they'll have a down year (for their standards which will still be a winning record).
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
well, this is a first Fritz, lol..we agree on a football-related issue, LOL...I agree with you man. I think Baltimore will finish 9-7, and third. Pittsburgh and Cincy will fight it out for the division, but my God, like I said, your Bengals have the advantage as far as the schedule goes. But Ill take another 2005, with you all winning the division and us winning the Superbowl. Ill take that every year, LOL..
BFritz Wrote:Baltimore doesn't impress me a whole whole lot, and I think they'll have a down year (for their standards which will still be a winning record).
More Cowbell Wrote:What an overused cliche. Neither offense nor defense wins championships, great teams win championships. You can be evenly balanced as a team, or you can be so dominant on one side of the ball that you overcome whatever deficits are on the other side. All that matters is scoring more than you allow the opponents to get.

As mentioned by others on here, last year's Colts are a prime example of a team that rode a superior offense to the title despite a mediocre defense. I believe the Bengals are capable of making a similar run this year, including winning back the division. Not saying that they'll win the Super Bowl, but they are contenders.
Well cliche are usually true, thats why theyre used so much. Ive seen alot of great offensive football teams come down the pike over the years but the ones who didnt have at least a good defense didnt win anything.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well, this is a first Fritz, lol..we agree on a football-related issue, LOL...I agree with you man. I think Baltimore will finish 9-7, and third. Pittsburgh and Cincy will fight it out for the division, but my God, like I said, your Bengals have the advantage as far as the schedule goes. But Ill take another 2005, with you all winning the division and us winning the Superbowl. Ill take that every year, LOL..

How do you figure? The only teams that Cinci plays that the Steelers don't are the Titans and Kansas City and you play Denver and Jacksonville....... *Brad scratches his head*

I think that's the only difference in the two schedules, and it's not like that's a huge advantage for the Bengals (if any at all). Who knows, it could turn out as an advantage for the Steelers.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Nothing to scratch your head about bro, lol...Id rather have KC, who we beat by 38 points last year, and Tennessee, than two teams that beat us..Those two games will end up making the difference in the division, wait and see. And how do you see it as an advantage for the Steelers?????
BFritz Wrote:How do you figure? The only teams that Cinci plays that the Steelers don't are the Titans and Kansas City and you play Denver and Jacksonville....... *Brad scratches his head*

I think that's the only difference in the two schedules, and it's not like that's a huge advantage for the Bengals (if any at all). Who knows, it could turn out as an advantage for the Steelers.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well, this is a first Fritz, lol..we agree on a football-related issue, LOL...I agree with you man. I think Baltimore will finish 9-7, and third. Pittsburgh and Cincy will fight it out for the division, but my God, like I said, your Bengals have the advantage as far as the schedule goes. But Ill take another 2005, with you all winning the division and us winning the Superbowl. Ill take that every year, LOL..

Tides! Man you are not actually a Bengals fan Smile From your earlier posts on this thread I thought you where :Thumbs: You have some great unbiased opinions regarding football and I respect that alot. At least you are not getting upset or anything. Just spurring on good conversation with other fans. I am so sorry about the mix up.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Well cliche are usually true, thats why theyre used so much. Ive seen alot of great offensive football teams come down the pike over the years but the ones who didnt have at least a good defense didnt win anything.

Sorry to point this out to you again but THE COLTS had a horrible defense LAST YEAR and still found theirself in the drivers seat for the superbowl title. If the Colts can do that, why can't the Bengals with a better offense and an improved defense?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Sorry to point this out to you again but THE COLTS had a horrible defense LAST YEAR and still found theirself in the drivers seat for the superbowl title. If the Colts can do that, why can't the Bengals with a better offense and an improved defense?

Amen, brother, Amen, preach it.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Nothing to scratch your head about bro, lol...Id rather have KC, who we beat by 38 points last year, and Tennessee, than two teams that beat us..Those two games will end up making the difference in the division, wait and see. And how do you see it as an advantage for the Steelers?????

None of those four teams are exactly solid teams. Then again, they do play in the NFL.......... But Denver and Jacksonville aren't exactly powerhouses either
if Jacksonville and Denver played in the NFC, in any division, they'd be 11-5, 12-4 teams..KC wont be as bad as everybody lets on, and Tennessee will jump on some people, but Id much rather have the Bengals schedule.
BFritz Wrote:Amen, brother, Amen, preach it.

None of those four teams are exactly solid teams. Then again, they do play in the NFL.......... But Denver and Jacksonville aren't exactly powerhouses either
lol no man, im not. I actually hate and despise the Bengals (just part of being a Steelers fan, lol). Just ask Fritz. However, I respect guys like you and Fritz for sticking through your teams when they were seriously the worst franchise in the NFL. I respect anybody that sticks with their team, Bengals or not. But its all in fun. I just cant wait for friggin football season man, seriously!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Tides! Man you are not actually a Bengals fan Smile From your earlier posts on this thread I thought you where :Thumbs: You have some great unbiased opinions regarding football and I respect that alot. At least you are not getting upset or anything. Just spurring on good conversation with other fans. I am so sorry about the mix up.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Nothing to scratch your head about bro, lol...Id rather have KC, who we beat by 38 points last year, and Tennessee, than two teams that beat us..Those two games will end up making the difference in the division, wait and see. And how do you see it as an advantage for the Steelers?????

As I said earlier, I think the Bengals did get a slight edge in the schedule, but this is purely a subjective thing based on how I think the teams will do this year. Technically, the Steelers got the easier two teams (the ones who finished 3rd like them), and the Bengals got the 2nd place teams. However, I think it worked out in the Bengals' favor. I would play KC over Denver (who I think can challenge SD for that division), and Tennessee over Jacksonville any day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Well cliche are usually true, thats why theyre used so much. Ive seen alot of great offensive football teams come down the pike over the years but the ones who didnt have at least a good defense didnt win anything.

Man, in case you weren't watching, the Colts blew that little cliche out of the water last year by winning the Super Bowl with a defense that was average at best (and that wasn't often). Just goes to show that a win is a win, whether it's 10-6 or 45-38. They all count the same. Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I thought Baltimore was way overrated last year, too. They were nowhere near as good as their final record, lots of lucky bounces and an easy schedule were their lifelines. Playing Pittsburgh scares me a lot more than Baltimore, I even debated in my predictions whether to take a Cincy sweep over the Ravens, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol no man, im not. I actually hate and despise the Bengals (just part of being a Steelers fan, lol). Just ask Fritz. However, I respect guys like you and Fritz for sticking through your teams when they were seriously the worst franchise in the NFL. I respect anybody that sticks with their team, Bengals or not. But its all in fun. I just cant wait for friggin football season man, seriously!

It is really good to have guys on here that won't get all bent out of shape about a friendly discussion on football. I got to level with you man, I can't stand your team either LOL Smile Hopefully this will just spur on more intelligent conversations in the future.
More Cowbell Wrote:As I said earlier, I think the Bengals did get a slight edge in the schedule, but this is purely a subjective thing based on how I think the teams will do this year. Technically, the Steelers got the easier two teams (the ones who finished 3rd like them), and the Bengals got the 2nd place teams. However, I think it worked out in the Bengals' favor. I would play KC over Denver (who I think can challenge SD for that division), and Tennessee over Jacksonville any day.

Even if you think that it worked in the Bengals favor, I still don't think it's enough to even make note of.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol no man, im not. I actually hate and despise the Bengals (just part of being a Steelers fan, lol). Just ask Fritz. However, I respect guys like you and Fritz for sticking through your teams when they were seriously the worst franchise in the NFL. I respect anybody that sticks with their team, Bengals or not. But its all in fun. I just cant wait for friggin football season man, seriously!

Can't believe I'm saying this about a Steelers fan, but I respect your opinions and enjoy our football debates (and with everybody else). I think I'm pretty much over the whole Kimo deal (as much as I can be, which just means it doesn't keep me up all night anymoreSmile )

More Cowbell Wrote:Man, in case you weren't watching, the Colts blew that little cliche out of the water last year by winning the Super Bowl with a defense that was average at best (and that wasn't often). Just goes to show that a win is a win, whether it's 10-6 or 45-38. They all count the same. Big Grin

Yeah, but their defense really stepped it up late in the playoffs.
BFritz Wrote:Even if you think that it worked in the Bengals favor, I still don't think it's enough to even make note of..

Well, those 2 games could mean a difference of 2 games in the standings at the end of the year. The schedule can make a difference, wouldn't you have rather had somebody else from the AFC East/South than New England and Indy last year? That was part of the reason we had the hardest-rated schedule going into last season. I swear, it seemed like we never had a break all year! Sad

I know over the entire 16-game schedule, those two games may not seem like much, but you never know how important one game will be...

That said, if the Bengals play up to their capabilities, it may not matter who they're playing!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am over the whole Kimo thing too man, lol..those were some heated debates that got way out of hand (and for that I apologize), and although we may not agree on well, anything, lol football related, I respect your opinions and I too have fun debating with you, along with all the other Bengal fans on here................But I still hope we beat your asses three times this year (2 reg season and playoffs), lol..but seriously, TRUE fans are hard to come by. Its hard debating with people who like whoever wins the superbowl every year, lol..Ill bet you all these so called "true" Colts fans couldnt tell you anything about the team 10 years ago..but oh well..I can remember absolutely hating playing the Bengals in the late 80s when you all had Boomer, James Brooks, Ickey Woods, among everybody else, and used to beat the daylights out of us until Bill Cowher came to Pittsburgh. But from the mid 80s (when Ken Anderson was getting towards the end of his career, handing the torch to Boomer Esiason) to the very early 90s, going to Cincy for the Bengals-Steelers wasnt much fun, lol..but like I said, mutual respect to you Bengal fans from this Steeler.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I am over the whole Kimo thing too man, lol..those were some heated debates that got way out of hand (and for that I apologize), and although we may not agree on well, anything, lol football related, I respect your opinions and I too have fun debating with you, along with all the other Bengal fans on here................But I still hope we beat your asses three times this year (2 reg season and playoffs), lol..but seriously, TRUE fans are hard to come by. Its hard debating with people who like whoever wins the superbowl every year, lol..Ill bet you all these so called "true" Colts fans couldnt tell you anything about the team 10 years ago..but oh well..I can remember absolutely hating playing the Bengals in the late 80s when you all had Boomer, James Brooks, Ickey Woods, among everybody else, and used to beat the daylights out of us until Bill Cowher came to Pittsburgh. But from the mid 80s (when Ken Anderson was getting towards the end of his career, handing the torch to Boomer Esiason) to the very early 90s, going to Cincy for the Bengals-Steelers wasnt much fun, lol..but like I said, mutual respect to you Bengal fans from this Steeler.

I haven't been on BGR that long, but I respect your opinion, too, even if I can't stand your team! I think the Bengals-Steelers will be a heated rivalry for many years to come.

Those years you were talking about, that just happened to be the time when I got old enough to really get into pro football, and those were some good times to be a Bengal fan. I think I could still do the Ickey Shuffle right now if I felt the urge!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]