Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County vs Jackson City 5/27
Anyone got thoughts or predictions?

I will take Estill County. Ultimately, the Lady Engineers tradition and talent will hold true. It would be the ultimate upset if a school with seventy-some kids were to defeat the powerhouse that is Estill County softball with nearly 700 enrolled students. I do think Jackson City has a chance in this one though. They shocked the region last year in this same tournament. But, I could easily see this game getting called early in favorite of Estill County... These are two of the top three teams in the region, Wolfe County being the other. Most see it as Estill, Wolfe, and JC. It should be a good one. If Jackson City wins then Wolfe County becomes heavy favorites in my eyes.
Estill dominates the 56th cause of the week district teams, send them back to the District they cried to get out of years ago because they were getting their rumps spanked, But I'd just continue to Win the 56th and feel like you're really accomplishing something ,,,Go Nerds
(08-12-2019, 10:07 PM)ole time gamer Wrote: Estill dominates the 56th cause of the week district teams, send them back to the District they cried to get out of years ago because they were getting their  rumps spanked, But I'd just continue to Win the 56th and feel like you're really accomplishing something ,,,Go Nerds
Wow, somebody’s feelings are hurt!
Perry is also a contender for the region title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • Smokescreen
(08-12-2019, 10:07 PM)ole time gamer Wrote: Estill dominates the 56th cause of the week district teams, send them back to the District they cried to get out of years ago because they were getting their  rumps spanked, But I'd just continue to Win the 56th and feel like you're really accomplishing something ,,,Go Nerds
You must not know much about Estill softball. They’ve won 9 region titles since coming to the 14th region in 2006. And won the 10th region in 2005. That’s 10 region titles and a trip to the state tournament in the last 15 years. Sounds like a powerhouse in the 14th region, not just the 56th district to me.
Ol Time Gamer , you need to go look up Estill’s record against the 10th region since they “ cried and left “ their old region. This is very easy to do, took me few minutes. Estill is 35-23 against 10th region teams since leaving. They left in 2005 and were region champs. In 2012 they beat the 10th region champs (Nicholas County) in the state Tournament. So I don’t get where you say they were getting their rumps spanked in the 10th.  Sounds like you might be upset that a bunch of “Nerds” have been spanking the 14th region since their arrival in 2006.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KyBigfoot's post:
  • Region14fan
Nerds!!?  Hmmm...Estill Softball has been winning inside and out of the region for years. I respect your opinion...however, not quite accurate. They play a tough schedule year after year. When playing those same former district teams out of the 10th region, they win almost every single time. The 10th has nothing for the 14th region dominators. Estill plays competition from regions 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16th. With Coach West at the helm..your about to see a whole different type of coaching. He will win at all cost..while making kids better. Plus...this team is seniorless, so what happens this year...you can expect a repeat next year. From this moment on...I feel sorry for teams in the 14th that people are ranking high...because when he plays them...it’s gonna be nasty. First time in a while that Estill will make noise at the state tourney.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lowdown's post:
  • Region14fan
Oh gosh Estill is coming for blood. I bet Perry Central is trembling in fear. Hahahahahhaha
Might wanna be trembling...final from Hazard.
PCC 1
Estill 11
Calm down everyone!
Estill, Jackson City, Perry Central & Wolfe are all worth teams. It time the 14th region teams go and prove we are worthy against the other regions! One team does bring respect to the region, but several does! So go and prove it!