Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
14th Region 2020
Anybody know anything on scrimmages in the 14th? Who has played/going to play who and how has it went?
Hazard always has a team ready to go. Glad Coach Meehan is doing well and hope he is at the helm for his team. Estill is always a baseball school and will be. Other than that its up in the air on who and where everyone else will be. A lot of young talent in this region and baseball is picking up as a whole.
MaroonPancakes Wrote:Anybody knows anything on scrimmages in the 14th? Who has played/going to play who and how has it gone?

I believe the scrimmages I have heard so far are.

Wolfe vs. Powell
(this week)
Perry vs Breathitt (Ended in a 5-5 tie)
-Perry has had most of there boys out for the spring and I believe BHS had most of there's just 3-4 young basketball players that play key roles.)

Wolfe vs. Breathitt (14-5 Breathitt at Wolfe Monday night I heard from some Wolfe fans at the game tonight)

Perry vs. Montgomery (Friday)

Knott has not listed anything with umps nor has Estill. That's most of the info that I have received.

That is just what I caught from some umps in the area going to get some work in.
BigSwingin Wrote:I believe the scrimmages I have heard so far are.

Wolfe vs. Powell
(this week)
Perry vs Breathitt (Ended in a 5-5 tie)
-Perry has had most of there boys out for the spring and I believe BHS had most of there's just 3-4 young basketball players that play key roles.)

Wolfe vs. Breathitt (14-5 Breathitt at Wolfe Monday night I heard from some Wolfe fans at the game tonight)

Perry vs. Montgomery (Friday)

Knott has not listed anything with umps nor has Estill. That's most of the info that I have received.

That is just what I caught from some umps in the area going to get some work in.
Excited to see how that Perry Central and Montgomery game turns out. Should give everybody a nice idea of how the teams will be
Forehand & Waddel
With the official cancellation of the season who will be the front runners for 2021?
Estill
Estill will be solid in 2021.

They lose one of their top hitters with Brooks but return their other top 3 in Powell, Seales & Napier.

As far as pitching, losing Adams will hurt pretty bad but returning Hicks & Elam is good news.
Powell County will struggle for a couple of years.
Estill added several new teams this year. Garrard, Bryan Station, LCA, Frederick Douglass.
(05-08-2020, 06:39 PM)IBlackAndYellow Wrote: Estill will be solid in 2021.

They lose one of their top hitters with Brooks but return their other top 3 in Powell, Seales & Napier. 

As far as pitching, losing Adams will hurt pretty bad but returning Hicks & Elam is good news.
Having a sophomore with a great arm along with a really good catcher going to fun to watch here in next couple years
(02-25-2020, 08:37 PM)CAT_FANATIC Wrote: Hazard
Perry
Estill
Knott
Wolfe
Still agree with this going in estill and hazard but hazard going to ready to go
Add another 10th region foe to Estills schedule for next season in Harrison County.
Estill's Schedule Thus Far:

3/26 @ Garrard County
4/3 @ Perry Central
4/3 vs. Pike Central (at Perry Central)
4/9 @ Bryan Station
4/10 @ Lincoln County 
4/13 @ Bourbon County
4/23 vs. Bourbon County
4/29 Madison Southern (not sure on location)
5/4 vs. Garrard County
5/14 vs. Knott Central
5/15 vs. Harrison County (@ Paris Grey Hound Classic)

Other Teams: LCA (unsure of date and location). @ Frederick Douglass (unsure of date)