Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 8 Estill County 3 (14th Region)
Final from Breathitt County.
Estill was a no show, didn’t hit except one inning and struggled in the field. Perry hit the ball well and played solid defense. Hats off to them.
Lol where are those people that was saying getting rid of Coach Beard was the best thing Estill could have done? Careful what you wish for.
Yea I was just looking back at all the posts talking about how the new coaching staff was gonna be better suited to win at the state tourney. The new coaches were gonna put the pedal to the medal they said.

Estill could have Easily lost to Jackson City last night. And lost handily to Perry County tonight.

So now looking back. How was estill better this year under the new coaching staff than they were under coach Beard?
You both are absolutely correct. It was a miserable season all year long. The team looked good at times but was wildly inconsistent. The new coaching staff was in way over their heads. The admin of Estill didn’t do their homework.
Ya'll need to chill out. Supposed to be Estill fans and you are bashing the coaching staff. I, for one, think they did an excellent job. I went to a lot of games and it seems to me that there is a lot of parents are are rooting for the kids to fail to make the coaches look bad. That is an awful look, and you all should be ashamed of yourselves. Parents coaching from the stands and telling their kids that they should be playing when they're not. Get over it and tell your kids to work their butts off to get in the lineup the correct way and quit playing politics and getting the superintendent involved. That's a bunch of crap. KEEP MOVING FORWARD COACHES! MOST of us are rooting for you to succeed!
Bobby Ratliff is the best coach in the 14th region. He's only been leading this program for two years and has proven himself as a great young coach. He know how to teach the game and the players want to play for him. I hope he earns his first regional title tonight against Wolfe county. Good luck commodores!
jumpshooter Wrote:Ya'll need to chill out. Supposed to be Estill fans and you are bashing the coaching staff. I, for one, think they did an excellent job. I went to a lot of games and it seems to me that there is a lot of parents are are rooting for the kids to fail to make the coaches look bad. That is an awful look, and you all should be ashamed of yourselves. Parents coaching from the stands and telling their kids that they should be playing when they're not. Get over it and tell your kids to work their butts off to get in the lineup the correct way and quit playing politics and getting the superintendent involved. That's a bunch of crap. KEEP MOVING FORWARD COACHES! MOST of us are rooting for you to succeed!

I’m not bashing anyone.
Just stating that before the season started in a thread on this Board.
Several estill fans were saying that Beard had run her course and it was time for a new regime.
That the new coaching staff would get them to places they had not been before.
That the new coaches wouldn’t just settle with just winning the region. That they would push for winning games in the state tourney.

Only question I asked was.
Is estill softball program better off now than when Beard was coaching?
Only time will tell.
The Weatherman Wrote:Bobby Ratliff is the best coach in the 14th region. He's only been leading this program for two years and has proven himself as a great young coach. He know how to teach the game and the players want to play for him. I hope he earns his first regional title tonight against Wolfe county. Good luck commodores!

I would argue that Wolfe County Coach Benny Campbell is the best coach in the region.
Perry Central is the biggest school in the region. With more girls to pull from than any school in the region. And does not have to compete with volleyball for players as Perry is one of the weaker volleyball schools in the region.
Wolfe is one of the smaller schools in the region and has to pull from a small group of girls and some of the best athletes in the school play only volleyball as Wolfe volleyball is one of the stronger programs in the region.

And Benny has been doing more with less for years. He has won the 55th district 6 straight years. Won the 14th Region All A 3 out of 4 years. And if not for Estill County unbelievable run, would have had a couple of regional titles as well.
In my opinion once Coach Beard at Estill resigned. Benny became the best coach in the region.
14th region fanman Wrote:I would argue that Wolfe County Coach Benny Campbell is the best coach in the region.
Perry Central is the biggest school in the region. With more girls to pull from than any school in the region. And does not have to compete with volleyball for players as Perry is one of the weaker volleyball schools in the region.
Wolfe is one of the smaller schools in the region and has to pull from a small group of girls and some of the best athletes in the school play only volleyball as Wolfe volleyball is one of the stronger programs in the region.

And Benny has been doing more with less for years. He has won the 55th district 6 straight years. Won the 14th Region All A 3 out of 4 years. And if not for Estill County unbelievable run, would have had a couple of regional titles as well.
In my opinion once Coach Beard at Estill resigned. Benny became the best coach in the region.

I think that's a very fair assessment, but I like Coach Ratliff's style and immediate success. In my honest opinion, the top 5 coaches right now in the 14th region would be:

1. Ratliff - Perry
2. Campbell - Wolfe
3. Turner - Jackson City
4. Perkins - Letcher
5. Fannin - Hazard
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Lol where are those people that was saying getting rid of Coach Beard was the best thing Estill could have done? Careful what you wish for.

Remember, Coach Beard quit on those girls at the end of the 2018. Coach Kaylor wasn’t hired til approx. 6 weeks later. Don’t be a hater until she gets a FULL year with these girls. I think she will be fine, time will tell, not 2 1/2 months.
Smokescreen Wrote:Remember, Coach Beard quit on those girls at the end of the 2018. Coach Kaylor wasn’t hired til approx. 6 weeks later. Don’t be a hater until she gets a FULL year with these girls. I think she will be fine, time will tell, not 2 1/2 months.

Beard was forced out. I know that to be a fact. The only people we have to blame are those who pushed her out. If she was still the coach, I feel we'd have another regional title.
Kaylor is a good coach. I don't think you can blame the loss on lack of time with the kids. Especially since Beard was doing the work until then. She inherited a stellar program and had almost half a year to prepare for three games. I wasn't one of those, but y'all who were talking about Beard needed to go look silly now. And how can a coach be better at advancing in state? There are too many variables to know for certain. That whole theory seems made up to me. Kaylor is a very very good coach, but, when measured against Beard's accomplishments everyone will fail.
Congrats to our cross town rivals. This is a big win for Perry and Coach Ratliff. Best of luck in the championship game.
Good luck Coach Ratliff. Congratulations