Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2020
Wolfe County will play Perry County Central for the 2019 region championship game.

Let's take a look at the region next season.

Wolfe county, loses just 1, Angelica Fraley. Probably preseason favorite.

Perry County Central, loses 1, Emilee Eversoe. Coach Ratliff will have his girls ready to go.

Estill County, loses 4, Duechle, Farmer, Hall and Hardy. Return both pitchers who are freshmen (Sophomores to be), Kaylee Riddell (who spent most of 2018 injured), among several other key players.

Jackson City, loses 3, Hopkins, Lovaas, McIntosh. Return probably the best power hitter in the region, Tincher.

Letcher Central loses 3, Franklin, Meade and Morgan.

Not sure about any others but Estill has Frederick Douglass scheduled for April 27th. From what I hear, they are in talks with Jackson City and have heard that Perry Central will try and get in touch with them about home and home.
I know Wolfe County will return their entire starting lineup. They don’t have any senior starters.
3 jr
4 soph
1 freshman
1 8th grader
My picks for next year:
1. Wolfe - lose no starters; hit the ball well; well coached
2. Perry - lose only one starter; well coached; hit well; good young pitcher
3. Estill - lose two starters; tradition; Winkle is one of the best
4. Jackson City - well coached; young but talented team; only lose 2 starters
5. Knott - young team and lose no starters; strong defensive infield; hit well
6. Letcher - lose more than anyone, but have good young talent; hit well
7. Hazard - lose 3 starters; have potential but have trouble winning games
8. Powell - lose 5 seniors (3 that contributed); need to find a way to win
1.Wolfe: plays strong defense and solid hitting team, Benny a heck of a coach
2.Perry:very young team and Ratliff develops players, Pollard and Hughes are a tough combo and Ratliff has put the pieces together for a solid team
3.Jackson City:return Smith and Turner on the mound and Tincher is a stud player plus Turner is a great coach,losing Mcintosh and company hurts but Jackson City is loaded with talent
4.EstillConfusedolid team but lots of questions after last night's appearance,always a dominating team in the 14th and return virtually everyone and look for Kaylor to adjust and move Estill back near the top by season's end;looked rattled last night
5.Letcher:Lose multiple players such as Meade and Franklin which will be hard to replace,Perkins always reloads and made a great run which gave young players experience for next year,always a great hitting team but defense wins games
6.Hazard/Knott:Hazard loses three seniors but Hazard is oozing with young talent,strong outfield and decent hitting team,subpar pitching which will develop / Knott had breakdowns mentally and unfocused,typical of a very young team,decent hitting team offensively,error prone at times and weak outfield,look for Sandlin to make adjustments to refocus
8.Breathitt:very young team losing nobody,can be a very good hitting team but lacking solid consistent defense,error prone but look for Neace to correct and develop the team,could be a sleeper team next year

Looking forward to tonight's game between Wolfe and Perry but expect the winner of tonight's game to be Wolfe. Benny been chasing this for a long time. Hats off to Ratliff for superb back to back appearances in the championship game. Could be Wolfe and Perry again next year. Best of luck to both teams.
Glad to see softball games getting fans talking. Perry was a force when the school first started and Ratliff has brought the excitement back but ran into a buzzsaw with Wolfe. I think postponing the game hurt the hot bats of Perry coming in but Coach Campbell has developed a nice program for a few years now.People counting out Estill will be a mistake and they are a strong traditional program with lots of kids traveling in different areas to strive to get better.Estill will get better and just slipped the game that mattered most. It will be a 3 horse race next year.
Lee County has a senior pitcher ,but that's it for their program,,, need to rebuild from the ground up
Coach West is leading up the schedule. Same as always. Hes scheduled for 3 games in the Tates Creek tourney and hes playing a triangle at Perry Central. Have not heard who the third team is.
Jackson City will win the region this year. They have a really good group of girls and a great coach.
Perry will beat the breaks off JC.
Perry lost their #2 pitcher Grigby who went back to Hazard. She was a good bat and started as a 7th grader for them last season. Hughes is tough but that leaves Perry thin in the circle. Looks like Wolfe will easily repeat with PCC, Jackson City and Estill fighting it out for runner up
HollerRat Wrote:Perry lost their #2 pitcher Grigby who went back to Hazard. She was a good bat and started as a 7th grader for them last season. Hughes is tough but that leaves Perry thin in the circle. Looks like Wolfe will easily repeat with PCC, Jackson City and Estill fighting it out for runner up

I wouldn't say Wolfe will win easy. This same Estill team beat Wolfe twice last season with one of the games, Estill took a 10-0 lead into the 7th before Estills coach made a change that allowed Wolfe to get back into it so IMO, Wolfe may win region again but it won't be with ease.
1. Wolfe
2. Estill
3. Jackson City
4. Hazard
5. Perry/Knott
Wolfe returns everyone from a team that has started basically the same group for the last 2 years. With Benny coaching I don’t see any chance of them not being better than last season. I think Wolfe will win the All A and region again.
Weatherman: Why did you change your opinion about Perry County from a couple months ago where you had them as the number 2 to now rating them number 5??
justmyopinion Wrote:Weatherman: Why did you change your opinion about Perry County from a couple months ago where you had them as the number 2 to now rating them number 5??

Yes, I dropped them down a little because they have lost their backup pitcher/starting outfielder back to Hazard. Please understand that I don't think theres a lot of margin between the top 5 and I believe anyone of these teams could beat the other on a given night.
[Image:

]

rainygirl, you have pi$@#& off the Sandman baby. He freakin torched your list like a mutha! Knott softball be rockin this spring and your lil list will be up in smoke brutha.

#sandmanisthenameyoudontwanttoforget More mash taters please!!!
1. Wolfe
2. Perry
3. Jackson
4. Estill
5. Knott
😂😂

jojo Wrote:1. Wolfe
2. Perry
3. Jackson
4. Estill
5. Knott