Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region ranking 5/29/19
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Remind me who had a fan ejected from the game? For yelling at teenage players.....(Hint: wasn't Lawrence). :Sad04:

Just wanting to state some facts. The fan didn't yell at any teenage players from what I heard and was standing rather close. All he was arguing was the bat was illegal to the first base coach then the LC player flipped the bat about 20 feet in the air after he carried it all the way to 1st base. That is about as disrespectful as it gets. But honestly, what parent doesn't get carried away? I would hate for people to call out parents when maybe they should look in the mirror because every parent would do the same, I know I would. When it's your kid or kids you've coached for years, you tend to take up for them.

LC played a great game and JC just didn't come ready to play, plain and simple. It was a little suspicious the bat disappeared but a bat doesn't win you a game. It should be a great one Saturday and thinking about making the trip to watch a good game of baseball.

JC had a great season, one game doesn't define it but it is tough to lose the big ones. LC had a great season and hope they continue on. It's always a great to watch the two best teams go head to head with so much on the line.

And just gonna throw this out there, the parent's son came in and shut down the LC lineup. And as I can remember, Davis hit a homerun and yelled don't let them disrespect us. So, it seems emotions run high in a game like this and a lot of people, players, and so forth was talking trash all night. Shocking, I know..who would have thought people get into games anymore. I guess we should stop caring. :Thumbs:
BoltCoach9 Wrote:Listen folks, we've seen people act a fool from every school in the district, region and beyond. By and large the fan bases are great folks who'd willingly give their lives to help a neighbor....you KNOW it's a fact. Face it...when our kids are involved it brings out a level of crazy often unseen in the modern world. Mild mannered folks will absolutely lose their s#%t if they perceive their kids are getting screwed over....class goes way out the door and we're all capable of it.
I would have to agree with this 100%. I think from time to time whether its LC or JC, Paintsville or any other team in not only this region but in this great nation, we as humans sometimes go over and beyond who we normally are as everyday people. I don't think that necessarily makes any of us bad people. I have on many occasions said and done things at ball games that I deeply regret. With that being said I can tell you this, if Travis Feltner, Shawn Hall, Walt Crace, Shane Simpkins, etc. or any umpire officiating any game I have ever attended, was ever broke down on the side of the road and I was passing by, I would stop and help any of them in need. I hold no hard feeling with any school or any attendees of any school, bc they arent associated with the school that im affiliated with. I believe that we saw 2 extremely talented teams play baseball last night, and LC was the better team. I honestly think they wouldve won best 2 of 3 or 3 of 5 and so on. I think they will honestly give Rowan a run for their money. Can they beat Rowan? That remains to be seen. I do feel they have a chance, only time will tell. I hope they represent the 15 well.
philbilly2009 Wrote:I would have to agree with this 100%. I think from time to time whether its LC or JC, Paintsville or any other team in not only this region but in this great nation, we as humans sometimes go over and beyond who we normally are as everyday people. I don't think that necessarily makes any of us bad people. I have on many occasions said and done things at ball games that I deeply regret. With that being said I can tell you this, if Travis Feltner, Shawn Hall, Walt Crace, Shane Simpkins, etc. or any umpire officiating any game I have ever attended, was ever broke down on the side of the road and I was passing by, I would stop and help any of them in need. I hold no hard feeling with any school or any attendees of any school, bc they arent associated with the school that im affiliated with. I believe that we saw 2 extremely talented teams play baseball last night, and LC was the better team. I honestly think they wouldve won best 2 of 3 or 3 of 5 and so on. I think they will honestly give Rowan a run for their money. Can they beat Rowan? That remains to be seen. I do feel they have a chance, only time will tell. I hope they represent the 15 well.

So you are admitting that you would/could yell at a 17-year old kid and wish bodily harm on him from the stands? Wow. I can honestly say I would/could NEVER do that. Could I yell something like "Strike his butt out"? Sure. But not what was said by this JC parent. NO ADULT should be allowed to say what he did, nor be allowed to attend any games......or even be allowed to have a child to raise......
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:So you are admitting that you would/could yell at a 17-year old kid and wish bodily harm on him from the stands? Wow. I can honestly say I would/could NEVER do that. Could I yell something like "Strike his butt out"? Sure. But not what was said by this JC parent. NO ADULT should be allowed to say what he did, nor be allowed to attend any games......or even be allowed to have a child to raise......

Did he grow up and go to school in Lawrence Co.?
Bob Seger Wrote:Did he grow up and go to school in Lawrence Co.?

You know. Up there where that water flows that makes you say and do funny things.

:popcorn::popcorn:
baseballalum44 Wrote:Just wanting to state some facts. The fan didn't yell at any teenage players from what I heard and was standing rather close. All he was arguing was the bat was illegal to the first base coach then the LC player flipped the bat about 20 feet in the air after he carried it all the way to 1st base. That is about as disrespectful as it gets. But honestly, what parent doesn't get carried away? I would hate for people to call out parents when maybe they should look in the mirror because every parent would do the same, I know I would. When it's your kid or kids you've coached for years, you tend to take up for them.

LC played a great game and JC just didn't come ready to play, plain and simple. It was a little suspicious the bat disappeared but a bat doesn't win you a game. It should be a great one Saturday and thinking about making the trip to watch a good game of baseball.

JC had a great season, one game doesn't define it but it is tough to lose the big ones. LC had a great season and hope they continue on. It's always a great to watch the two best teams go head to head with so much on the line.

And just gonna throw this out there, the parent's son came in and shut down the LC lineup. And as I can remember, Davis hit a homerun and yelled don't let them disrespect us. So, it seems emotions run high in a game like this and a lot of people, players, and so forth was talking trash all night. Shocking, I know..who would have thought people get into games anymore. I guess we should stop caring. :Thumbs:

You missed the comment that got him tossed then. The one where he spoke of hitting the LC player "in the head". But, yeah, go with your story. If fits your agenda. He will reap what he sowed. And when you hit 14 HR's, you can do a bat flip every now and then, especially when "emotions are running high" like you said. Oh, as for the illegal bat, come and run all the tests you want on it........sad that you guys down in Johnson County cannot admit that someone can outhit you and your explosive offense without cheating.
baseballalum44 Wrote:Just wanting to state some facts. The fan didn't yell at any teenage players from what I heard and was standing rather close. All he was arguing was the bat was illegal to the first base coach then the LC player flipped the bat about 20 feet in the air after he carried it all the way to 1st base. That is about as disrespectful as it gets. But honestly, what parent doesn't get carried away? I would hate for people to call out parents when maybe they should look in the mirror because every parent would do the same, I know I would. When it's your kid or kids you've coached for years, you tend to take up for them.

Did anyone from LC yell "illegal bat" when Preece hit his HR? Nope. What proof does he have to yell such a thing?
Nope they didn't , they just threw shade at Preece at the LC-Paintsville game by saying, "That's what a real player of the year looks like Johnson Central!" Just to make it known, loud and proud, that MY 17 year old kid knew he wasn't worthy!!!! 👍👍
BoltCoach9 Wrote:Nope they didn't , they just threw shade at Preece at the LC-Paintsville game by saying, "That's what a real player of the year looks like Johnson Central!" Just to make it known, loud and proud, that MY 17 year old kid knew he wasn't worthy!!!! ����

Did you tell your son to hit someone in the head? And didn't you previously try to excuse the JC parent's actions by saying that "everyone" does it or is capable of it? Then you are getting upset over what you say an LC person said? Hypocrite?

Lol....LCHSmoronalumnus always seems to never mention stuff like that...Now that's the vintage LC player shenanigans we've all come to love and appreciate for all these years.Confusednicker:
Nope. Never in 13 years of baseball have I ever told my son or any other player to ever intentionally harm or attempt to harm another player...that's not us. I apologize if anyone on this thread feels that my previous posts in some way were a defense of inappropriate behavior....they were not intended to be, and surely were not meant to justify anyone's bad behavior. Once again, all I was saying is that we all can get a little sideways when it comes to our kids...I was defintely referring moreso to the common things you'd see and hear at a game i.e. getting on umpires, arguing calls, interactions with other fans and the like. I'm not sure how that escalated to the perception that I was advocating or condoning threats of violence against a kid. I agree , 100%, that's never okay and officials should enforce the KHSAA rules for spectators when that kind of behavior is observed. I, too, am troubled when people act foolishly at games and that is why I have a hard and fast rule to keep my mouth shut except for support of my player. I don't talk negatively about other players and I love to watch pure talent on the field no matter what jersey they have on.However, I am a parent and when hurtful or derogatory statements are made about my kid, I do take offense. I sincerely don't think that makes me a hypocrite, I think it makes me human. As my final statement on this matter....Good Luck, Bulldogs at MSU this weekend. You have the chops to win it!!!
Paintsville supporter here, but bat flips are cool, I don't care who does them. I could watch Brett Bone highlights for days. I will never understand why everyone wants kids to not show emotion while playing an emotional game.
2000PHS Wrote:Paintsville supporter here, but bat flips are cool, I don't care who does them. I could watch Brett Bone highlights for days. I will never understand why everyone wants kids to not show emotion while playing an emotional game.

Really pains me to agree with a PHS fan, but I like bat flips too. I like a nice spike when a touchdown is scored. A little celebration is fine, just don't direct it at one person.
It depends on where the bat flip occurred. I don’t have a problem with the bat flip if it occurred at home plate. It’s already been stated that the bat flip occurred after the player carried it to first base. Was his dugout along the first base line or was it the opposing team’s dugout? Just flip the bat at home plate and act like you’ve been there before and start your trot around the bases.

If the bat flip occurred at first base in front of the opposing team’s dugout the other team has every right to be upset. It shows a lack of leadership from his head coach to allow that to happen. Who hit the homer?
I think bat flips are making you look like a jerk. If your at the plate and it's toward your dugout maybe...but at first base? If I was the pitcher you might need lots of padding on your next appearance at the plate. That's just baseball, show me up and I'll make up for it sometime!

Again just one mans opinion!
Does the kid that quit for Paintsville stay put or does he move on? If he transfers to JC that definitely makes them a better team.
Just typical LC player antics that we have all seen for years....I don't know why anybody should be surprised....Remember when the tables got turned at Pike Central one time and someone took all the taunting from some punk they were going to take?

It's the water up there, I'm telling you.
^ Yep, he's just a troll... Probably sitting behind a desk over at JC getting paid to do nothing all day.
Creeker Wrote:^ Yep, he's just a troll... Probably sitting behind a desk over at JC getting paid to do nothing all day.
Now look who the troll is.

And just what would anybody from Magoffin Co. know about winning, being competitive , or simply having class to begin with….If it weren't for toes you'd never even be able to count to 20...lol

Has there ever been a sport where you were not ranked at the very bottom of?

I cant think of anything...Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Now look who the troll is.

And just what would anybody from Magoffin Co. know about winning, being competitive , or simply having class to begin with….If it weren't for toes you'd never even be able to count to 20...lol

Has there ever been a sport where you were not ranked at the very bottom of?

I cant think of anything...Confusednicker:
Magoffin? wrong guy bobby boy... lol
uh huh!!