Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Floyd Central
28-7 record. District champs and regional runner up and the coach won't be retained. Wow.
What happened to bring this on?
I am curious as well about what happened.

Floyd Central looking at their 3rd volleyball coach in the 3 years they've been a school. Boys basketball is also on their 3rd coach and if I'm not mistaken, softball has has two coaches in three years.

I wonder if Larry Maynard would be interested in taking it?
100% Rumor, but I had after regional tournament time that MANY were not happy with the coach. It would have been interesting to see how the program progressed under her direction.
Creeker Wrote:100% Rumor, but I had after regional tournament time that MANY were not happy with the coach. It would have been interesting to see how the program progressed under her direction.

Was it a case like Spurlock with boys basketball? Or just people upset over playing time and lack thereof?
Maybe all the complaining had a lot to do with them being regional runner up instead of champions.
clipperw Wrote:Was it a case like Spurlock with boys basketball? Or just people upset over playing time and lack thereof?
Yeah, I have no idea honestly. Just what I was hearing during district/regional tournament time. Folks weren't happy with her... that's all I got.

Not sure how anyone could complain about being runners up in the region with a team that had zero seniors.
Creeker Wrote:Yeah, I have no idea honestly. Just what I was hearing during district/regional tournament time. Folks weren't happy with her... that's all I got.

Not sure how anyone could complain about being runners up in the region with a team that had zero seniors.

I agree with you there. It seems like I also remember hearing that some people werent happy with Jason Clark either.
It's odd that a coach would do that well at a school and get booted unless something was going on behind the scenes?
^ Coach Young is now an assistant at Johnson Central and former Allen Central Coach Darlene Moore is back at the helm for Floyd Central.
Be interesting to see who new coach is.
ballislife33 Wrote:Be interesting to see who new coach is.

I think they’re saying Darlene moore.
KHSAA lists Darlene Moore as HC