Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misty McAlarnis named Perry County Central head coach.
It's now official.
Excellent hire
Let's see if everyone backs their word and transfer. Wouldn't be surprised if they all stay. It's easy to talk big... I've seen this before and usually the kids stay. At least round here, I assume the same thing will happen at PCC.
Great hire and as I mentioned before, she took a Breathitt team and turned their season around quickly within a year after arriving at Breathitt. She has coached girls including the feeder programs in the past such as AB Combs years ago and was successful. I think she will excel and do what it takes to be successful at Perry.
[Image:

]

Bolz, the noble one got word that part of Breathitt's Avenger team lost one of their own this morning, wowza! Ole JJ called the big guy yesterday to get some advice. Ole fatpat taught him that nobody is bigger than the program and he had to hire who was going to try to give Pat Nation some competition, true story.... I said JJ baby since I have you on the ole rotator phone let me ask you about your dietary program baby. Not sure if you been eatin much but ole fatpat is a lil worried about you. Since we approaching hurricane and tornado season it's not safe to be walking around like a sheet of wax paper, double wowza!! That boi needs to hang with ole fatpat for about a week or two. Fatten him up like pappy's ole dog.

#theywillbutcheryourname #hoskyisstillbestsixthman More mash taters please!!!
It was offered to several before her. She wasn’t their first choice.
The Ole Man Wrote:Let's see if everyone backs their word and transfer. Wouldn't be surprised if they all stay. It's easy to talk big... I've seen this before and usually the kids stay. At least round here, I assume the same thing will happen at PCC.

I personally don't see any transfers happening. They wanted to transfer if Napier stayed or transferred if they didn't get the coach they wanted. These girls will be fine and this was a great hire. Congrats to Misty and I know she will put the needed time in and has a strong desire to win.The girls will like her style of play and if you can play, you will play.Look for her to play a fast tempo game and a deep bench.
I know John Noble and Mark Collett got offered the job before her but they are not slouches by no means. I think she will do well. May take some time.
OLD MAN LOGAN Wrote:I personally don't see any transfers happening. They wanted to transfer if Napier stayed or transferred if they didn't get the coach they wanted. These girls will be fine and this was a great hire. Congrats to Misty and I know she will put the needed time in and has a strong desire to win.The girls will like her style of play and if you can play, you will play.Look for her to play a fast tempo game and a deep bench.
I’d say to keep the Hoskins girl she will have her dad sitting on the bench. But here is what i don’t understand about the whole process, they had 6 applications and interviewed one person. How do you know what these people’s plans are if you don’t interview them.
basketballx2 Wrote:It was offered to several before her. She wasn’t their first choice.

There were about 5 before her.

Jonesy
Guess there wasnt as many people interested in the job as some may of thought. Its really a pretty monumental task to revamp the program that used to actually be pretty good. But you got to understand It always has relied on outside help and transfers to do as well as it has throughout the years. You take away the pipeline and kids falling from the sky, Perry wouldnt been very good the past several decades. All I know is, the new coach has a lot of work to do. The program is in bad shape.
Some young players are about to drop from the sky
ukisn1 Wrote:some young players are about to drop from the sky

😂😂
DukeBoy Wrote:Guess there wasnt as many people interested in the job as some may of thought. Its really a pretty monumental task to revamp the program that used to actually be pretty good. But you got to understand It always has relied on outside help and transfers to do as well as it has throughout the years. You take away the pipeline and kids falling from the sky, Perry wouldnt been very good the past several decades. All I know is, the new coach has a lot of work to do. The program is in bad shape.

You can say that about all of their successful programs.
Yeah I suppose you can Ole Man.
[Image: https://media3.giphy.com/media/YC6ZedMDgR1Fm/giphy.gif] All part of the plan baby! Warroom is pumped up and ole Fatpat got a feeling Mac and Commodes dont know whats coming brutha! Like grammy always said you can change the plumber but it dont fix the pipes boi! More mash taters please!!!
it's not worth it
As I travel the eastern part of the state, watching a little summer ball, I keep hearing that the fall out is already starting to happen.

It would be a shame, such a grand program struggling.

Jonesy
You should probably stay up North where you belong Jonesy. We dont need you here. Not been a grand program since Kayla Rankin graduated.
DukeBoy Wrote:You should probably stay up North where you belong Jonesy. We dont need you here. Not been a grand program since Kayla Rankin graduated.

Sheesh! Didn't say how long ago it's been a "grand program", just said it was at one time.

Jonesy
Only fallout at PCC is the CRAP being created by haters that would love to see the program go down. Truth is its just another coaching change like schools often do. PCC will be fine just rebuild a little bit. Another truth is their ain't been a grand girls team around here since Whitesburg, Napier and Hazard took teams built with transfers from other schools and won. Look what teams around here do when thy go out of eastern KY
Brewer girl that played at Perry was playing with Hazard today in UPike event
[Image: https://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/ima...734732.gif] Bolz ole Fatpat got a feeling the PCC plane going down as fast as ole Fatpat on a horse at the ATV trail ride every year baby and thats wide freakin open bruh!Doors always open at Mortys for any transferees brutha! #commodesrunninglowonfuel More mash taters please!!!
Thats exactly the same way KCC is going to look without Jada this year from what I have been hearing from people watching summer games over in VA.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/33d4q4.gif] Looky here Bull puppy ole Fatpat not seen the girls but Honycutta is a freaking genius! Crazy Train Mullins be rocking it like a mutha and the engines keep rolling baby! CT and Magz said big guy the region dont know whats coming! Triple Wowza! Gotz a special surprise for you this year Bulldoggie! #somepeopleneverlearn #cantoutsmarthoneycutta&theentourage More mash taters please!!!
Whatever ya say. Jada was pretty much KCC the past few years.
I find it funny that people thought players would leave because of Misty and in fact Perry Central has already gained a good player from Hazard. Seems like some people were wrong about Misty.
Heard girl had already transferred prior to coaching change.
Coach McAlarnis will do a good job at Perry. She will put the time into the program to make it successful. I expect them to be competitive this year in the region, especially since Harris transferred. With Hoskins, Napier, and Harris this team should compete. Hoskins is a nice shooting guard. If they could add a point guard to this team Perry would compete for a regional title. Good luck to them.
Oh you’ll be wishing you had Noble or Collet soon!! Should’ve sweetened up the offer. Mac will be ok but won’t get them to the status those guys would have.