Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise candidate for Augusta coaching job?
Interesting note today at Rowan County as Randy McCoy was at Augusta's games.

One would think McCoy must be pretty interested to drive to Morehead to watch Augusta play.

Could he be the new head coach at Augusta?
His health isn't the best, but has ties to REED.
What is Augusta?
Hambley Wrote:What is Augusta?

A school in Kentucky, Google is your friend.
sacbunt Wrote:Interesting note today at Rowan County as Randy McCoy was at Augusta's games.

One would think McCoy must be pretty interested to drive to Morehead to watch Augusta play.

Could he be the new head coach at Augusta?

Robin Kelsch and his little militia better be courting him big time.

The rumor in Brooksville is that they made Hinson an offer he couldn’t refuse— and you know what he did?

He told them to stick it on the part of Long stretch where the sun don’t shine!

That man bleeds polar bear blue, and would never go back to the orange. He’s too loyal to us, and we take too good of care of him. He’s the one that has brought us back to prominence, and we’ll do what it takes to keep him happy!
Jason Hinson should, if he can, go back to Augusta. Gave it a try a try at Bracken, just didn't work out. I really thought he would combine with Austin Crawford and win some districts at least.
I thought it may be George Clooney - looking for a new challenge
I was in Georgetown watching our boys play, and I am already fired up for this basketball season, and I could tell Coach was too! You can already see he was in midseason form, working those refs and drawing on two clipboards at the same time! He could very well have coached the JV and Varsity and won both games.

This is the year for the Polar Bears. Coach Hinson is locked in, and the team has bought in to his program.

This is the year we win the district.

When the Head Honcho has a Hunch. You can take it to the bank!
What’s the numbers and talent look like for future at Augusta? I know last enrollment count they only had like 35 boys.
Jason Hinson has resigned at Bracken County which has opened the door for him to go back to Augusta it seems.

https://twitter.com/brackencounty/status...73858?s=19
That’s eye opening, leaving a county school to go to Augusta.
9Lives Wrote:That’s eye opening, leaving a county school to go to Augusta.

Explain, because how's that eye opening?
Numbers alone. 180 boys compared to 35, I just find it being an interesting decision.

9Lives Wrote:Numbers alone. 180 boys compared to 35, I just find it being an interesting decision.

Numbers don't always dictate potential. Didn't they knock off Mason County in the past five years?

I get it however. I do find it interesting. Leave the job to begin with and then come back.

To leave a school who gave you everything. Who gave you your legend. I’m heartbroken. The honcho is angry. Angry. Can’t believe someone can lie like that straight up when asked yesterday. 4 years and the best player in school history and we’ve got nothing to show for it. And you tell the team via text after coaching them at camp all week. Why build your own talent when you can follow it!

Hinson is dead to me. Whatever he thinks he’s getting he isn’t. He had it all here. The best facilities, loyal fans, an incredible AD who does whatever it takes to win. Alumni who support.

And he left.

Forget him. The honcho holds no loyalty, only to those who are loyal to the polar bears.
Augusta has a great deal of talent coming up the ranks. Good luck to you Jason. Bracken County equal fickle fan base. Love him one second and hate him the next. Would be hilarious Bracken and Augusta start playing again and he starts kicking your ass
cadets1988 Wrote:Augusta has a great deal of talent coming up the ranks. Good luck to you Jason. Bracken County equal fickle fan base. Love him one second and hate him the next. Would be hilarious Bracken and Augusta start playing again and he starts kicking your ass

Fickle fan base? It seems most Bracken fans are upset because he left them to go back to Augusta. Are they supposed to love him for leaving after saying Bracken was his dream job? Seems like you have no clue.
cadets1988 Wrote:Augusta has a great deal of talent coming up the ranks. Good luck to you Jason. Bracken County equal fickle fan base. Love him one second and hate him the next. Would be hilarious Bracken and Augusta start playing again and he starts kicking your ass

Fickle?? Fickle?

Sir. We have but one loyalty. It is to the memory of the 1939 State Champion Polar Bears.

We will always be loyal, as long as you are loyal to us.

Tuck tail to that forgotten town on the river? You lose our respect.

I have full faith that the administration will make a better hire than Hinson ever was. And we’ll be the team that goes from the ridge to region. While the team on the river stays home!
After all that your fickle
No I have a clue. You Baugh in. I told you he was garbage and you bought his line of shit. You can’t hate him for going back. I’m surprised they hired him back after he disrespected them. But see that’s what make you fickle. Just hate him because he’s garbage. Now that I would respect. I hope bracken does make that hire. I hope they do start playing home and away. I hope the rivalry gets renewed. What I do know is Augusta’s 35 boys are better than your 300. And that’s why he went back
cadets1988 Wrote:No I have a clue. You Baugh in. I told you he was garbage and you bought his line of shit. You can’t hate him for going back. I’m surprised they hired him back after he disrespected them. But see that’s what make you fickle. Just hate him because he’s garbage. Now that I would respect. I hope bracken does make that hire. I hope they do start playing home and away. I hope the rivalry gets renewed. What I do know is Augusta’s 35 boys are better than your 300. And that’s why he went back

I did not buy into the Jason Hinson hype. I’m indifferent to if he stayed or if he left. Just odd for you to call a fan base fickle after the coach leaves. Also bracken does not have near 300 boys, not sure where you’re getting those numbers from. Just sounds like you’re very bitter towards Bracken for some unknown reason.

After seeing your post in the other Bracken thread I would love to see you on the sidelines. Have a feeling you would not do much better. It’s a tough place to win at right now.
I probably would agree with you. Its going to be a tough 3 or 4 years for anyone there. I don't know much about the admin at Bracken. Something is certainly happening to lose the amount of coaches and teachers that they have lost this summer already.

And since you read my post on the other thread you know i have nothing against Bracken Co. I actually have a great deal of respect for them. Saying that, it is precisely why i have been so negative when reading anything about that school. I, like many, know the tradition and played against it. I just could not understand why anyone would buy into Hinson there. I hope that they do get the hire they need. I hope that they are patient. I hope that they build the lower areas.

And I would love for anyone to defend Hinson and coaching of Austin Crawford. That kid had so much talent and could have been extremely special not only at Bracken Co but in the 10th region. I must have watched him play a dozen times and I sware it was like Jason held him down. So many coaches would have done so much better with that kid and by the kid.

So do i hate or dislike Bracken Co. the answer is no. Do i dislike Jason Hinson as a coach - yep. I don't know know him as a person only as a coach and his behavior at Bracken was shameful. And what the recently did over in Georgetown just cements that. Good luck bears, I am pulling for you to get back to prominence. Your in the right district to do it.
Someone explain what happened at Georgetown, sounds bizarre.