Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer ball
Betsy Layne wins over Pike central and Eastridge could be a darkhorse this year.Shelby Valley will be strong again this year. Summer ball being played at Pike Central June 6,7,8.
Betsy Layne wins over Letcher central and Magoffin co.Shelby Valley best team at summer games at pike central.
I dont put much stock in summer games but it would be nice if Betsy Layne's team could stay together at Betsy Layne. It would be nice to see them competing again in the 15th Region.
Is there two words in the English language as useless as “Summer Ball!” LOL I absolutely hate this time of year. Last year I had to listen to every Pike Central fan claiming they were back on top and would challenge Pikeville for the region. A few scrimmages in the summer doesn’t mean anything. Just get better and get ready.
Hambley Wrote:Is there two words in the English language as useless as “Summer Ball!” A few scrimmages in the summer doesn’t mean anything. Just get better and get ready.

Agree with you 100 percent. Its a good practice tool but I'll start getting excited when the regular season rolls around and the games count in the W/L columns.
I agree.I just look at some of the players coming back some of them look stronger some have grown a little.But you never know were key tranfers end up at. I also know most teams don't have all their players in summer ball.
Summer ball is exactly what it is. "Scrimmages" but I do like what I see out of my Bobcats. They're young and look to improve. Brad short is doing an amazing job. They should be right there in contention for the 58th title. But with that being said the 58th is years away from competing with some of the others.
Mamba Wrote:Summer ball is exactly what it is. "Scrimmages" but I do like what I see out of my Bobcats. They're young and look to improve. Brad short is doing an amazing job. They should be right there in contention for the 58th title. But with that being said the 58th is years away from competing with some of the others.

Lawrence county will be a Top 3 team in the region this year. Remember I said it in June
That's a huge statement considering shelby valley Martin county's new big 3 paintsville and Johnson central are all loaded with proven talent. I know LC didnt lose much but neither did SV MC or Paintsville..
I agree with Mamba but we better throw Piveville into the mix
I actually watched Pikeville play yesterday. Young guys have gotten some size and they are gonna be fine this year. Most are unproven but looking a lot better then I anticipated.
Summer ball is over let’s hope the young officials in training have learned how to handle a game.