Jason Hinson has resigned.

https://twitter.com/brackencounty/status...73858?s=19

Who are the candidates?
Short list:

Adam Reed
Daniel fisher
Patrick Kelsch
Rick Pitino
Coaches are leaving Bracken quickly, the icecaps must be melting.
they melted long ago
plantmanky Wrote:Coaches are leaving Bracken quickly, the icecaps must be melting.

This makes the third coaching opening. First football, then girls basketball, and now boys basketball. What is going on in Brooksville?
I heard they was playing estill at georgetown other day and he pulled his team off the court with 4 mins left in the game and left the camp and cancelled the rest of their games
ky playmaker Wrote:I heard they was playing estill at georgetown other day and he pulled his team off the court with 4 mins left in the game and left the camp and cancelled the rest of their games

That’s pretty bizarre.
I was told by a coach in the tenth most of the teachers and admin didn’t like Jason anyway. Listen I said it prior to the year he was a load mouth overrated coach. If he spent as much time coaching as he does ranting at officials he’d be better off. If that’s what you heard it’s probably true.
Now that i am rested let me circle my wagon so to speak. Here is what I would love to see Bracken do.

I would like to see Bracken hire a coach that does not come from the county. I would like to see them hire someone that played against them in the late 70's and mid to late 80's. See heres the thing. When i played I loved Bracken Co. This goes back to playing against those guys when they started at Germantown.

You have to hire someone that played against you and can truly appreciate what it meant to play against those guys. Bracken Co was always my favorite gym to play in. I loved the fans (who were rabbid) and I loved the players (strong and tough minded)

I know that things change. I know that cultures in players change. But as someone that has respect for the school and the tradition its hard to see them make the same mistakes over and over.

And hey if you can't find someone let me know. I will coach ya and I will happily retire from the school in my 70's some 20 years from now.

I think we get caught up in who knows x's and o's. Who has "experience". When in actuality the issue is the hires are being made that truly can not or will not embrace tradition and allow that tradition to be part of todays program.

I heard for a couple of years that players were not happy with Jason. I watched him on the sidelines. I liked him at Augusta. I did not like him at Bracken. I also do not like or respect coaches that spend the majority yelling at officials and not coaching and teaching players the game and the moment within the game.

Good luck to you Polorbears. As someone that does actually respect the program you do deserve better. But Jason Hinson was not ever truly embedded in your program. He used you for what he needed. I think that is shameful.
They are hiring for 3 major sports right now....football and boys and girls basketball. I'd imagine they are pretty busy right now.
Ukman Wrote:They are hiring for 3 major sports right now....football and boys and girls basketball. I'd imagine they are pretty busy right now.

The Honcho has been busier than a one legged man an in ass kicking contest! Phones ringing off the hook, my pager beeping like crazy. Trying to rally all of our incredible boosters and supporters to get behind these new hires.

We’ve got some athletes here. Top of the line. We just need the right coaches to bring them into their program and under their wings to get us where we like to be!

I have full confidence in Mr. Dan fisher and his support team to not help us rebuild, but reload!!

There are some MAJOR. And I mean MAJOR names in consideration for all three of these jobs.

The tenth all time winningest basketball program in the state has people lining up to come and coach. They may hire all 3 at the same time!

Woooooo!!!
Names ?
Hearing interviews will start next week. Who will interview for this position? Who does Bracken County go after?
Ollllllllll Honcho is just getting back from a good night after a great day.

Dinner and drinks at the Pub, then a night cap at R&G’s. Whew.

What’s the head honcho celebrating?? He was camped out all day at the board office. Watched the committee roll in, and it’s a strong line up. All the heaviest hitters in town on this hiring committee. And then I saw the candidates!

2/3 were born and raised here in Brooksville. They’re brilliant basketball minds— and could lead us to the promised lands: appearances in maysville at the field house.

I can’t wait to see what develops. But I can guaran darn tee this.

It’s gonna be a great year to be a polar bear!
Whose some of the canidates ?
Hey Honcho. I will be the first to say it. The Bears did a good job with hiring Reed. This is his first coaching job but i think he will do very good things there.

Please share how his meeting goes with the middle school players and parents. I am hoping that he lays down his law and that parents and administrators allow him to coach. Great hire.