Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 2019 Mr. Football Candidates
Career stats are irrelevant. Mike Mayer is hands down the best football player in the state. He’s the best receiver, while simultaneously being one of the best linebackers. Fosho, pretty sure you need to watch some film of Mayer to understand dominating a football game.
FoSho Wrote:This award is for KY Mr Football.

Reese Smith has been a better football player than Michael Mayer and stats and accomplishments back that up. Let that sink in for a minute.

Good news for all these kids is there is one season left to stake your claim. But let there be no misunderstanding...I know that state title #9 is the focal point for Reese and his teammates.

A “better football player?”....you need to get out of the holler every once and a while. Just saying.
Woodsman Wrote:A “better football player?”....you need to get out of the holler every once and a while. Just saying.

Not many hollers in Danville brainiac.

I watched both of these two play in a state final as a sophomore....one of them caught three TDs and a pick 6. I don't recall what the other did.

I know what domination is because I see it every time he laces em up. Oh and career stats are supposed to be what decides Mr Football.

Keep in mind, the best passing offense in the state is in Boyle Co and Reese Smith is the best receiver on the team. Sit back and watch how it's done.
Has a player ever won Mr Football with his team having gone 5-5 during the regular season? I think it’s very possible that will be Beau Allen and Lexington Catholic’s record at the end of the regular season.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Has a player ever won Mr Football with his team having gone 5-5 during the regular season? I think it’s very possible that will be Beau Allen and Lexington Catholic’s record at the end of the regular season.

Didnt the one Trinity kid a few years ago win it when Trinity went 5 and 5 in regular season, then won 6A title.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Has a player ever won Mr Football with his team having gone 5-5 during the regular season? I think it’s very possible that will be Beau Allen and Lexington Catholic’s record at the end of the regular season.

Allen has great stats because his team is always in the game...therefore so is he.

I wonder what kinda stats the Rebels QB would have if he played more than half the game? And Smith? And Colwick? And Sheperson? Etc?
FoSho Wrote:Not many hollers in Danville brainiac.

I watched both of these two play in a state final as a sophomore....one of them caught three TDs and a pick 6. I don't recall what the other did.

I know what domination is because I see it every time he laces em up. Oh and career stats are supposed to be what decides Mr Football.

Keep in mind, the best passing offense in the state is in Boyle Co and Reese Smith is the best receiver on the team. Sit back and watch how it's done.

I thought you "rested your case" like a week or two ago...

We all know the rest of the state loathes northern Kentucky. I can tell you that looking from Shepherdsville. This award leans hard towards people from elsewhere in the state where they have more newspapers still kicking, and in the greater Louisville and Lexington areas. That, and well, the AP voting process is a sham, which is why they have always refused any transparency about the award voting guidelines, the voting process, and the ballot results.

Voters do what they can to avoid NKY names at all costs when at all possible, and they avoid Louisville names when they can as well....but the sheer number of athletes in Louisville make that harder to avoid than it is for NKY. See: Rondale Moore/D'mauriae VanCleave.

It's the AP "Some Of Kentucky" Mr. Football Award.

I think the closest would be Brian Brohm winning it after Trinity started the season 0-4 then won out. They finished the regular season 6-4 and then closed out the playoffs at 11-4 with a state title.
TheOracle Wrote:I thought you "rested your case" like a week or two ago...

We all know the rest of the state loathes northern Kentucky. I can tell you that looking from Shepherdsville. This award leans hard towards people from elsewhere in the state where they have more newspapers still kicking, and in the greater Louisville and Lexington areas. That, and well, the AP voting process is a sham, which is why they have always refused any transparency about the award voting guidelines, the voting process, and the ballot results.

Voters do what they can to avoid NKY names at all costs when at all possible, and they avoid Louisville names when they can as well....but the sheer number of athletes in Louisville make that harder to avoid than it is for NKY. See: Rondale Moore/D'mauriae VanCleave.

Few things....

I keep posting because there are several people on here that need educating. Including you.

Again...cry me a river about AP voting. There are ZERO AP voters in the Danville area. NONE. Not a single Boyle Co Rebel was even HONORABLE MENTION AP ALL-STATE LAST SEASON when at least 3/4 deserved the honor.

N KY is not a victim. You are not a victim. Quit acting like there's some vandetta against N KY. Numbers don't lie. As far as VanCleave goes....he had a better career and deserved the award over Moore. Just like Reese Smith does over Michael Mayer.

I hope they both have killer seasons.
FoSho Wrote:Few things....

I keep posting because there are several people on here that need educating. Including you.

Again...cry me a river about AP voting. There are ZERO AP voters in the Danville area. NONE. Not a single Boyle Co Rebel was even HONORABLE MENTION AP ALL-STATE LAST SEASON when at least 3/4 deserved the honor.

N KY is not a victim. You are not a victim. Quit acting like there's some vandetta against N KY. Numbers don't lie. As far as VanCleave goes....he had a better career and deserved the award over Moore. Just like Reese Smith does over Michael Mayer.

I hope they both have killer seasons.

Lol, I just said that the whole AP voting process is a sham. Did you not read that, or not comprehend it?

And you thought THREE OR FOUR of the kids from your team deserved to be on the all-state team? There were only like what, 2, maybe 3 teams with three or more kids on the all-state list. 3 or 4 for Boyle County, though, in you're opinion. That's pretty incredible for a team that was beat 21-0 in the semifinals by the state runner up. You're very clearly proving how deep-seated your Boyle County homer-ism is.

And if you're going to cry about the boys from your favorite school not getting votes in the AP all-state list, then I suggest that you contact the AP eligible voters at the Herald-Leader, WLEX, KET Lexington, WKYT, WTVQ, WUKY-FM, WEKU-FM, all within about 40 miles of Boyle County's football field. Even UK-TV is a voter-elgible AP outlet, although my understanding is that they have an in-house rule prohibiting their staff from voting in AP polls. That's SEVEN eligible voters, all relatively near Boyle. Again......there's ONE in NKY. I suggest you grind your axe with them.
TheOracle Wrote:I thought you "rested your case" like a week or two ago...

I can't disagree with that. :lmao:

In all seriousness, I do think there is a lean towards non-metropolitan areas of KY in the AP voting for Mr. Football.

I did go back to see and there have been 4 winners from NKY:

Frank Jacobs of New Cath
Shaun Alexander from Boone County
Jared Lorenzen from HHS
Patrick Towles from HHS

I'm sure there have been some other worthy candidates.

The Western Kentucky Region seems to produce the most winners in the past so if there is a region bias it might be in that "neck of the woods."
Hatz Wrote:I can't disagree with that. :lmao:

In all seriousness, I do think there is a lean towards non-metropolitan areas of KY in the AP voting for Mr. Football.

I did go back to see and there have been 4 winners from NKY:

Frank Jacobs of New Cath
Shaun Alexander from Boone County
Jared Lorenzen from HHS
Patrick Towles from HHS

I'm sure there have been some other worthy candidates.

The Western Kentucky Region seems to produce the most winners in the past so if there is a region bias it might be in that "neck of the woods."

Completely agree.
TheOracle Wrote:Lol, I just said that the whole AP voting process is a sham. Did you not read that, or not comprehend it?

And you thought THREE OR FOUR of the kids from your team deserved to be on the all-state team? There were only like what, 2, maybe 3 teams with three or more kids on the all-state list. 3 or 4 for Boyle County, though, in you're opinion. That's pretty incredible for a team that was beat 21-0 in the semifinals by the state runner up. You're very clearly proving how deep-seated your Boyle County homer-ism is.

And if you're going to cry about the boys from your favorite school not getting votes in the AP all-state list, then I suggest that you contact the AP eligible voters at the Herald-Leader, WLEX, KET Lexington, WKYT, WTVQ, WUKY-FM, WEKU-FM, all within about 40 miles of Boyle County's football field. Even UK-TV is a voter-elgible AP outlet, although my understanding is that they have an in-house rule prohibiting their staff from voting in AP polls. That's SEVEN eligible voters, all relatively near Boyle. Again......there's ONE in NKY. I suggest you grind your axe with them.

Hey brainiac...the coaches had four Boyle Co players on their list? So the people that KNOW football, there was four and the media had none.

I'm not grinding an ax moron, I'm telling you that N KY IS NOT A VICTIM! You brought it up, I was just telling you we don't cry about it.

Comprehend that.
:popcorn:
FoSho Wrote:Not many hollers in Danville brainiac.

Hey there Einstein, no hollers in Danville? Hahahaha. Ok. Lake Herrington isn’t super deep and extremely narrow right?

I’ve already conceded that mike Mayer will not win the mr football award. I doubt he remotely cares. That still doesn’t change the fact that he is by far and away the best football player in the state and most everyone with a football iq in double digits would agree with that statement. Sorry you lack that ability.

Also to compare Boyle county’s schedule to Covington Catholic’s is a farce. Thanks for proving my point.

Good luck this season. I’m sure you will need it because apparently your health and well being depend on high school football.
There are way too many personal attacks in this thread. Guys\Gals, it is possible to have. a debate without getting personal. Let's cut the personal attacks out. If you see members attacking other members, private message a moderator or administrator and suspensions will be handed out.