Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Estill County
Its open per KHSAA. Was reported June 11th.
That seat must have been even hotter than I thought if they are already looking for a new coach after one season.
The reload wasn’t as simple as they thought replacing a legend.
Any updates?
My money is on Shirley making a comeback. Estill County fans need to be big enough to realize what they had and that the grass isn’t always greener. All we heard leading up to the season was how the team was going to be so much better off and take the next step. Well that didn’t happen. If Shirley will come back they better take her with open arms. The rest of the region is catching up and Estill has to regroup.
I would not be surprised at all and that may be what they need to do. I know several years ago she resigned for a week and came back.

Potential spoiler: Shirley was at the futures 14th region all stars giving out awards to estill players. That was within the past week.
Estill has openings for baseball, softball, girls soccer and AD.

I would say the AD hire will be within the School system. Maybe Bentley or Hughes if they want it.
Strikeout King Wrote:I would not be surprised at all and that may be what they need to do. I know several years ago she resigned for a week and came back.

Potential spoiler: Shirley was at the futures 14th region all stars giving out awards to estill players. That was within the past week.

Pretty sure she is on the board of directors for Kentucky Softball. You could be right though.
Word on the street is Estill is recruiting Bobby Ratliff pretty heavily.
Really quite.
Bobby isn’t going anywhere, no reason to giving up the team his has for any other in the region. Estill has loads of talent but job comes with too many hoops to jump through. Region will be a 4 team race with Perry, Wolfe, Estill and Jackson City. But softball is a game that can change in a blink of an eye and a team like Hazard could shock some people.
Stay tuned in. Won’t be open much longer
My money is on a return to the dugout by Coach Beard.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:My money is on a return to the dugout by Coach Beard.

Hope your not betting much!!!
Len west is what I'm hearing if so they can do better will only be their until his daughter graduates estill could do better
Hammerin' Hank Wrote:Len west is what I'm hearing if so they can do better will only be their until his daughter graduates estill could do better

If you honestly believe that. You have no clue about coaching softball.
Take a poll from the other coaches in the 14th region and ask them who they DO NOT want to see get this job
Lynn knows softball, but will not be able to handle the politics that come with the job. He is an amazing travel ball coach and great at teaching the game. But he will struggle to bend to the powers that surround the program. He speaks his mind but can say way too much sometimes. I hope I am wrong but Estill might be looking for other coach next year again.
Coaching travel ball is completely different than coaching school ball. Travel ball you get to choose the kids you coach and the parents you deal with. Not so much with school ball.
I think Lynn will do well. He already coaches most of the team. After the fiasco with the coach last year, he’ll be greatly appreciated.
What happened with Coach Kaylor?
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Coaching travel ball is completely different than coaching school ball. Travel ball you get to choose the kids you coach and the parents you deal with. Not so much with school ball.

I would think with him coaching middle school in the past he has already coached 99 percent of the players anyway. So I don’t think parents will be to much of an issue.
ONLYIKNOW Wrote:I would think with him coaching middle school in the past he has already coached 99 percent of the players anyway. So I don’t think parents will be to much of an issue.

Was parents the issue with Coach Kaylor?
Smokescreen Wrote:Was parents the issue with Coach Kaylor?

I would say her attitude towards players had something to do with it. Players quit because of her and the super had talks on several different occasions to cool It down.
Smokescreen Wrote:Was parents the issue with Coach Kaylor?

Really not sure. From hear say was players and parents.
Awfully quiet.