• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Football 2007
We Have All This Talk About Everyone Else... And It Seems I've Been Slacking With My Support For My Boys So I Have To Start This One.... So Lets Hear The Predictions Guys....

Here's Who They Play

Pineville (H)
Bourbon County (H)

Powell County (A)
Breathitt County (H)
Fleming County (A)
Berea (A)
Phelps (A)
Cawood (H)
Magoffin (H)
Knott County (A)

In That Order
Estill could win 6 games. Powell won't be 1 of them though.
should be great game with powell county. that is one i would not want to miss
RIP_28 Wrote:Estill could win 6 games. Powell won't be 1 of them though.

I'm not saying that powell could or could not beat them. Just curious as to why you are so positive that powell will not be one of Estill's wins?
RIP_28 Wrote:Estill could win 6 games. Powell won't be 1 of them though.

Haha...And What Makes You Soooo Sure That Powell Wont Be One Of Em??? Lol... I'd Be Willing To Bet Money That Estill Will Beat Powell Smile
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:Haha...And What Makes You Soooo Sure That Powell Wont Be One Of Em??? Lol... I'd Be Willing To Bet Money That Estill Will Beat Powell Smile

LET'S TRY TO REMAIN CIVIL. A good rivalry on occasion tends to bring out the worst in all of us. BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND, let's not begin to trade insults. There are a whole lot of ?????? to begin this season on both sides of the county line. Rivalries are best when the desire to beat the opponent is equaled with respect for the game and the opposition. With that being said, there is nothing better than pulling out a big W against your neighbor, and also a district opponent obtaining bragging rights for the year, not to mention the playoff implications.
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:LET'S TRY TO REMAIN CIVIL. A good rivalry on occasion tends to bring out the worst in all of us. BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND, let's not begin to trade insults. There are a whole lot of ?????? to begin this season on both sides of the county line. Rivalries are best when the desire to beat the opponent is equaled with respect for the game and the opposition. With that being said, there is nothing better than pulling out a big W against your neighbor, and also a district opponent obtaining bragging rights for the year, not to mention the playoff implications.
Benedict and Baber are both very good football players. I feel Estill will simply be too "ONE DEMENSIONAL" .
Contrast of styles in this one. Estill control the ball and the clock, Powell will be wide open full throttle. I feel the X factor in this one is who knows how to beat Estill better than Estill does. Powell's defense will be ran by an "OLE ENGINEER" CLOSE , CLOSE GAME but Mike Whitaker's offense will give Powell a chance to win the game in the end. If Estill gets behind at all it's "TURN OUT THE LIGHTS, THE PARTIES OVER". I still think Estill will have a good season.
Having seen both teams last year and knowing nothing of the new coach at Powell I give my nod to the Engineers. It is tough for a coach to come in the first year this late in the game and perform miracles. After Whitaker has a year or so under his belt then we will see what he can do.

Count your blessings that Russell is no longer on either schedule........:p Wink Smile

Just kidding there. Good luck to both teams.
Estill is returning a bunch of starters and an ole Engineer QB running Powell's "D"? Estill will "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Powell to death
From all I can gather, Estill lost 3 starters on off, and 3 on defense from last years squad. Although the B's are going to have a great year, look for new additon to the BF to have a breakout year also. News from Irvine is Estill has made some quality upper classmen additions to their roster not to mention a very strong freshmen class coming in with about 15-20 with some talent. The pass has never been a threat in the past because of personnel, but with the return of starting sr. qb from last year he has the capabilities to make people think twice about putting 11 in the box like most teams have done in the past.
Estill will have a breakout season this year. They will be stronger and faster in the backfield than they were last year. The most improved team in the state last year will continue to roll!!
Pineville (H)- W
Bourbon County (H)- W
Powell County (A)- W

Breathitt County (H)- L
Fleming County (A)- L
Berea (A)- W
Phelps (A)- W
Cawood (H)- W
Magoffin (H)- W
Knott County (A)- W

Estill will be a serious contender. 8-2 going into playoffs against either Fleming or Breathitt.

Powell started 6 soph.'s and a couple of freshman on both sides last year. They were very young and it showed last season. Powell will be huge up front and at least 3 of these guys have started for going on 4 years. I'm tellin' you guys Mike Whitaker will simply out-coach alot of teams on Powell's schedule. Estill will have a good year but the FIRST district game at Powell with a pirate team who will more than likely be 2-0 at this point belongs to Powell this season. Be a great game.
How did Whitaker do at Madison Southern when he was there?
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:Estill will have a breakout season this year. They will be stronger and faster in the backfield than they were last year. The most improved team in the state last year will continue to roll!!

i agree. except for the faster and stronger backfield part. hahahaha. =).
power runners, not much speed
They should be good next year.
DevilsWin Wrote:Pineville (H)- W
Bourbon County (H)- W
Powell County (A)- W

Breathitt County (H)- L
Fleming County (A)- L
Berea (A)- W
Phelps (A)- W
Cawood (H)- W
Magoffin (H)- W
Knott County (A)- W

Estill will be a serious contender. 8-2 going into playoffs against either Fleming or Breathitt.

The last game of the year, w. We shall see you then and we will see.
i belive estill is gonna will go 9-1 loosing to fleming and only fleming b/c its an away game and the refs dont like the estill boys up there and they showed that last year
jc#44 Wrote:i belive estill is gonna will go 9-1 loosing to fleming and only fleming b/c its an away game and the refs dont like the estill boys up there and they showed that last year

amen to that, sir. refs definitely weren't too kind to us. but fleming won, and they played an EXCELLENT game. so they deserved it. but we may get 'em this year, who knows...
yea i agree they did play a good game and who knows what will happen I just hope estill plays ball like they know how and it will be a real good event to watch
jc#44 Wrote:i belive estill is gonna will go 9-1 loosing to fleming and only fleming b/c its an away game and the refs dont like the estill boys up there and they showed that last year

well i think they will also lose to Breathitt going 8-2 but still thats a good record.
thatRBfromCALI Wrote:amen to that, sir. refs definitely weren't too kind to us. but fleming won, and they played an EXCELLENT game. so they deserved it. but we may get 'em this year, who knows...
You guys have any idea how referees are assigned to games? Come on..??
BREATHITT COUNTY WILL ROLL ESTILL!!!!!
Easily and with no effort.
Estill is by no means a contender and Breathitt always is. Breathitt by 50.Breathitt's D hasn't been that great but Estill's D is HORRIBLE.
RIP_28 Wrote:BREATHITT COUNTY WILL ROLL ESTILL!!!!!
Easily and with no effort.
Estill is by no means a contender and Breathitt always is. Breathitt by 50.Breathitt's D hasn't been that great but Estill's D is HORRIBLE.

rip this estill team played this brethitt team for the most part back in 2005 and the D isnt horribe look at what it did to powells O and west carter and morgan it was good enough to keep them from seeing the endzone more times than estill. and i have a question for you do you play football? id love to know
That may be the softest schedule I have ever seen! EVER!
I GUARANTEE BREATHITT will beat the lightning bolt off of there helmet.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I GUARANTEE BREATHITT will beat the lightning bolt off of there helmet.

Here's the deal boys! If you think that the schedule is soft and that Breathitt is "God" then by all means come and cheer on the bobcats and boo the engineers. It seems like there is alot of "hating" going on here about the "neers". I'm not sure but I think we are in your head and maybe I'm smelling some fear out there. We have apparently upset the delicate balance of football worship here on the site and haven't played the first game yet. We are not trying to get caught up in all of the hype. We will let our game do our talking. This is not last year , five years ago or next year. This is this year and our opponents will face a team from Irvine like they haven't seen before. This years:yikes: opponents and their fans will have to decide whether they want to" get down or lay down" because Estill will be "gettting down!"
The hype?, lol...Estill is playing everyone but the Ky School for the Deaf! What hype? IF THEY DON'T WIN 8 GAMES IT WILL BE RIDICULOUS IS WHAT I AM SAYING!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:The hype?, lol...Estill is playing everyone but the Ky School for the Deaf! What hype? IF THEY DON'T WIN 8 GAMES IT WILL BE RIDICULOUS IS WHAT I AM SAYING!

I think that some of our opponents would take offense to your lack of respect for their team. Do you play?
  • 1(current)
  • Next