Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor- Martin County Looking for a New Coach
Heard their coach resigned and transferring his child Lawrence County? Any truth to this rumor?
WinkWinkler Wrote:Heard their coach resigned and transferring his child Lawrence County? Any truth to this rumor?

This is true.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Heard their coach resigned and transferring his child Lawrence County? Any truth to this rumor?

Not the only transfer either, from what I'm hearing........:popcorn:
Yes the father did resign and yes there are some problems with some of the 2019 stats turned into the KHSAA pertaining to the baseball team win / lost record and some of players personal stats.

The simple truth about this transfer had to do with basketball not baseball......

The father as the head baseball coach, was able to bring up and start his son as a 7th grader on the varsity baseball team, however he did not coach or help with the basketball team, therefore his son had to actually compete like every other player for his position and playing time, and when the smoke cleared he barely made the starting lineup for the JV basketball team and his dad got pissed off and started shopping around and as far as rumors go, LC really wasn't their first choice for basketball however LC does have a great baseball program.
I heard it was all due to playing time of a board members son. He did not play him much this season and was not going to be bullied into playing him next year. Martin County wonders why they can not win at any level or sport. Funny
Summer basketball games means "nothing" unless you are from Martin County. I guessSmile
lchsbulldogsalum Wrote:not the only transfer either, from what i'm hearing........:popcorn:

🤔
He got mad at basketball camp because his kid who is an incoming freshman wasn't playing. What happened to paying your dues and waiting for your time to play.
CardinalAlum Wrote:He got mad at basketball camp because his kid who is an incoming freshman wasn't playing. What happened to paying your dues and waiting for your time to play.

What happened to "recruiting high school kids was against the rules"? :biglmao:
WinkWinkler Wrote:I heard it was all due to playing time of a board members son. He did not play him much this season and was not going to be bullied into playing him next year. Martin County wonders why they can not win at any level or sport. Funny

I think he was hired back as coach for 2020?
So my question is, if he was not going to be bullied by a parent into playing a kid, why did he resign ?
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:What happened to "recruiting high school kids was against the rules"? :biglmao:

Are you saying the coaches at LC recruited this from Martin County?
I find it hard to believe.
BallFan1952 Wrote:Are you saying the coaches at LC recruited this from Martin County?
I find it hard to believe.

No. I'm talking about Martin County recruiting THREE out-of-county basketball players.
I thought this thread was about baseball. But there have been some kids transfer into the Martin County school system over past several months. I’m sure every county has new students transfer in over a course of a year and several also leave, but it doesn’t mean they were recruited for any special reason.
This thread started off about a coach resigning and his son transferring to a different school in a different county but that mean he was recruited for some reason, it just mean he choose to attended a different school for some reason.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:What happened to "recruiting high school kids was against the rules"? :biglmao:

Martin County has a brand new multimillion dollar high school opening why wouldn't kids want to go there. We will see how good the kid actually is though when he doesn't have his dad to smoke the books for his stats this upcoming year.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Summer basketball games means "nothing" unless you are from Martin County. I guessSmile

This thread is about baseball and an open coaching position....

If you feel school team summer basketball is nothing, then Nike, Adidas and Under Armor AAU basketball must also be nothing and all the other so called AAU leagues out there where the parents pay dearly for their child to play must be way less than nothing, but they have snazzy names.
Cody Slone and his awesomeness could do both softball and baseball at same time better then anyone else could do one, while refereeing the biggest basketball games in the region five nights a week.

The irony of your comment is not lost. Lawrence County's best basketball years in recent history was when who was playing, the Dalton boys? Where were they from again? What lawyer in LC bought them the house they moved into? Confusedhh: People in glasses houses...well you should know the rest.
Basketballmom41 Wrote:The irony of your comment is not lost. Lawrence County's best basketball years in recent history was when who was playing, the Dalton boys? Where were they from again? What lawyer in LC bought them the house they moved into? Confusedhh: People in glasses houses...well you should know the rest.

You speak as if I was for those transfers back then? Confusedhh: Secondly, at least they did MOVE.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:You speak as if I was for those transfers back then? Confusedhh: Secondly, at least they did MOVE.

Someone is taking this post a little personal. The only way I was speaking of you is the irony in your post. How do I know what you were for? You may or may not have been for it, but I bet you were right there to cheer them on while they were winning.Confusedhh: Secondly, recruiting is recruiting. It doesn't matter if they move or not. What I have noticed about you, is that if you knew half as much about these other schools districts as you think you do, you may be a little dangerous.
The father of one of the boys that moved here, is from MC. I don't know where the other boys live, but I do know Lawrence County isn't above playing players who live across the Tug either. So...like I said...glass houses.
Basketballmom41 Wrote:Someone is taking this post a little personal. The only way I was speaking of you is the irony in your post. How do I know what you were for? You may or may not have been for it, but I bet you were right there to cheer them on while they were winning.Confusedhh: Secondly, recruiting is recruiting. It doesn't matter if they move or not. What I have noticed about you, is that if you knew half as much about these other schools districts as you think you do, you may be a little dangerous.
The father of one of the boys that moved here, is from MC. I don't know where the other boys live, but I do know Lawrence County isn't above playing players who live across the Tug either. So...like I said...glass houses.

Hahaha, boy have you ever got LCHSnutjob pegged.Confusednicker: