Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pepsi 400
I am leaving for Florida on the 7th at 10 am out of Louisville to see my mother in Jacksonville. Right when I get off the plane I will be making my way to Daytona for the Pepsi 400. This will be my first trip to Daytona for a race and was just wondering on everyones thoughts on where to go and what to do at the track. Is there any got things so see while I am there or is it just like Bristol and just scaled up about 10 times lol.
Theres plenty of stuff to do. Its like being at a race in downtown Lexington LOL! All along the front stretch across the road from the race track theyres a bunch of resturants and stores. Theyrs a Bob Evans and a Hooters. I think theyres a Buffalo Wild Wings. Of course youve got Daytona USA right down by turn 4. Thats where the big statue of Dale Earnhardt is. Im almost positive the mall is just right up the road from the track. My cousin went the same year I did (2000) and his wife left and went shopping during the race. Where are your seats?
my seats are in the Lockhart Box if im not mistaking my mother has the tickets down in FL so im not to sure lol...thanks for the info though im so excited...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:my seats are in the Lockhart Box if im not mistaking my mother has the tickets down in FL so im not to sure lol...thanks for the info though im so excited...
I sat in the Depalma Box when I went they right at the entrance to pit road and they were good seats. One thing though as big as that track is youre not going to see the whole track from anywhere. But its awesome when they fly by at 190 ina 30 deep pack. Have a good time.
take a umbrella because it rains every year and have fun.
hey thanks you guys i can not wait its going to be great rain, sleat, snow doesn't matter b/c hell its my first trip to DAYTONA Big Grin...Less than a week away and im so excited...I think my seats are at the entrance to turn one about 17 rows off the track...My dad sat that close for the 500 back in the 90s he has been about 5 or 6 times....But in 99 he was about 15 rows up sitting at the start and finish line and a piece of rubber came off a car and went down his shirt...He felt something burning and he figured it out, it was a piece of rubber burning his flesh lol