Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: PS3 $499 on July 12
Isn't that the price right now or is it $599?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Isn't that the price right now or is it $599?

Its $599 right now it will match the cheapest blue ray player available on the market also by sony at $499.
They had to drop the price. The 360 pwns.
The 360 owns the record for most dead consoles.Smile
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:The 360 owns the record for most dead consoles.Smile

Due to the gaming experience being so addictive you can't stop playing.Big Grin
I probably... still wont buy it, lol.
The price drop will do very little to help sony at the moment. The Wii is domatintiing the PS3 and 360 worldwide. The PS3 sits in third right now.

Their is really no reason to buy a PS3, they have no must have games at the moment, and most of their big releases are going to be mutli-console (I.E. GTA IV).
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:The price drop will do very little to help sony at the moment. The Wii is domatintiing the PS3 and 360 worldwide. The PS3 sits in third right now.

Their is really no reason to buy a PS3, they have no must have games at the moment, and most of their big releases are going to be mutli-console (I.E. GTA IV).
You will be suprised at what the price drop will do.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:You will be suprised at what the price drop will do.

I may be, but I doubt it right now. Sony has dug itself into this hole. All this time they have touted at how superior their system is, how great their games are, and that they will dominate sales, all while saying Nintendo would not be any competition. Well they are wrong on all those subjects. I'm no Sony basher, Ive bought all their systems excluding the PS3.

The price drop for the PSP didn't help much as they are still getting thier butts handed to them by Nintendo.

Even with the price drop the system will still cost $100 more than a premium xbox 360. With GTA IV being multiconsole and with MGS4 looking to head that route also, the PS3 just doesnt pack a punch with that must buy game. Xbox 360 has Halo 3, and Nintendo always pushes out great first party games like the upcoming super smash brothers and the new Super Mario Galaxy.

Sony is no longer king of consoles, and by the way it is looking, they will not regain their throne anytime soon.
I whould get a 360 over a ps3 anyday.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I may be, but I doubt it right now. Sony has dug itself into this hole. All this time they have touted at how superior their system is, how great their games are, and that they will dominate sales, all while saying Nintendo would not be any competition. Well they are wrong on all those subjects. I'm no Sony basher, Ive bought all their systems excluding the PS3.

The price drop for the PSP didn't help much as they are still getting thier butts handed to them by Nintendo.

Even with the price drop the system will still cost $100 more than a premium xbox 360. With GTA IV being multiconsole and with MGS4 looking to head that route also, the PS3 just doesnt pack a punch with that must buy game. Xbox 360 has Halo 3, and Nintendo always pushes out great first party games like the upcoming super smash brothers and the new Super Mario Galaxy.

Sony is no longer king of consoles, and by the way it is looking, they will not regain their throne anytime soon.
Lets face it as a customer if I'm going to buy a 360 or PS3 I want hardware thats going to last. With the recent news all over cnn and fox news of an estimated 2.5 million reports of defective 360 consoles all around the word costing costing microsoft over 1 billion to fix this has done nothing but hurt microsoft sales.

Alot of those people who had 360s have since went to the ps3 and as I browse the xbox forums everyday I see somebody thinking about going ps3 because of all the hassle .So to get to the point its microsoft who has shot themselves in the foot.

I still believe that the ps3 will outlast and outsale the xbox 360 just like the ps2 outlasted the xbox and outsold.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Lets face it as a customer if I'm going to buy a 360 or PS3 I want hardware thats going to last. With the recent news all over cnn and fox news of an estimated 2.5 million reports of defective 360 consoles all around the word costing costing microsoft over 1 billion to fix this has done nothing but hurt microsoft sales.

Alot of those people who had 360s have since went to the ps3 and as I browse the xbox forums everyday I see somebody thinking about going ps3 because of all the hassle .So to get to the point its microsoft who has shot themselves in the foot.

I still believe that the ps3 will outlast and outsale the xbox 360 just like the ps2 outlasted the xbox and outsold.

The reason the PS2 outsold the competition is becuase they had a much larger consumer base to begin with. And with backwards compatibility with the PS1 it had a huge library.

Yes the Xbox 360 does have problems, so did the original xbox, but it still sold well all over the world, excluding Japan. The major problem that is hurting the PS3 right now is that they are being dominated in their homeland of japan, an area they have ruled for a decade.

Lets not forget that the PS2 had some problems with thier hardware also, the original ps2 (the fat one), and the overheating problems of the slim ps2. They still sold extremlely well.

With the xbox having a huge library now, and a year start on the ps3, I believe sony is fighting an uphill battle. The xbox 360 and PS3 are pretty even graphics wise, and they are competing for the same gamer base. With no huge exclusives I believe their is no reason to buy a ps3 if you have a 360.

I would recommend that gamers go the wii60 route, get the 360 for the mature hardcore games, and buy the wii for the inovative games being made for the wii remote.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:The reason the PS2 outsold the competition is becuase they had a much larger consumer base to begin with. And with backwards compatibility with the PS1 it had a huge library.

Yes the Xbox 360 does have problems, so did the original xbox, but it still sold well all over the world, excluding Japan. The major problem that is hurting the PS3 right now is that they are being dominated in their homeland of japan, an area they have ruled for a decade.

Lets not forget that the PS2 had some problems with thier hardware also, the original ps2 (the fat one), and the overheating problems of the slim ps2. They still sold extremlely well.

With the xbox having a huge library now, and a year start on the ps3, I believe sony is fighting an uphill battle. The xbox 360 and PS3 are pretty even graphics wise, and they are competing for the same gamer base. With no huge exclusives I believe their is no reason to buy a ps3 if you have a 360.

I would recommend that gamers go the wii60 route, get the 360 for the mature hardcore games, and buy the wii for the inovative games being made for the wii remote.

I might get a wii soon I like the wii sports and of course zelda.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:The reason the PS2 outsold the competition is becuase they had a much larger consumer base to begin with. And with backwards compatibility with the PS1 it had a huge library.

The 360 doing very poor in japan like .48 million ps3 is about to pass 1 million at .98. Now the wii with the under 300 price is really kicking some tail and seems to fit well with the games that use motion like bowling and baseball. Ony if the graphics could stack up . I doubt it will ever happen with any of nintendo's consoles.
^^ Graphics have been proven too not really affect gamers decisions as the Wii and DS have shown.

The Xbox will never succeed in Japan, they wont support an american console.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:^^ Graphics have been proven too not really affect gamers decisions as the Wii and DS have shown.

The Xbox will never succeed in Japan, they wont support an american console.
I wont support American consoles either if we can't make better products then what microsoft has shown with the 360.
I well, not I ... my kids have 2 PSP's, PS2, PS3, PS, Game Cube and ALL of the other hand held nintendo's. I would have to say that he (my youngest) plays his PS2, PS3 and Game Boy advanced more than anything he has.... I could probably put his PSP back in the box and take it back to the store and they woudln't know the difference!! He NEVER plays it! As far as the PS3, he LOVES it. We just bought the additional cooler that you can purchase for it and he has yet to have any problems what so ever with it. He likes the graphics and yes, we have Madden 08 reserved at Game Stop... LOL....
phs1986 Wrote:I well, not I ... my kids have 2 PSP's, PS2, PS3, PS, Game Cube and ALL of the other hand held nintendo's. I would have to say that he (my youngest) plays his PS2, PS3 and Game Boy advanced more than anything he has.... I could probably put his PSP back in the box and take it back to the store and they woudln't know the difference!! He NEVER plays it! As far as the PS3, he LOVES it. We just bought the additional cooler that you can purchase for it and he has yet to have any problems what so ever with it. He likes the graphics and yes, we have Madden 08 reserved at Game Stop... LOL....
I think the ps3 has a pretty good cooling system on it even without the extra coolers.I left my console on over night folding@home before and woke up with 0 problems. Mine runs as good as it did December 14 2006 when I bought it.
Ive not had any problems with my 360, yet, but I have had some friends who have had various troubles from their system. But most of those where bought at launch, and Microsoft repaired the issues. It seems they didnt learn anything from the launch of the original Xbox. But to be fair neither the PS3 or 360 are without their problems.

I really do hope this price drop does occur, it will make everyone else step up. Microsoft will most likely drop their price, and Nintendo will most likely keep a steady supply of systems on the shelves to met demand. But according to Sony's president no price drop is planned, but you cant believe them, they never tell the truth. Some of their recent statements have made me very angry. They have blamed all their problems with selling systems on everything but themselves. I guess getting their butts kicked for almost a year has changed their minds.

If Sony does not drop the price, I think the PS3 will not succeed. Gamers can get the same games on the 360 for a lot less.
Keep in mind that Sony is reportedly taking a loss on each system sold already. So if the price drop doesn't work, Sony is in deep trouble.
Check out this petition to recall the 360 some of the stuff is just insane from dead out of the box to cracked disk. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/s...i?360recal
warriorpride Wrote:I whould get a 360 over a ps3 anyday.
If they were the same price i would get the ps3 but since thier not i have a 360

Only thing killing the ps3 is the price.
baseballfan Wrote:If they were the same price i would get the ps3 but since thier not i have a 360

Only thing killing the ps3 is the price.

I think 360 has better games as well. Most of the good games for PS3 are muti-platformed like madden and grand theft auto. They really dont have there good games like gears of wars for the 360.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I might get a wii soon I like the wii sports and of course zelda.

:Thumbs: Yea those are they only reason to get a wii.
warriorpride Wrote:I think 360 has better games as well. Most of the good games for PS3 are muti-platformed like madden and grand theft auto. They really dont have there good games like gears of wars for the 360.

The only reason that the 360 has some better games is because its been out since late 2005 a year and a half before ps3 just wait till mgs4, final fantasy 13, and heavenly sword roll in then say the xbox 360 has better games.
Heavenly sword gameplay
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:The only reason that the 360 has some better games is because its been out since late 2005 a year and a half before ps3 just wait till mgs4, final fantasy 13, and heavenly sword roll in then say the xbox 360 has better games.

Make that a year before ps3 which is still a pretty good amount of time to get games rolling in.
Even with this price drop I still don't think I will get a PS3 until they go way down. I am too involved with school right now to be concentrating on the PS3 and plus if I do get to play sometimes it is usually the Wii. I will just wait until me brother buys one so I can play Final Fantasy 13.